Pelicans Report

Thread: Either we have bad coaching or dumb players.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar

Either we have bad coaching or dumb players.

Im watching the offense and see nothing. We have a backup Point (who starts) dribbling back and forth for 20 seconds and then takes a bad shot or drives and throws the ball away. I saw a couple of times 3 men in the paint bumping into each other looking lost (no, they were not setting picks). We hardly took a clear shot in the second half vs the Pacers. Just too many reasons to get down after watching this crap over and over. I guess we will earn more lottery balls.
    Geaux Pells!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hugo View Post
    Im watching the offense and see nothing. We have a backup Point (who starts) dribbling back and forth for 20 seconds and then takes a bad shot or drives and throws the ball away. I saw a couple of times 3 men in the paint bumping into each other looking lost (no, they were not setting picks). We hardly took a clear shot in the second half vs the Pacers. Just too many reasons to get down after watching this crap over and over. I guess we will earn more lottery balls.
    Hopefully, Hugo
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

That's what the tank is all about. Play confused, sloppy ball control (turnovers), foul and throw bricks. Create momentum in the fans for a ping pong ball frenzy to keep them interested. Throw in coaching issues and you have a win win situation.

Well, for one, we are currently vastly under-talented compared to most NBA teams. But I still don't get why we have Roberts playing the 1 instead of Rivers. Every time Roberts starts with the ball, I'm just screaming at the TV for him to pass the damn ball.

Alot of this could be because we are the youngest team in the league, and has played a number of games without our best two players.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Lack of talent, lack of chemistry and only a couple of players that know how to play. Look at last years Timberwolves squad, they suffered from the same thing. Even with an established super star in Love and solid players in Pekovic and Ridnour, they couldn't make up for the lack of ability in the rest of the lineup (Wes Johnson, Michael Beasly, Anthony Randolph etc.). We've got a good core in but the lack of talent around it makes it look bad.

We need to add some solid depth in the offseason, and a starting SF. Probably a PG too. Then we will have a solid turnaround season like them. Coaching is not the problem.

I don't think it's the coaching. Almost the entire roster that is getting significant playing time right now wasn't on this team last year.

Gordon, Vasquez, Aminu, Henry, Smith, and Thomas were on the team last year. Vasquez is the only one who's even really playing right now.

Then of the other players, 4 of them are rookies. There's also been tons of injuries and it's shown the Hornets have no depth outside of Ryan Anderson. I thought this team was a 6-10 spot in the lottery, with an outside chance of being the #8 seed in the playoffs if they stayed healthy and started off the season hot. The injuries have destroyed that.

That's fine though. This season sucks so far, but the team should get another high draft pick. Even OKC had the 2nd and 4th worst records in the league during Durant's first two seasons.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar
    We dont have Kevin Durant. In my opinion Vasquez ia a back up.

All-Star
    I honestly believe that's it coaching ever since Monty became the head coach of the hornets the team always seem to struggle in the 3rd quarter and at the end of games

Re: Either we have bad coaching or dumb players.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    I honestly believe that's it coaching ever since Monty became the head coach of the hornets the team always seem to struggle in the 3rd quarter and at the end of games
    3rd quarter you may have a point. Monty is known for calling good plays out of timeouts, though. Some people here hate his system, but each game it creates multiple clean looks for our players that are within their range. He has always seemed to put players in a position to where they can have some kind of success.

Not having enough talent (quality and quantity) on the floor every night is what causes this team to struggle. If Monty was let go, there would only be a handful of teams that wouldn't pursue him.

I swear that some people here would rag on Clyde Drexler if he had played for our team because he wasn't MJ.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

All-Star
    it just trip me out how some people are quick to give Monty and Dell a pass on everything, when he had CP3 and Dwest the same type of stuff happened
    Last edited by BIG_CITY_BOI; 12-25-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Either we have bad coaching or dumb players.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    it just trip me out how some people are quick to give Monty and Dell a pass on everything when he had CP3 and Dwest the same type of stuff happened
    Winning solves everything.

roger mason and xavier henry get minutes on this team...enough said

Thread Information