Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm not pleased with some coaching decisions he makes. It's warranted to question it. But to go to the extreme?

It's like questioning Davis's motor and actually thinking it at all means Davis is lazy. Not saying anyone said that, but it's the next leap in logic when you bring that up.
    I'm not happy with some coaching decisions as well. For example, I think Monty has the worst rotations ever. I just think that we all want to win, it's natural, but right now; I can understand the lack of success.

I've seen Damian "the chucker" Lillard take only 1 bad shot so far

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You don't find the offensive style just terrible? Our best players Anderson and Davis touch the ball the least out of everyone.
    I do, I do. Wasn't trying to be offensive, so my apologies. But I don't think Monty's job is in some kind of jeopardy any time soon. If anything, it could the assistant coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I do, I do. Wasn't trying to be offensive, so my apologies. But I don't think Monty's job is in some kind of jeopardy any time soon. If anything, it could the assistant coaches.
    I'm just trying to think that if Puddin' comes back how will this offense fit him, and how will that improve the team. I just don't see it. Unless Gordon is going to run 100 PnR a game, this offense isn't very elaborate or well game planned.

We came out at the beginning of the game giving Lopez the rock every time down the floor. Why? lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm just trying to think that if Puddin' comes back how will this offense fit him, and how will that improve the team. I just don't see it. Unless Gordon is going to run 100 PnR a game, this offense isn't very elaborate or well game planned.

We came out at the beginning of the game giving Lopez the rock every time down the floor. Why? lol
    This offense likes to isolate guards. Gordon is an excellent one on one player and at running pick and rolls. He's also the best since player since Chris Paul at splitting traps off the pick and roll. It'd make a lot of our offense look better than it is. But it isn't like we're Pop, where we kill you with great spacing and ball movement.

You don't find the offensive style just terrible? Our best players Anderson and Davis touch the ball the least out of everyone.
    Neither Davis nor Anderson are ball dominate/iso type players. Anderson is a pure shooter with a decent post game and Davis is a hustle guy with a decent jumpshot and touch around the basket. Maybe at some point in either players career they'll be better suited to produce how some of you want, but right now that just aren't who either player is.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-16-2012 at 09:17 PM.

I think I said last week that Monty's offense sucks, and is based off of iso plays too often, NO PASSING, NO OFFENSIVE PLAY PACKAGES AT ALL... Just put the ball in Vasquez' hands and see what he could do...

Then on Defense we play a zone that leaves the perimeter open EVERY PLAY, all he ever preaches is rebounding and doing better at the 4 and 5 positions lol... Come on Monty at some point you gotta put the work in and install some of this great elaborate defense that we've been hearing about

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    I've seen Damian "the chucker" Lillard take only 1 bad shot so far
    I call it the Playing-Against-The-Hornets-Effect

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Neither Davis nor Anderson are ball dominate/iso type players. Anderson is a pure shooter with a decent post game and Davis is a hustle guy with a decent jumpshot. Maybe at some point in either players career they'll be better suited to produce how some of you want, but right now that just aren't who either player is.
    EXXXXAAAAACCCTTTTLLLYYY

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I think I said last week that Monty's offense sucks, and is based off of iso plays too often, NO PASSING, NO OFFENSIVE PLAY PACKAGES AT ALL... Just put the ball in Vasquez' hands and see what he could do...

Then on Defense we play a zone that leaves the perimeter open EVERY PLAY, all he ever preaches is rebounding and doing better at the 4 and 5 positions lol... Come on Monty at some point you gotta put the work in and install some of this great elaborate defense that we've been hearing about
    Monty's defense is fine. The personnel he has just can't operate it. The coach can only do so much. And we have seen in the past that this system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Leto View Post
    I call it the Playing-Against-The-Hornets-Effect
    Playing against Greivis and a defense as bad as ours would give him more reason to be jacking up shots instead of getting his teammates involved

Davis conditioning is not up to par
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Portland 7/13 from 3...

In other news, JJ Hickson is kicking our butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Portland 7/13 from 3...
    Who doesn't have career 3 point nights against us?

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    without anderson, we'd be atrocious. like, worse than charlotte last year atrocious.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

The team averaged 88.6 ppg without Gordon last season, but averaged 95.6 per game with Gordon. He'll make a difference.

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

Closing speed from Henry is atrocious

JJ Hickson looks like an All-Star Against us.

Sooner Rivers starts finishing with his left the better.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That's a terrible call if they call it a flagrant.

A flagrant 2 IS an ejection, Wesley.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Sooner Rivers starts finishing with his left the better.
    Or develop a mid range jumper ...

What happen to the days of good smart fouls? That wasn't hard just assuring he could covert the and 1. The league today I swear.

They have that foul in 2k and it isn't a flagrant

Thread Information