Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

I think we should pick up Matt Barnes while we're at it. Tough, experienced vet.

Casspi is underrated in all this. He's worth 15-20 mins per game. Hustles and bustles. Homie balls out without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    I think we should pick up Matt Barnes while we're at it. Tough, experienced vet.

Casspi is underrated in all this. He's worth 15-20 mins per game. Hustles and bustles. Homie balls out without doubt.
    Matt Barnes should not be an option and I doubt he is being considered to be signed here. He helped get DeMarcus get in a well publicized bar fight just a few months ago, and charges are still being processed. He's exactly the kind of player/vet you don't want around Cousins or this young, high character team. And he's not that good at basketball to make it worth it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Great video. I'm pumped. Let's get CP3 and take this team to the promise land. You never know... if we make the playoffs and give the warriors hell I think we could get CP3. I'm optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Great video. I'm pumped. Let's get CP3 and take this team to the promise land. You never know... if we make the playoffs and give the warriors hell I think we could get CP3. I'm optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NOPE, dont you remember CP3's tweet when the Pelicans name was released.

Didnt he say something along the lines of he wasnt feeling it
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Very humble guy

Good on him. Hopefully he feels that way about NOLA while he is there

How about Gary Payton II?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If I had to pick two guys out of that bunch, it would be Quinn Cook and Hollis Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by PortPelican View Post
    If I had to pick two guys out of that bunch, it would be Quinn Cook and Hollis Thompson.
    Please let it be Hollis Thompson.
    I think he can be a very good player.

What about Allen Crabbe?

Portland's trying to save money and/or acquire picks.

Asik, Qpon, T-Jones, protected 2nd for Crabbe works.

Portland saves a little over $30 million and get a pick. We get our SG for the future. I think that's fair for both team.

Jrue/Crabbe/Hill/AD/Boogie that's a young athletic starting 5 that can grow together. All 26 and under.

GP II can't hit open shot right now, which ends discussion right now.

I don't understand, why no one has called up Marcus Georges-Hunt from Celtics NBADL affiliate (well, Heat did called him for a week, but with their abundance of young wings on contracts he didn't have much of a chance): 22 y.o. rookie (will turn 23 in March), fairly athletic 6'5", 220 pounds with 6'9" wingspan and 8'6" reach, so he's a legitimate swingman, capable of playing both spots; .397 on 4.1 3pt and .861 on 4.3 FTA per game, so he's a legit shooter, though percentages drop with transition to NBA, but then again Quinn Cook, who is considered one of the best shooters in D-league only has .366 on 6.4 attempts from 3; averages 4.2 ast./1.9 TOs, so he moves the ball very well (had 22p-10r-13a TD), defense is average, but he works on that end, so with his tools he can't be worse than Quinn Cook at 6'2", 180 and only 8' reach or known defensive sieves Reggie Williams/Thompson Hollis.

Chalmers is obviously a player of different caliber, who you take him over other available FAs, if he's fully back from the injury.

@JarretJack03
    Ready to go now everything finally healed ready to get back to work.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jarrettjack03/st...758195200?s=09

Jarrett Jack anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What about Allen Crabbe?

Portland's trying to save money and/or acquire picks.

Asik, Qpon, T-Jones, protected 2nd for Crabbe works.

Portland saves a little over $30 million and get a pick. We get our SG for the future. I think that's fair for both team.

Jrue/Crabbe/Hill/AD/Boogie that's a young athletic starting 5 that can grow together. All 26 and under.
    For a wing Crabbe is a bad rebounder and passer, and with him on the floor Portland is worst defensive team in the league. Without him they are in the early 20s on D. And that's his defense mostly against bench units. Crabbe is a damn good shooter, but if we are talking about tall players, who can really shoot, but do nothing else, Reggie Williams and Hollis Thompson are available for min.salary.

CP would have no choice but to come back with J Jack in the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    @JarretJack03
    Ready to go now everything finally healed ready to get back to work.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jarrettjack03/st...758195200?s=09

Jarrett Jack anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    So is it even possible for us to land pg13 next offseason?
    According to Mason at BSS we could have roughly ~30m in cap space this summer by trading Ajinca, stretching, Asik, if D.C. Opts out, and a couple of other things.

So, it looks like our time to add another huge piece would be THIS summer before Jrue's deal hits. I don't think we can get PG because we will be capped out by then. But we CAN bring in someone this summer. Now who is the question. . .

You can have Boogie, you can have CP3, but you can't have both.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/watc...ris-pauls-head
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

People still holding out hope that CP3 will return, huh?

According to Mason at BSS we could have roughly ~30m in cap space this summer by trading Ajinca, stretching, Asik, if D.C. Opts out, and a couple of other things.

So, it looks like our time to add another huge piece would be THIS summer before Jrue's deal hits. I don't think we can get PG because we will be capped out by then. But we CAN bring in someone this summer. Now who is the question. . .
    Without looking at the details, the only way I can see that happening is if we renounce Jrue as he will have a cap hold of over $16 million.

You don't pay Jrue the max. You let someone else pay him the max, but you don't become that dope. If you will be giving a max to Boogie at some point, and you already have AD up for a max, throwing funny money at Jrue is foolhardy. If you want to give a 3rd big deal give it to someone who is a top tier player.

I'd rather hand the keys to Tim Frazier before I pay Jrue max. Either Frazier or Moore. Just me.

Thinf about that is pg13 isnt a free agent til next summer.

Yeah 30 mill for jrue is hard to swallow i'd be trying to trade him right now.

Who are the top SG's and SF's on the FA market this summer? Who would be the best fit for what we need?

Thread Information