Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

Too bad Rivers' good game couldn't result in a win.

Re: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

The passing lane often isn't open for our guys to get it to Davis. I don't know if the other team is scheming to take it away from us or if our guys just aren't creating the proper seperation. Then there is also the fact that our guys just don't see when he does actually get open and the lane in their. A multi-faceted problem, it is.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Why are we fouling down 11 with 8 secs left.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Well when he gets the ball in the post twice a game, how will we ever truly know?

Also look at Pek, if you feed the ball in the right areas you can score at any time.
    exactly....he doesn't get the ball enough to judge his post game and thats why I just smh at that comment

15/17/5 and you're -12. There's something wrong with that picture.

Gravy had 17 assists?

Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

27 points and and two assists, ill take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The passing lane often isn't open for our guys to get it to Davis. I don't know if the other team is scheming to take it away from us or if our guys just aren't creating the proper seperation. Then there is also the fact that our guys just don't see when he does actually get open and the lane in their. A multi-faceted problem, it is.

I have seen SOOOO MANY missed oppurtunities with davis practically flailing his arms at the man with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

I think it is because our guards can't get around the second defender, so they get trapped almost 100% of the time. If we had a G that could split the trap or get around it, Davis would be receiving a lot more passes, but our Guards are slow.

I know y'all hate Aminu but when he's not out there the other team gets all the rebounds. He doesn't score but he does everything else.

The Franchise
    Rivers seems to get a lot of hockey assists
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    not really, NO lost by 11 and Vasquez played all but 5 mins

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    It is pretty ridiculous!!!! Some blame needs to be assigned to the coach as well!! Don't tell nobody else on here that cause if u aint praisin monty then u must be irrational and dillusional.
    Heh. You only get called irrational when you threaten to punch Monty in the face for drawing up things that happen after plays get broken, guy. So you know...when you're being irrational.

If there was ever a need for someone's numbers to be called empty. Then this would be a great time for that saying.

Nice game for rivers. Gettin that confidence

Really Starting to question if Monty knows what he is doing? We have no imagination on offense, none! Monty preaches and works on defense the most yet we are not a very good defensive team. I question these crazy rotations that Monty puts on the floor at times and he will wait for us to go down at least 10pts before calling a time out to make a change. While I understand we don't have the skill level of most teams these are basic coaching decisions that has me troubled with what Monty is doing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I know y'all hate Aminu but when he's not out there the other team gets all the rebounds. He doesn't score but he does everything else.
    Doesn't defend 3s either. But he does rebound well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    Nice game for rivers. Gettin that confidence
    next time maybe it will be for the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    not really, NO lost by 11 and Vasquez played all but 5 mins
    With stats like that, there is NO reason to be in the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Heh. You only get called irrational when you threaten to punch Monty in the face for drawing up things that happen after plays get broken, guy. So you know...when you're being irrational.
    hahahaha I know that was very irrational but it was also just a joke....but I wasnt referencing your irrational comment for this one. Believe it or not I've gotten that word thrown my way more than once!!!! hahahaha It's all good tho cause it is all love around here cause we are all in this thing for the same result.

Yea everytime aminu is in we give up 80476 3pt shots

With stats like that, there is NO reason to be in the negative.
    I don't understand. If Vasquez played a 20/20/20 game and played a full 48 mins, and the Hornets lost by 10 there is no way he should be at -10?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    Really Starting to question if Monty knows what he is doing? We have no imagination on offense, none! Monty preaches and works on defense the most yet we are not a very good defensive team. I question these crazy rotations that Monty puts on the floor at times and he will wait for us to go down at least 10pts before calling a time out to make a change. While I understand we don't have the skill level of most teams these are basic coaching decisions that has me troubled with what Monty is doing.
    What I been saying for a while now also. I think the man is very hard headed and stuck in his ways. The way he refuses to change the lineup until disaster strikes makes me think that.

I have to admit... I love Monty, but if the Offense is going to stay this stale, our defense better be lights out like last year.

Davis needs to pick it up on the defensive end. He's not blocking out at all, and he should never fall for a pump fake with his length.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    I've been doing it all week. Not here but to myself I have. I know he just got a new contract but come on.

Thread Information