Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Hornets guy here in Lafayette just blogged about it. Seems to be reiterating a lot of what's on this board.
    Beyond The Mic: Deja Vu, Eric Gordon Out Indefinitely With Knee Injury

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He played 9 games.. The whole season and never played 4 straight.
    but but but.. it was a short season. He would have surely played 13 games if it was a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Knee injury to start last season, and the bad back late in the year.
    I don't recall him playing through neither. He sat his arse on that bench just like he'll do tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Considering people with slightly negative opinions of anyone on our team always get attacked around here as pessimists I dont blame him
    And I followed up that comment with why I still don't feel it necessary.

The problem with that arugment, means he was injured EVEN MORE than the games he was out.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And dont be too harsh with Monty. He knows EXACTLY what is going on. He doesn't want to throw his player under the bus.
    Yep

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He played 9 games.. The whole season and never played 4 straight.
    What he played is irrelevant, he still played through pain.

Nah, this isn't happening.

He's fine. It's a Halloween prank.

Ahahahahahahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not trying to pat myself on the back at all. I would have been the happiest person in the world if I was wrong.

It's just that you gotta understand that at H247, we put 100-150 hours a week into what we do between all of us and we do it for the readers. And to be labeled as pessimists is a little frustrating. We try to give fans the best info possible and when it is not what people want to hear, they dismiss it.

Hope to be wrong on Gordon, Aminu, Vasquez, etc. but sometimes the facts includes bad news
    Thank you for all the work, we really do appreciate it. That said, I remember you fiercely defending David Stern and what he did to the hornets when he prevented a trade from happening. You believed the Hornets got the better deal, because of Stern. Do you now see that, just like you put 150 hours a week into your understanding of the Hornets and its players, the people who work for the Hornets, who lined up that rockets/lakers trade, actually put considerably more time into getting us the best deal. IF that deal goes through, we don't have Eric Gordon, who will never play. We don't have Kaman, who we gave up for nothing. We don't have Aminu, who may or may not even play for this team. Can you admit that what Stern did for this team was not in the best interest for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    What he played is irrelevant, he still played through pain.
    Irrelevant to you maybe, but not the rest of the world. You don't have any clue what level of pain he was in. It could have been very minor, and when it got major he sat, which is why it is relevant. If you want to make an argument so broad, then EVERYONE has played through pain.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Time for Austin and xavier to step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    Well played, gentlemen. Gotta laugh to keep from throwing valuable objects.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    Thank you for all the work, we really do appreciate it. That said, I remember you fiercely defending David Stern and what he did to the hornets when he prevented a trade from happening. You believed the Hornets got the better deal, because of Stern. Do you now see that, just like you put 150 hours a week into your understanding of the Hornets and its players, the people who work for the Hornets, who lined up that rockets/lakers trade, actually put considerably more time into getting us the best deal. IF that deal goes through, we don't have Eric Gordon, who will never play. We don't have Kaman, who we gave up for nothing. We don't have Aminu, who may or may not even play for this team. Can you admit that what Stern did for this team was not in the best interest for this team?
    Please tell me what we'd have from the lakers trade. You conveniently left out AD and Rivers too

aggravation

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Nah, this isn't happening.

He's fine. It's a Halloween prank.

Ahahahahahahahahah.

I bet he's playing ps3 and sucking his thumb as we speak.

We wouldnt have Anothony Davis had this trade been blocked. And its not like we had to sign Gordon. Stern made the franchaise sellable; had we taken that houston package the hornets would be in Albequerce right now.

I am the biggest Eric Gordon fan, and even I am getting tired of this. I really don't know what to say. So many conflicting reports. Now all we can do is take a wait and see approach, and cheer for the Hornet's players that are playing.

Hindsight is 20/20. The hornets got a better deal at the time and now with Stern than without. Sure Degic would have been nice, but with Dragic and Martin we wouldn't have been in position to land the #1 overall pick and may have lost Dragic for "nothing" just like we lost Kaman.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    We wouldnt have Anothony Davis had this trade been blocked. And its not like we had to sign Gordon. Stern made the franchaise sellable; had we taken that houston package the hornets would be in Albequerce right now.
    Exactly. We'd have cry baby Odom, Kevin "aint worth a turd last year" Martin, and Ebanks? AW YEAH WINNING

just annoys me that this is gonna delay Austin's transition to PG

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I just threw up all over my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Well played, gentlemen. Gotta laugh to keep from throwing valuable objects.
    Yeah they got me eh? Guess i deserved to be clowned for that one

I think the B.D. title can be applied now..
    Has an MRI been done? Is there swelling? If there is swelling ok thats one thing but if not..congrats EG = BD.
    Get an MRI on the knee. Figure it out. Get it done.. if he can't play well i guess he has to retire right?

Insult to injury lol

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Dubs had to jump on $11M per for Steph Curry, ankle woes and all. Don't forget Eric Gordon missed almost all of '11-12 & got max offer sheet

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    just annoys me that this is gonna delay Austin's transition to PG
    Austin will play plenty point guard once Parker strips Vasquez on 3 straight possessions.

Just let the season play out, get another lottery pick and a lot of cap room. This is just a learning season for both the players and the fans. Getting upset about losses or Eric Gordon will just drive you crazy. Enjoy the young guys and brush everything else off your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I think the B.D. title can be applied now..
    Has an MRI been done? Is there swelling? If there is swelling ok thats one thing but if not..congrats EG = BD.
    Get an MRI on the knee. Figure it out. Get it done.. if he can't play well i guess he has to retire right?
    They did, there's nothing wrong.

Thread Information