Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

I'll worry when he starts missing actual games.
    I do think Hornets med staff should get it checked out cause remember the initial problem started off as "soreness"...turned out he needed surgery. Perhaps it wasnt fully "cleaned up"?

Speaking of Medical Staff.... Can we get a new one?

Whenever the org feels they need to do that, then I'll have no choice but to go with it. I'm certainly not going to sit here and mope about it.

And if people want to hold out hope for him then that's their choice. I'm not going to sit here and try to make them feel stupid or tear them down for doing so.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. No swelling is a good sign. (i aint no doctor mind you)
    I just really hope he aint pulling a B.D. on us...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Well that doesn't sound too bad. No swelling is a good sign. (i aint no doctor mind you)
    I just really hope he aint pulling a B.D. on us...
    And if he is I have no doubt that Demps and Loomis will deal with it.

I would worry about it if I were you guys.. I am worried.

I have watched EJ since he was a rookie and his biggest flaw by FAR is that he can't play through any pain whatsoever. He is literally like the exact opposite of Kobe Bryant in that way. And the thing is as you get older, you just get more and more pain. Trying to play without pain in the NBA sounds like a bit of a joke actually. So I don't know if he will ever man up or what, but it is going to be rough on us fans. I'm just hoping he plays 60+ games this season.

This is a FULL 82 game season. There is no need to rush anything.

Like the articles state, it will limit him early in camp. Both EJ and Monty have stated they aren't worried. EJ explained that the soreness is from building up the strength in the knee by getting in shape during his own workouts and the voluntary workouts with the team over the last few months.

For anyone that has played sports outside of a junior varsity team, there is always a period when your body hurts from the first few weeks of conditioning and workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I would worry about it if I were you guys.. I am worried.

I have watched EJ since he was a rookie and his biggest flaw by FAR is that he can't play through any pain whatsoever. He is literally like the exact opposite of Kobe Bryant in that way. And the thing is as you get older, you just get more and more pain. Trying to play without pain in the NBA sounds like a bit of a joke actually. So I don't know if he will ever man up or what, but it is going to be rough on us fans. I'm just hoping he plays 60+ games this season.
    How worried are you about Chris Paul taking it easy in training camp because of the surgery he had on his thumb?

If you wanna worry, fine, but....

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    If this was Madden, Eric Gordon would have the Toughness rating of 1.

But it's not, it's real life.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I agree 100%.

And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

I'm concerned about Gordon's knee. He's a big part of the team and his scoring can't be replaced.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Sometimes i wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I agree 100%.
    It's not even Madden and he still seems to have a Toughness rating of 1. LOL.

Whatever. For now, this just means we're likely to see more of Rivers in training camp/pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Sometimes i wonder...
    So funny. That kid was hilarious.

It's not about overreacting or underreacting. In 10 years, we will know the truth of whether or not he will (was) forever an injury prone player. Nobody here knows that for fact now, but I am just curious as to what needs to occur for those of you who are on the "I'm not worried, he will be fine by regular season and his past injuries are random, not reoccuring" to shift to the "Okay, this guy will go through this every year for the rest of his career; time to move on." mindset.

Obviously I am in the latter, so I will go first. For me to shift to the former, it would take 70+ games played for 3 out of the next 4 seasons for me to shift and want him back after this contract is up. I just dont believe he can stay healthy and when a team has a star player in and out of the lineup, it just messes up any chance a team has of building chemistry. So I would trade him for an inferior player who could stay healthy personally, but I will change my mind if he plays 70+
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Okay, then let me reframe my question:

At what point would you be willing to accept the Hornets moving on and taking back lesser talent, but talent that actually plays? Obviously Eric Gordon is superior to Danny Granger and Rudy Gay, with a more friendly contract, but how many more injuries would have to occur before you would be okay with the Hornets moving him for a player like that?

Going back to the Oden situatuion- he was a player with far more upside and a more reasonable contract than Emeka Okafor's, but who would you have rather had from 08 through 2011?

First I strongly disagree about Gordon being superior to Rudy Gay.

Second I agree with you and we should have shipped him sooner. You just can't give a guy that kind of money with all the questions he had at the time. Poor decision that hopefully doesn't cost us to have to completely destroy this teams future.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.

And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

Gordon's a more efficient scorer than Gay. Gay isn't really that good. He takes a ton of shots, but doesn't score efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Gordon's a more efficient scorer than Gay. Gay isn't really that good. He takes a ton of shots, but doesn't score efficiently.
    Gordon is a much better defender as well, and he is way more "clutch" than Gay is.

Every incident worries me more, esp since we ust signed him to a max contract... For it to not raise one's brows (get it?) everytime you hear about it is questionable. I kind of expect 60 games per year from him, and if he produces at a 23ish ppg rate I can deal with it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Gordon is a much better defender as well, and he is way more "clutch" than Gay is.
    We've argued over this before, but imo I don't think Gordon's ever been in a clutch situation.

How worried are you about Chris Paul taking it easy in training camp because of the surgery he had on his thumb?

If you wanna worry, fine, but....

I'm not worried at all about Chris. He is a warrior. He will play if he is able. I can't even begin to compare the mindset of the two players.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I'm not worried at all about Chris. He is a warrior. He will play if he is able. I can't even begin to compare the mindset of the two players.
    Yeah, totally different mindsets and you know what you're going to get so why worry? If he can play, fine. If he can't and the FO think they need to move him, then they'll try to do it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not worried, annoyed is more like it.

Yeah, totally different mindsets and you know what you're going to get so why worry? If he can play, fine. If he can't and the FO think they need to move him, then they'll try to do it.

Don't get me wrong. I think Eric is a great player and we do "know what we are getting" with him. It would just be nice to see him be healthy from the start after an unhealthy season last year. Eric's health is my primary worry about him, actually. Once he's on the court, he's terrific.

Thread Information