Thread: Pelicans talking with Rondo about a 1 year deal {updated - Signed}

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    As to possible centers

Speights
    Withey
    Lee
    Reed

All of them are rather cheap options.
    Some of them are combo. Assuming we will dump Alexis and Omer and clear some space
    If we trade Ajinca, I'd love to bring in Withey or Speights to be the backup 5 for cheap. We also need to either bring back Cunningham or sign someone else like Diaw that can stretch the floor. There's quite a few guys available that I'd love to add, we just need some cap space. I think it's very likely we stretch Ask in the next week, to free up space for us to resign Cunningham and add a few shooters to round out the roster.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Jake goes to more practices and covers more games than any TBW writer with credentials. Andrew is at almost all the games with credentials. 42 and I are based out of here as well. Even still proximity has virtually nothing to do with these guys ability to get sources or watch games or access info.
    That's cool. What about the other ones? The one that has LOADS of "inside information" all of the time from the beautiful mountain state of Utah & demeans, delegitimization & verbally assaults those that disagree with his POV? That "Inside Info" has been 100% not correct this summer. Or the other ones that keep posting & retweeting political garbage on the Pelicansreport website! It seems as though the actual hard leg journos, doing the work, on the ground are the most grounded in what they do. Usually the case. For the few who are actually walking the beat, I appreciate you immensely. It's unfortunate that most of the SOUND comes from the others.

Pels fans: "This move sucks, fire Demps fire Gentry" - totally fine
    Writers: "This signing isn't great because the player hasn't been good in years and all the information available on the player points to the player not being good" - they never like anything we do.

Also it's not like you see TBW writers praising this signing either. You seen Fisher's timeline?
    Fisher has gotten ridiculous lately. We could sign Lebron and he would have a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Fisher has gotten ridiculous lately. We could sign Lebron and he would have a complaint.
    Kumar, you generalize Pels Fans. Most posters on this site are OK with Rondo signing. BTW- Fisher vs MM in a verbal cage match is a goldmine. Nobody would know who to cheer for. In 2015 Rondo was 12-6-12 Ina bad team. I don't equate that to being bad.

Nobody would be able to cheer. It would be like a black hole of emo rawrXD was unleashed upon the audience.

Could we somehow get Taker and Buckwheat into that depressive troll battle royale?

Buuuuut yeah. I'm excited. So whatever. Really nothing else we can do until we see the team start playing. I think the pessimists are wrong.....but nothing we type matters. It's what goes down on the court.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Guess what site MM posts on
    MM is the only one FOR rondo

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    MM is the only one FOR rondo

Actually Im probably incorrect about this, but my post was more for defrnding MM slander than throwing shade at other BSS guys... and trust me i never thought id see the day id be defending mm

Jake Madison is much much much better than TBW podcast. He actually has good analysis. And seems like he actually knows what's going on.
    Last edited by deiondeion; 07-16-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Long time lurker, haven't seen this interview with Big Baby talking about Chris Paul/Rondo posted on here.

Rondo talk starts at 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9DeSfZDn4

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    Jake Madison is much much much better than TBW podcast. He actually has good analysis. And seems like he actually knows what's going on.
    I like this deiondeion guy.

Quote Originally Posted by eroc504 View Post
    Long time lurker, haven't seen this interview with Big Baby talking about Chris Paul/Rondo posted on here.

Rondo talk starts at 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9DeSfZDn4
    Very telling stories by Big Baby being that he played with both of them. I've always felt CPME was a sham
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    That's cool. What about the other ones? The one that has LOADS of "inside information" all of the time from the beautiful mountain state of Utah & demeans, delegitimization & verbally assaults those that disagree with his POV? That "Inside Info" has been 100% not correct this summer. Or the other ones that keep posting & retweeting political garbage on the Pelicansreport website! It seems as though the actual hard leg journos, doing the work, on the ground are the most grounded in what they do. Usually the case. For the few who are actually walking the beat, I appreciate you immensely. It's unfortunate that most of the SOUND comes from the others.
    1) If you don't like to to follow people who tweet about Politcs, don't follow them. You don't pay us to tweet.
    2) Just because the plans Mac has relayed to you all haven't panned out doesn't mean they weren't true at the time. And secondly that has nothing to do with his ability as a writer. He and long with everyone else at BSS and TBW provide a service to y'all for FREE. Writers do their research so lazy fans can be informed.
    3) BSS and TBW aren't news outlets. Journalism isn't their job. They aren't working the beat. They provide analysis and insight through hours of research that others are unwilling to do. If you don't want to appreciate it, don't read it. Better yet, make your own.

Kumar, you generalize Pels Fans. Most posters on this site are OK with Rondo signing. BTW- Fisher vs MM in a verbal cage match is a goldmine. Nobody would know who to cheer for. In 2015 Rondo was 12-6-12 Ina bad team. I don't equate that to being bad.
    And you generalize writers. Anybody can look up Rondo's stats on basketball reference like you just did. Very few actually put for the effort into finding the context behind them. Even fewer seek out writers from previous teams and get their opinions on them. It's absolutely lazy of you to criticize writers for not being fans of Rondo without putting forth the effort to see why they aren't? What do we get by not being fans? Do we not want the team to succeed? It's one thing if a player has one bad year but have had 5 great ones recently and someone dismisses them. It's totally another thing in Rondo's case where he has not been a positive player since 2012. Boston was a bottom 3 team who made the playoffs the same year they got rid of Rondo. He clashed with Rick Carlisle of all people. In Sacramento he actively gave up open layups and shots to hunt assists, or would dribble the ball and toss someone a grenade. He hasn't been a good defender since his injury - and even the coaching staff thinks that. These are all objective facts. If you choose to ignore them, that's on you. But don't get pissy when people who have done their homework disagree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaJake View Post
    I like this deiondeion guy.
    Got that first post out of the way. Now get back to casting, I've got a lot of driving to do. Lol

Just kidding, I enjoy the pods too. Great job. If I had a suggestion, get some more guests if you can. Breaks up the monotony.

BRING ON DA RAJON CAJUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

1) If you don't like to to follow people who tweet about Politcs, don't follow them. You don't pay us to tweet.
    2) Just because the plans Mac has relayed to you all haven't panned out doesn't mean they weren't true at the time. And secondly that has nothing to do with his ability as a writer. He and long with everyone else at BSS and TBW provide a service to y'all for FREE. Writers do their research so lazy fans can be informed.
    3) BSS and TBW aren't news outlets. Journalism isn't their job. They aren't working the beat. They provide analysis and insight through hours of research that others are unwilling to do. If you don't want to appreciate it, don't read it. Better yet, make your own.

And you generalize writers. Anybody can look up Rondo's stats on basketball reference like you just did. Very few actually put for the effort into finding the context behind them. Even fewer seek out writers from previous teams and get their opinions on them. It's absolutely lazy of you to criticize writers for not being fans of Rondo without putting forth the effort to see why they aren't? What do we get by not being fans? Do we not want the team to succeed? It's one thing if a player has one bad year but have had 5 great ones recently and someone dismisses them. It's totally another thing in Rondo's case where he has not been a positive player since 2012. Boston was a bottom 3 team who made the playoffs the same year they got rid of Rondo. He clashed with Rick Carlisle of all people. In Sacramento he actively gave up open layups and shots to hunt assists, or would dribble the ball and toss someone a grenade. He hasn't been a good defender since his injury - and even the coaching staff thinks that. These are all objective facts. If you choose to ignore them, that's on you. But don't get pissy when people who have done their homework disagree.
    Trust me, I don't follow any BBS folks on Twitter. I have been on the Pelicansforum for 6 years For BASKETBALL banter. Not to see political pablum every time I click on the site. I have ZERO problems w/ opinion writers who have opinions & allow opposing opinions to be discussed. A few folks at BBS have this inwarranted aura of "if someone disagrees with them, then they are stupid". Hey, you guys offer a great service & for those who follow you, Great! Your knowledge of $$$$$ in NBA is fabulous . Doesn't mean that any of you have earned the right to stake claim of "Gurus of all things NBA" & anyone that doesn't agree is ignorant of the game. Keep doing what your doing. Great service to Pels fans. But maybe w/out the condescending attitude towards those that don't agree w/ your POV (note: YOUR is non specific . Godspeed.

Basketball Guru
    somewhere MM is LHAO.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    somewhere MM is LHAO.....
    And maybe, just maybe, somewhere somebody cares! Lololol

Basketball Guru
    And maybe, just maybe, somewhere somebody cares! Lololol
    im with you on the condescending attitude,, know it all,,,everything is gospel......it just comedy to me now...

Not to see political pablum every time I click on the site.
    Please. Scrolling past links that don't even contain their entire posts is just as easy as scrolling past "Don't switch on me, I got big plans." (I'm totally rooting for Quincy Pondexter, btw.)

Everybody on this site needs to relax! This whole site has become just a bunch of people complaining about one thing or another. This guy thinks to highly of himself, that person is not an insider, boy I wish there were more insiders, he lives to far away, man if there was just some news, any news. I am really getting tired of it all (yeah I know, don't read it if you don't like it.)

The guys at BSS have a website that does a great job reporting on the Pelicans, they have had watch parties at Tracy's so they could meet their readers and enjoy a game with fellow fans ( I attended once), they do this because they choose to. If you disagree with something you read, ok, you have that right, but there is no reason to attack people over it. Please read what they have to offer, form an opinion and discuss said opinion with intelligence and civility. We all owe BSS and the Bird Writes a thank you for giving us so much free information that allows us to be so informed about this team.

As for the team, everyone seems torn on Rajon Rondo. To me the reason for this signing is pretty simple. The Pelicans acquired Boogie Cousins from the Kings for pennies on the dollar partly because he had worn out his welcome in Sacramento. As a small market team they had to take the chance on the man's talent and hope for the best. Same thing applies to Rondo, everyone knows about his problems with coaches and selfish play, but again at a probable discounted rate Rondo's talent cant be ignored. Is he the perfect fit, no one knows yet, but we do know he is the ONE who agreed to come to New Orleans even if his choices were limited by his past outbursts. These guys may be flawed, but the small market Pelicans now have 4 former all-stars on their roster, and a chance to compete.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Hopefully Rondo makes all the HATERS eat there WORDS. Let's root for the guy maybe the coach's know something all of us don't.
    If we were the GM we could probably be the worst in sports

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm pretty optimistic about the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Very telling stories by Big Baby being that he played with both of them. I've always felt CPME was a sham
    Big baby has always been bitter
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic about the signing.
    I hope everyone is at this point since it's already agreed upon. At least to try to be optimistic it will work.

My opinion is much the same as it was the other day: Rondo is a 1 year deal that can hold down a starting guard position for us while we look for a long term answer. We didn't give up assets and we retained much of the flexibility we had before agreeing to terms with Rondo. I like other players better and I'd much rather have Bledsoe but if signing Rondo means we aren't desperate to make a move then it's worth it.

As far as his personality goes, I fully believe Cousins and AD will keep him in check. I also think Rondo himself will be very willing to keep himself in check because he is playing with Cousins and AD.

[QUOTE=Tinman;1428532]Trust me, I don't follow any BBS folks on Twitter. I have been on the Pelicansforum for 6 years For BASKETBALL banter. Not to see political pablum every time I click on the site.

100% agree. Less than half of the "writers" tweets listed on Pelicans Report are now basketball-related. I bet I'm not the only season ticket holder who disagrees with the completely liberal slant on this forum, and I certainly could find plenty of political sites to visit if that's what I were seeking. Instead, what I want is concentrated information and opinions about my Pelicans team, without the political baggage to wade through. Express your uniformly unique opinions about politics in a more appropriate forum, please.....

Thread Information