Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

Eric Gordon= Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable

Eric Gordon= Drakes music

Eric Gordon= koopa turtles

Noticing the trend???
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

WTF i knew this **** would happen. That's why i wanted to trade him for some picks, then put austin rivers at the point, and suck so bad we luck into shabazz and put him at SG.
    Ballin

Eric has been out of action for a very long time and is only 23. To continue to have these problem should be a major concern given his history of missing games. Is this one report the end all be all ofcourse not. However when you start to put things together some players injury concerns even minor aren't on par with others. Gordon is the former.

I just think about his off season attitude, his injury problems, his alleged problems not being "the man" with the Clippers, and the fact that he isn't a star yet and I just fell like giving him a max deal was the wrong decision.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Looking for a decent gif for this... Ah this will do ok:

@DanielVeuleman

He apparently has a very low threshold for pain (that was the knock on him with the Clippers). I think it is part pain and part attitude. He needs to get it together.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    The New Orleans Hornets announced today that Hornets guard Eric Gordon will have limited participation in training camp due to soreness in his right knee. Eric experienced soreness in his right knee while participating in voluntary workouts with the team at the end of the summer. Gordon underwent arthroscopic surgery last season on his right knee and returned to full strength at the end of the season and during the Olympic try-outs.

“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season," General Manager Dell Demps said.
    "Taking a cautious approach" seems to be a good thing, for a player who had surgery. Soreness on a knee that had surgery should not be surprising. I hope all Hornets players stay as healthy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I'm not worried at all about Chris. He is a warrior. He will play if he is able. I can't even begin to compare the mindset of the two players.
    Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Clipper fan, but that's the truth. Chris is just stronger mentally than Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Eric has been out of action for a very long time and is only 23. To continue to have these problem should be a major concern given his history of missing games. Is this one report the end all be all ofcourse not. However when you start to put things together some players injury concerns even minor aren't on par with others. Gordon is the former.

I just think about his off season attitude, his injury problems, his alleged problems not being "the man" with the Clippers, and the fact that he isn't a star yet and I just fell like giving him a max deal was the wrong decision.
    The good news is we get him going early this year. All he has to do is play great and avg 23+ for a couple months and then in December we can trade his *** and cut our losses if necessary.

Houston, Cavs and several other teams would jump at the chance to give us a couple young players for him.

Not saying we should do this, but if he still doesn't fit right by December, we should move his ***.

This sounds like it is more of Demps' doing than it is Gordon's doing. Same with last year - EJ wanted to play, but Dell didn't let him (which I thought was smart).

You guys are jumping the gun here, IMO. As someone else pointed out, these are professional athletes, and they put their bodies through a lot. EJ's been pushing his knee hard so that he'll be 100% come the start of the season, and now he needs a little extra rest. No biggie. As soon as he misses a bunch of real games because of his knee, you guys can re-visit this thread, but as of right now, you are all freaking out for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Clipper fan, but that's the truth. Chris is just stronger mentally than Eric.
    I'm a Clipper fan AND a Hornets fan. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's okay for you to root for Chris if you love him as a player.

The good news is we get him going early this year. All he has to do is play great and avg 23+ for a couple months and then in December we can trade his *** and cut our losses if necessary.

Houston, Cavs and several other teams would jump at the chance to give us a couple young players for him.

Not saying we should do this, but if he still doesn't fit right by December, we should move his ***.
    You just said it though.

lol that ***** stay hurt

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    You just said it though.
    Well, what I meant was we should at least consider it. I think that will be enough time to apprise themselves of EJ's attitude and whether he really wants to be a part of the team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I'm a Clipper fan AND a Hornets fan. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's okay for you to root for Chris if you love him as a player.
    Then you are a Chris Paul fan not Clippers. And if you are fans of both then thats like being a blood and crip.

Gordon will be fine, when he starts to miss actual games the I'll worry.

I think those teams where in play before the offseason, but I doubt they will now. Cleveland just drafted Waiter who is very similiar in play style to Gordon and Houston has invested too much money into Lin and Asik to take on Gordon's contract. I'm sure there's a deal out there to be done but moving contracts like Gordon's is better in the offseason before teams fill up their rosters.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Gordon is a much better defender as well, and he is way more "clutch" than Gay is.
    how can Gordon be considered better than anybody when he can't stay on the court

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This sounds like it is more of Demps' doing than it is Gordon's doing. Same with last year - EJ wanted to play, but Dell didn't let him (which I thought was smart).

You guys are jumping the gun here, IMO. As someone else pointed out, these are professional athletes, and they put their bodies through a lot. EJ's been pushing his knee hard so that he'll be 100% come the start of the season, and now he needs a little extra rest. No biggie. As soon as he misses a bunch of real games because of his knee, you guys can re-visit this thread, but as of right now, you are all freaking out for nothing.
    This ^^^

I will panic is he plays less than 45 games this season.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Then you are a Chris Paul fan not Clippers. And if you are fans of both then thats like being a blood and crip
    Lol, really?

I think you should at least pick another team in your division to be your arch-rival.

Have you been a NBA fan long? Because I've been an NBA fan 30+ years. Your feelings may change on this after time. That's about all I can say about that. Even life-long, most devoted Celtics' fan Bill Simmons has Clipper's season tickets and is a clipper's fan too. It's not really an all or nothing deal man. But whatever floats your boat.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    You can't be a fan of two teams equally. That's like having two wives. You might pull for another team but you can only be emotionally invested in one.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    You can't be a fan of two teams equally. That's like having two wives. You might pull for another team but you can only be emotionally invested in one.
    So you can't be in love with two women at the same time??!? That is insane, hahaha. How old are you? Do you think every married guy that has an affair (and it's something like almost 50% of all married men) don't love their wives?

Lol, really?

I think you should at least pick another team in your division to be your arch-rival.

Have you been a NBA fan long? Because I've been an NBA fan 30+ years. Your feelings may change on this after time. That's about all I can say about that. Even life-long, most devoted Celtics' fan Bill Simmons has Clipper's season tickets and is a clipper's fan too. It's not really an all or nothing deal man. But whatever floats your boat.
    All the years I lived. And how many years you was a fan has nothing to do with making you being a complete fan of both teams equally right. My heart, passion and love is with thee Hornets but I like the Oklahoma City Thunder, mainly because I love Durant. Do I love both teams equally? No.

So you can't be in love with two women at the same time??!? That is insane, hahaha. How old are you? Do you think every married guy that has an affair (and it's something like almost 50% of all married men) don't love their wives?
    Maybe you can but till a certain extent. You may love your wife much more but still share love for the other women. Vice versa

If the Hornets play the Clippers, who are you rooting for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Thread Information