Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by jcsunsfan View Post
    It just a silly scenario. There is no reason why the Suns would renounce so he could be traded elsewhere. Not trying to troll here, really. Just trying to look objectively. I have always assumed that NO would match. I don't think the Suns are going to offer anything of great substance for a s&t. They are just overpaying and then wondering if NO wants to overpay a sg who does not want to be there. If so, the Suns move on to the next option.

If they can make it more palatable by giving NO something will take the sting out of it, fine.

It happened to the Suns with Joe Johnson.
    You're missing the point. I never said they would renounce to be traded elsewhere. The only path to Phx is if Gordon does not sign their contract or they renounce. The suns would only renounce if they agree to a sign and trade if they want Gordon that bad. They don't and have expressed they won't sign and trade for him. They wouldn't renounce for him to be traded elsewhere because he already can be traded elsewhere with his permission for a year. After the year we can send him to the Bobcats if we wanted and the Suns and Gordon would have to live with it. We will match if he signs the deal and he won't be a sun for at least 3 years.

The Franchise
    I don't usually make trades but here is one I like that I thought of.

Philly Trade
    Iggy
    2014 (top 5 protected pick)

Receive
    Eric Gordon

New Orleans Trade
    Gordon

New Orleans Receive
    Biedrins
    Barnes
    GSW 2013 (top 3 Protected first)
    76ers 2014 (top 5 protected pick)

Golden State Trade
    Barnes
    Biedrins
    2013 (top 3 protected)

Receive
    Iggy

Why for 76ers: They are an athletic team with no outside shooters, Eric Gordon would instantly be their best player and give them an outside threat. There was talk of a draft day trade with GSW which has died now so building upon this

Why for Hornets: Its good value - we have the cap space to take on Biedrins for a couple of years, Barnes looks like a nice prospect and firsts next season and 2014 help the rebuild.

Why for Warriors: They have stated they want proven players to compete now, there was talk of Iggy for pick #7 before the draft this is just adding to that while taking Biedrins of their hands (with Curry likely to get a large deal next year, this could be very important)
    Last edited by RyanM; 07-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Suns Fan: "Will you take two scrubs and a top twenty protected pick for Gordon?"

Hornets Fan: "No."

Suns Fan: "U guyz r st00pid lololololololol!"

Bottom line: The Hornets aren't going to let Gordon walk for nothing. They have endless amounts of cap space to eat his contract for a year then trade him elsewhere. The Hornets are not going to trade him to the Suns for garbage, for the reason why see the last sentence. If the Suns actually want Gordon they'll have to part with at least two quality players (and yes that's going to be players the Suns fans don't want to lose and not a couple of bums) and a draft pick that's no more than top three protected. Sorry, that's reality. That's the only way the Suns get Gordon in the next three/four years.

Don't like it? C'est la vie, just walk away but that's the way it is. They aren't going to get him simply by 'overpaying' when the team that can match has $40 million in cap space and is currently rebuilding. He's an asset. Another team will take him a year from now at $14 million unless he breaks his legs.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Would you sign Gordon if he was an UFA?

With his injury history, would you got out and sign Eric Gordon if he was an UFA to a max contract (even though it was really $10M more than you thought he was worth) if you knew he wouldn't be happy here?

Sounds like a really stupid question doesn't it? (and obviously he wouldn't sign here if he didn't want to be here, but of course this is hypothetical)

Or would you do it simply because, even though you thought you were overpaying him, that he would be a valuable trade asset later, even though he is injured every season?

If you reasonably answered that you wouldn't go out and sign him if he was unrestricted, what's REALLY the difference here?

Quote Originally Posted by WilkesG View Post
    With his injury history, would you got out and sign Eric Gordon if he was an UFA to a max contract (even though it was really $10M more than you thought he was worth) if you knew he wouldn't be happy here?

Sounds like a really stupid question doesn't it? (and obviously he wouldn't sign here if he didn't want to be here, but of course this is hypothetical)

Or would you do it simply because, even though you thought you were overpaying him, that he would be a valuable trade asset later, even though he is injured every season?

If you reasonably answered that you wouldn't go out and sign him if he was unrestricted, what's REALLY the difference here?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Just listened to today's episode of the Swarm, and all it really did for me was to push home the fact that matching the offer and bringing Gordon back is by far our best best. Those trades that were proposed were just terrible.

What if Gordon blows his ACL's next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    What if Anthony Davis blows his ACL out next year?

Gordon has never had a significant injury like that. Sure, he gets nicked up a lot, but you are comparing apples and oranges.

I would either
    A. End it all or
    B. Put on my Mr. Lottery ball costume

Either way I have something to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by WilkesG View Post

who has ever valued gordon at 4-6 mil a year?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    What if Anthony Davis blows his ACL out next year?
    Yeah but Anthony Davis isn't a d-bag and he'll actually be here for the next four years.

Yeah but Anthony Davis isn't a d-bag and he'll actually be here for the next four years.
    Let's make it fair and say 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You're missing the point. I never said they would renounce to be traded elsewhere. The only path to Phx is if Gordon does not sign their contract or they renounce. The suns would only renounce if they agree to a sign and trade if they want Gordon that bad. They don't and have expressed they won't sign and trade for him. They wouldn't renounce for him to be traded elsewhere because he already can be traded elsewhere with his permission for a year. After the year we can send him to the Bobcats if we wanted and the Suns and Gordon would have to live with it. We will match if he signs the deal and he won't be a sun for at least 3 years.
    The point here is that Gordon is going to a Hornet or a Sun next year and that will be for a max contract. I do believe the Suns would do a minimal s&t. Warrick, a resigned Shannon Brown, and the 2013 Laker pick would probably do it. If not, Gordon will be an unhappy Hornet. I am sure he will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Let's make it fair and say 8 years.
    Actually, we would offer him the 5-year max for an RFA (assuming he lives up to his potential), so it would be 9 years

Hello there NO Fans-
    I'm a Suns fan and created an account to bounce stuff off you guys at least until this whole saga finishes either way.

Trade scenarios with Phx on S&T:

If NO truly wants Gortat you'll going to have to take Josh Childress.

Suns trade:
    Marcin Gortat (7.2 mil)
    Josh Childress (6.8 mil)
    Kendall Marshall (2.1 mil)
    Suns 1st round pick ( No protection)
    Lakers 1st round pick ( Lakers)
    Lakers 2nd round pick (Lakers

Hornets trade:
    Eric Gordon (14 mil)

Well just give you all of our prospects

Suns trade:
    Kendall Marshall
    Markieff Morris
    Both of Lakers 1st round picks
    Suns 1st round draft pick ( lottery proctected)

If not, then you'll can stay with an unhappy maxed (5 yrs 78 mil) Eric Gordon and the Suns will go after a cheaper version OJ Mayo and still have money to go after either Serge Ibaka/James Harden next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by ray ray View Post

Suns trade:
    Marcin Gortat (7.2 mil)
    Josh Childress (6.8 mil)

Hornets trade:
    Eric Gordon (14 mil)
    Where do we sign?

There's no way we take back Childress, and Gortat isn't even as good as his stats suggest (offensively) - Nash did wonders for him.

We get: Gortat, Marshall, and Suns' 1st round pick unprotected

Suns get: Gordon

That's it. Gordon is a great young player. A franchise player, and he is only 23.

why on Earth was Childress given that contract? Desperation I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    why on Earth was Childress given that contract? Desperation I guess.
    Stupid management. Same reason they offered EJ the max. There is a reason why Phoenix always sucks.

Just because you're angry at Gordon doesn't mean u should lower his value. EJ can play and some of you guys are acting like he's a scrub because he said bad things about the team.... Soon the fans will be whining just as much as Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    There's no way we take back Childress, and Gortat isn't even as good as his stats suggest (offensively) - Nash did wonders for him.

We get: Gortat, Marshall, and Suns' 1st round pick unprotected

Suns get: Gordon

That's it. Gordon is a great young player. A franchise player, and he is only 23.
    I really don't think we have a good chance at getting both Gortat and a first unprotected without taking back a bad contract. Suns aren't even that keen to giving up Gortat in the first place, much less the unprotected first.

Hello there NO Fans-
    I'm a Suns fan and created an account to bounce stuff off you guys at least until this whole saga finishes either way.

Suns trade:
    Marcin Gortat (7.2 mil)
    Josh Childress (6.8 mil)

Hornets trade:
    Eric Gordon (14 mil)
    I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    I'd take that in a heartbeat.
    This. I would be ecstatic if they could get that for Gordon. Not familiar with Childress contract but unless it goes on for like another three or four years that's not a problem at all.

If not, then you'll can stay with an unhappy maxed (5 yrs 78 mil) Eric Gordon
    Just to fill you in: worst case scenario for the Hornets is to match the 4 year $58 million the Suns offered. They don't have to give him 5 years $78 million.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 07-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.

This. I would be ecstatic if they could get that for Gordon. Not familiar with Childress contract but unless it goes on for like another three or four years that's not a problem at all.
    3 more years escalating: 6.5, 7.1, and 7.3.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Hello there NO Fans-

Suns trade:
    Marcin Gortat (7.2 mil)
    Josh Childress (6.8 mil)

Hornets trade:
    Eric Gordon (14 mil)

Well just give you all of our prospects

Suns trade:
    Kendall Marshall
    Markieff Morris
    Both of Lakers 1st round picks
    Suns 1st round draft pick ( lottery proctected)

If not, then you'll can stay with an unhappy maxed (5 yrs 78 mil) Eric Gordon and the Suns will go after a cheaper version OJ Mayo and still have money to go after either Serge Ibaka/James Harden next offseason.
    I'll take #1.. the unprotected 2013 (I'm assuming you mean 2013) would be the best asset here, because without Gortat I don't think the Suns have a very good chance of making the playoffs with Beasley, Frye, and Lopez starting (that's who I assume will be starting), no offense. The West just looks really deep this year like always and I expect there to be a .500 team to not make the playoffs this year, which could end up being Phoenix.

I'd really try to switch Childress to Warrick so that the contract isn't too tough to swallow. Phoenix can always amnesty Childress if they really have to, and they're still unloading an unfavorable contract who probably won't get too much time with Beasley, Morris, and Frye taking up time at the PF spot.

So my return proposal would be

Suns trade:
    Marcin Gortat (7.2 mil)
    Hakim Warrick (4.6 mil)
    Suns unprotected 2013 1st round pick
    Lakers unprotected 2013 1st and 2nd round picks

Hornets trade:
    Eric Gordon (14 mil)

Thread Information