Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watching game without cable?

Watching game without cable?

Is there a way to watch the game without cable legally? My boss is a HUGE (season floor seats... every year) Pelicans fan, but he is an elderly man. He has our local cable provider for TV and they do not broadcast away games for whatever reason. He doesn't want satellite because of the few events it goes out. I was going to subscribe him to League Pass, but it says it's blacked out in our area. I can get him a Roku or the likes and put the Fox Sports GO app with my login, but I am wanting to see about putting him standalone if possible.

I’ve been watching games online via Reddit links, or watching them on Sling TV via Amazon firestick.
    RIP FlyGirl

So Sling does carry it... I was looking on their website and was having difficulty verifying that they carried all the games. Their chat is just some AI bull******** that ends up at dead ends. I am trying to make this as easy as possible since he isn't techie.

We are looking at just doing DirecTV Now. Looks like it will work best.

Watching game without cable?

Directv Now does NOT carry the games this season. The only online stream option currently that does, legally, thst I'm aware of is FuboTV (edit: Seems Sling TV and Playstation Vue do as well).

They have a Roku app as well as far as I’m aware.

(edit: Sling seems to still have FSNO so they are an option too) SlingTV carried the games last year but at some point removed Fox Sports New Orleans during the summer. I talked to online support about it a couple weeks ago. I’m not sure if DirecTV Now ever had Fox Sports NO but they definitely don’t have it now. I did a trial with them for 2 months and they don’t carry any Pels game.

I ended up going with a “grey area” solution where I paid for NBA League Pass through their world subscription by using a VPN. It’s absolutely stupid the hoops you have to go through to try and legally give a company money to watch your team.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-24-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    SlingTV and Directv Now do NOT carry the games this season. The only online stream option currently that does, legally, is FuboTV.
    PlayStation Vue carries the Pels, it's what I use.

Sling helps if they just happen to be showing the Pels on pretty much ESPN, TNT, or NBATV. Sorry I didn’t clarify.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    PlayStation Vue is the best. Cable and satellite is a rip off.

Dishnetwork carries foxsportsNOLA

You can ask for their welcome package which is $20 month which includes locals such as ch 4, 6. 8, 12, 26, 38. might cost an additional for FSNO. not sure, I don't use that package.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Guys, I have sling and watch the Pelicans games just fine. Sling has numerous fox broadcasts, including fox sports NO. It is absolutely on there.

Here is an article that shows it:

http://help.sling.com/articles/en_US...-Sling-TV-work

I watch it on NBA league pass.

Agree with others that PlayStation Vue is the way to go! I have no problems watching the Pels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Thanks for linking it. I talked with Sling TV customer service maybe 2 weeks ago right before the season starts and they told me they didn't carry Fox Sports NO.

Seems customer service didnt know. I'm not shocked.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    PlayStation Vue carries the Pels, it's what I use.
    I can't get Vue in my area so couldn't try them. Thanks!

I watch on Sling also, they carry fox sports southwest and all its alternates.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

My buddy has direcTV. His FoxSportsGo app that his direcTV account gives him free access to did not carry the games last year but has had every game so far this season.

I've seen all three games at great quality on it.

So yeah. I couldn't get FSNO on it last season but get it this season.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-24-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thanks for linking it. I talked with Sling TV customer service maybe 2 weeks ago right before the season starts and they told me they didn't carry Fox Sports NO.

Seems customer service didnt know. I'm not shocked.
    Obviously it was a major concern for me when I got rid of Cox. I did the trial once basketball season had started. So without paying, you can certainly be sure it's on there if you just try during a game.

It works great. My only complaint if I had one was that it's delayed. You don't want to have stats up on your phone, or you may see the results of multiple plays before it happens on the tv. Can be frustrating for someone like me trying to check stats or other scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    My buddy has direcTV. His FoxSportsGo app that his direcTV account gives him free access to did not carry the games last year but has had every game so far this season.

I've seen all three games at great quality on it.

So yeah. I couldn't get FSNO on it last season but get it this season.
    That's interesting and also extremely stupid. So direcTV Now doesn't carry FSNO through their app but if you download another app and use your direcTV log in then that app will give you access?

Geez.

Don't jinx me, bro! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Don't jinx me, bro! Lol
    Nah man, rock it out. I hope it works all season.

You have to get Sling Blue and live in the area. The main channel feed is Fox Sports Southwest but Fox Sports New Orleans will be in one of the alternate feeds.

Also, your Sling login will work with Fox Sports Go and you can watch it through their app too.

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    You have to get Sling Blue and live in the area. The main channel feed is Fox Sports Southwest but Fox Sports New Orleans will be in one of the alternate feeds.

Also, your Sling login will work with Fox Sports Go and you can watch it through their app too.
    Isn’t Sling Blue the ESPN package not the Fox Sports one?

Isn’t Sling Blue the ESPN package not the Fox Sports one?
    Orange has ESPN channels for $20 a month.

Blue has Fox and NBC Sports channels for $25 a month.

Our family are Pels fans and Soccer fans, so it was an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Orange has ESPN channels for $20 a month.

Blue has Fox and NBC Sports channels for $25 a month.

Our family are Pels fans and Soccer fans, so it was an easy choice.
    Thanks. Same for me. Plus most football is on antenna anyway.

Thread Information