Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 DRAFT

Draft 2013-2014 DRAFT

Hi everyone, Im Mac. Where do you think we will be in the next draft? I think Dell has done a great job this offseason and all we need from the draft is 1 high pick. If we fall to the late lottery I see us moving up in the draft through a package of some of those second rounders and our first. Also, who do yall want? I personally really like Shabazz Muhamed's game a lot. If he improves his shooting he could easily be our James Harden. He has a work ethic like Lebron's! Dude never leaves the gym! He will be playing UCLA and will probably be a top five draft pick. Hope we get him. BTW hes a shooting guard that could be a small forward. Great pickup if we can get him.

So how's the the SF and C crop looking like

I want Nerlens!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Small Forward is actually pretty loaded in the late lottery..

DraftExpress has about 4 players that will play SF in the NBA from #7 - #14.

Alex Poythress is my number 1 SF prospect. He's 6'8, 210lbs, with a 7'0 wingspan and is very aggressive and athletic. He's going to be heading to UK after being ranked the #13 prospect in the country. Reminds me of MKG/Moe Harkless a little.. might be a bit bigger but not quiet as fluid as Harkless but skillset wise this seems to be a good comparison from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOy6KzL-t0w

Also, Tony Mitchell from North Texas will be very interesting to see. As a freshman, he averaged 14.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 3.0 blocks per game. He shot 56.7% from the field, 43.9% from 3, and 73.9% from the FT line with a PER of 29.6. He's 6'7, 215lbs, with a 7'2 wingspan. There's not much footage on him but I was able to find this impressive video from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9no-OW5UE

As for centers, there's nobody I really love besides Cody Zeller or Rudy Gobert who we won't have a shot at.. don't see any of these guys being any better than Robin Lopez honestly and wouldn't be worth the pick. SF should definitely be our target this year; there's some good ones.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Give me Shabazz Muhammad and I'll be cool.

Yo i don't wanna be mediocre so lets get she-beez-me-he-mid
    Ballin

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I don't think we will be drafting anywhere early enough to get Shabazz or Noel. Unless injuries strike this year, I expect to be in the playoffs

A Davis/Nerlens front court would be unstoppable. No one would ever score in the paint against us. We'd have to land a top 2 pick to make this dream come true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    A Davis/Nerlens front court would be unstoppable. No one would ever score in the paint against us. We'd have to land a top 2 pick to make this dream come true though.
    I really hope this happens

I guess I'm the only one who like Steve Adams. 7'1 240lbs, can bring the ball up the court and is a capable passer. Good attitude, coachable, and he's from New Zealand! Lol
    Jrue dat

We can make a package of all ourpicks and move higher because we dont need a lot of players

This draft isn't that deep so I'm not sure teams will be willing to trade down for a few extra second rounders.

Yea but they will be future 2nd rounders. Im sure some idiot like Kahn will do that trade.

It's probably too early to discuss this, much less assume we'll get a pick that will allow us to pick one of these guys. If you had these choice, as of today, would you rather add Nerlens or Bazz?

Bazz because he we have too many bigs and bazz would be a perfect backup for gordon

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    We can make a package of all ourpicks and move higher because we dont need a lot of players
    All our picks? The only pick we have next year is our first.

It's not the NFL. 2nd round picks in the NBA are near worthless.

We won't be drafting lottery!

Don't think we will be lottery bound. I think we can sneak in playoffs simply off of Monty's ability to get his guys to focus 99% of the regular season. If there is one thing he is impressive at, it is that. We outplayed people regularly, but now we have a little more talent. Too early to say. I imagine there will be no huge FA signings only moves to acquire more picks. We will just keep accumulating best talent through draft and shift pieces as necessary.

I think we're going to end being a late lottery team (12-14) honestly.

Isaiah Austin. That way we have the most handsome front-court in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Isaiah Austin. That way we have the most handsome front-court in the league.
    and the skinniest hahaah

We dont have a second round pick next year? We only traded the Net's and Timberwolve's. And we have future ones in deeper drafts. If Dell wants to he can easily get in the high lottery.

Bazz because he we have too many bigs and bazz would be a perfect backup for gordon
    **** no he going be a SF

Makes no sense to trade up to #2 just to draft a backup...

You take Noel, hands down. Him and Davis would rule the world.

Also, don't sleep on the kid from England... Steven Adams. But Alex Len could improve with another solid year playing in America. I don't think we're in the lottery again... but that's just me.

Thread Information