Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Small move before Wed?

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that Michael is talking about Raja Bell.

He's played for plenty of teams, has an expiring contract, fulfills two needs (long-range shooting and vet presence), and is disgruntled with his current team.

I, personally, want us to go after Korver or Morrow. Surely Atlanta doesn't need both of these snipers!
    They have Morrow, korver and Jenkins, 3 of the best 3 point snipers in the league.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    McNamara, no offense, but if you can't release names, then why would you release other information about the player leaving us to speculate? If the team doesn't want anyone to know who they re going after, don't report teaser information just to get more hits on your page/twitter feed. Or just post who they are showing interest in. If it's only rumors, label it as a rumor and attach a name to it.

This is stuff about reporters and reporting that drives me nuts. Sorry to vent. It's not just McNamara that does this... it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    McNamara, no offense, but if you can't release names, then why would you release other information about the player leaving us to speculate? If the team doesn't want anyone to know who they re going after, don't report teaser information just to get more hits on your page/twitter feed. Or just post who they are showing interest in. If it's only rumors, label it as a rumor and attach a name to it.

This is stuff about reporters and reporting that drives me nuts. Sorry to vent. It's not just McNamara that does this... it happens all the time.
    If he told us exactly which player he was talking about, he'd most likely risk losing the connection or connections he found this information from in the first place. By providing us hints, he's giving us the ability to guess for ourselves and not leaving us completely in the dark. It's completely understandable. As a fan, I know it's frustrating. But I'd rather get some information than no information at all.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If he told us exactly which player he was talking about, he'd most likely risk losing the connection or connections he found this information from in the first place. By providing us hints, he's giving us the ability to guess for ourselves and not leaving us completely in the dark. It's completely understandable. As a fan, I know it's frustrating. But I'd rather get some information than no information at all.
    Sometimes I'd rather just be surprised by a move than sit around waiting for a trade that may not happen. I dunno.. it just seems that if releasing information about the trade could compromise the trade/relationship with "sources" then why even release hints and leave it at "Sources say Hornets may make a move before Wednesday".

It's that PLUS the fact that at least one of the guys offered in the proposal figures to be a part of the Hornets regular rotation. As a fan, I dont want that guy to be effected if the Hornets shop him but cant make a deal and he has to play for us.

That's my thinking, but I could understand if others dont agree with it
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    A small move? Or a "small" move? *wink wink*

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It's that PLUS the fact that at least one of the guys offered in the proposal figures to be a part of the Hornets regular rotation. As a fan, I dont want that guy to be effected if the Hornets shop him but cant make a deal and he has to play for us.

Now I have no idea who you're talking about......for either side.

I beg the differ. I'd rather get accurate information. I gave up on the whole insider crap. If Woj isn't reporting it, it's not worth repeating. Demps is the kind of GM who is always communicating with other teams so these type of vague info doesn't mean much.

If he would come in and start right away, then that leads me to believe it would have to be a point guard

It's that PLUS the fact that at least one of the guys offered in the proposal figures to be a part of the Hornets regular rotation.
    I'm actually wondering if Jason Smith gets traded this season. He'll be hard to keep long term and Lopez is playing well enough that he'll get fewer minutes than he deserves. I think a fan favorite getting shipped out this season is a given. We already lost Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    If he would come in and start right away, then that leads me to believe it would have to be a point guard
    Point or a 3. Neither of those positions are locked down.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

I can completely understand why you wouldnt want to give up the Hornets players name for the exact reason your mentioned. But i dont think too many people care about that, we want to know who might become a part of the team.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-29-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Considering the rotation is what, 8-10 guys, that means it could be anyone. Again vague information to create a buzz (pun intended)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Point or a 3. Neither of those positions are locked down.
    No. But I have a real good feeling about Darius Miller. He's like Quincy Pondexter only way more competant a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    No. But I have a real good feeling about Darius Miller. He's like Quincy Pondexter only way more competant a shooter.
    What number is Miller? 22 or 20? Or neither lol

Considering the rotation is what, 8-10 guys, that means it could be anyone. Again vague information to create a buzz (pun intended)
    Dude, its more info that anyone else is giving us. If you want to be surprised then don't click on the thread that speculates about it.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-29-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I don't think regular rotation automatically means a starter. It can be, but it can also include players that regularly come off the bench.

Or am I wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Quail pointed out the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    I'm actually wondering if Jason Smith gets traded this season. He'll be hard to keep long term and Lopez is playing well enough that he'll get fewer minutes than he deserves. I think a fan favorite getting shipped out this season is a given. We already lost Goose.
    I would agree with this if it was next October and Lopez played an entire season without getting hurt. Too early to let JSmith go now.

What number is Miller? 22 or 20? Or neither lol

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

No, you're totally right. Don't worry about what that guy says he's just impatient.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I hope so because it'll be a steal if so.

It's clearly mo williams guys. 4 teams started for, expiring and would start for us.

Either way, i appreciate the info because it gives us something to speculate about before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    It's clearly mo williams guys. 4 teams started for, expiring and would start for us.

Either way, i appreciate the info because it gives us something to speculate about before the season starts.
    Would make sense. They want to get Beldsoe some more minutes too i'm assuming.

I think Mo Williams only started for 3 teams.

I initially thought that as well. But it wouldn't make sense. Utah just traded for Moe. Plus, we couldn't give them anything back to sufficiently compensate them without giving up a semi-valuable/valuable piece in return. They are really weak at the 1. As are we.

Thread Information