Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If we trade up to #7.....(What If Scenario)

If we trade up to #7.....(What If Scenario)

I was scrolling down the comments for the latest Hornets247 post, and Michael McNamara proposed an interesting question. I wanted to know what you guys think.

Basically he bought up a possible trade with Golden State:

Ariza and #10 for Richard Jefferson, #7 and either #30 or #35.

Now, say the draft goes like this:

1. Davis
    2. MKG
    3. Beal
    4. Barnes
    5. Henson
    6. Lillard
    7. ?????

Question: "At 7, you have Robinson and Drummond sitting there. Do you trade up, and if so, which one do you take?"

What do you guys think of his scenario? Would you make this trade, and which player would you take?
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 06-13-2012 at 01:49 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If Robinson is there, you take him and laugh all the way to the bank.

The thing that stood out to me personally is how Michael had the Kings taking Henson over Robinson. I don't see that happening. Drummond, on the other hand, seems more and more likely to fall to at least 6, if not further.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    The thing that stood out to me personally is how Michael had the Kings taking Henson over Robinson. I don't see that happening. Drummond, on the other hand, seems more and more likely to fall to at least 6, if not further.
    I think they have a similar player in Whiteside. I would be shocked if they passed on both Drummond and Robinson if they were available.

tRob, no questions asked, and if tRob went instead of henson then u take drummond

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    If Robinson is there, you take him and laugh all the way to the bank.
    we agree on this one!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Can anyone tell me why Henson is rated so highly on draft boards? Out of all the threads I read on this forum, I've NEVER seen one dedicated to this guy.

It is absolutely ludicrous to take Henson at 5 while Robinson is still on the board. Landing him would be an utter robbery. Drummond on the other hand has a good shot of making it to 7, and if he does you have to take him. Has a good chance of being a relative bust, but also has perhaps the highest ceiling in the draft outside of Davis. You have to.

Lol but Davis and TRob have beef

Robinson will go Top 3.

Bookmark this post.

Neither because GS won't make that trade.

And yeah, TRob won't be there at 7 too. You trade up to 7 to take either Drummond or Lillard depending on the Blazers ... but as I said I don't see GS agreeing to that trade anyway. If they do though ... I'm good for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Neither because GS won't make that trade.
    Yeah it's not realistic IMO, especially if you expect them to tack on an extra pick. They save 4 mil over the next couple years and get a slight upgrade in talent, but I get the sense that moving up 3 spots this high in the draft should cost more. Would be great to pull it off though...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    there is no way robinson falls to 7, i personally think he is the 2nd best player n the draft. cant see him falling past 5.

Even though I really want Drummond, the pick there is T-Rob.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

Dude, if that happens... T-Rob and you have the coup of the draft and easily the best draft of the last decade.

And then you fall back w/ DRummond. Absolutely you trade up.

I just don't understand the fascination with Drummond....I mean yeah he has the athletic ability and body but dude has no heart whatsoever from what I watched during the NCAA season. He gives me that Darko Milicic/Michael Olowokandi chill down my spine.......I just cant shake it no matter how much some people try to hype him up. Feel the same way about PJIII too....

This may sound crazy but what if the Hornets make 2 trades 1st with GS & 2nd with iPortland

NOH trade Ariza & 10th to GS for the 7th and Dorrell Wright. With the 7th pick Hornets take Drummond
    GS picks Sullinger with 10th pick
    Portland trades 11th pick to NOH for Okafor, Dorrell Wright & Greivis Vasquez. With the pick The Hornets select Austin Rivers.

Hornets end Draft night with Davis, Drummond & Rivers

I wanna keep Ariza now. We need someone to guard Durant.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

you take robinson without a doubt in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by rash73 View Post
    This may sound crazy but what if the Hornets make 2 trades 1st with GS & 2nd with iPortland

NOH trade Ariza & 10th to GS for the 7th and Dorrell Wright. With the 7th pick Hornets take Drummond
    GS picks Sullinger with 10th pick
    Portland trades 11th pick to NOH for Okafor, Dorrell Wright & Greivis Vasquez. With the pick The Hornets select Austin Rivers.

Hornets end Draft night with Davis, Drummond & Rivers
    So you think we will draft Davis, Drummond, and Rivers, shed the salaries of Okafor and Ariza without taking any contracts back, and the only casualty will be Vasquez?

I'll have whatever you're having. It must be strong.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I've never come close to seeing Henson jumping to 5. However, Drummond should still be there, so that would be interesting. Trade isn't realistic though so...
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I just don't understand the fascination with Drummond....I mean yeah he has the athletic ability and body but dude has no heart whatsoever from what I watched during the NCAA season. He gives me that Darko Milicic/Michael Olowokandi chill down my spine.......I just cant shake it no matter how much some people try to hype him up. Feel the same way about PJIII too....
    Me either... I asked the question the other day and I got some solid replies, but I'd just have to hope for the best if we take him in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Underrated post.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Why? It's not like we will actually be competing with the Thunder within the next two years left on Ariza's contract. However I want to keep him because if someone else takes on his contract we probably lose value (trade down some in draft)

I feel like Aminu can be that guy in a year or 2.

Thread Information