Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: This Team Looks Done

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I recall being mocked by all involved when I addressed that LONGGG Hot mess of a the title post. AD found his footing & you are just a PROPHET, Myth! Well, probably NOT, but nice call !
    I think everyone knew AD had the potential to play like he has over the last 6, the problem has always been AD was too selfless to show it. His attitude change has been a huge part in him putting up insane numbers. I'm glad he got his head on straight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guess what. This team is not done. In fact, we are seeing a new team emerge that has grit and if we keep winning and beat teams like rockets and Boston then I’m not ruling anything out. Get the 3rd seed. Jrue has really surprised me. He’s playing like a superstar and I am ok recognizing him as one of the best guards in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Context is key.
    If by context you mean admitting you were wrong about AD and learning from your mistakes in rushing to judgement, then yes context is key.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    If by context you mean admitting you were wrong about AD and learning from your mistakes in rushing to judgement, then yes context is key.
    Ad was playing like crap like he just gave up just bc he's playing now like we knew he could doesn't change the fact he was playing like garbage

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Ad was playing like crap like he just gave up just bc he's playing now like we knew he could doesn't change the fact he was playing like garbage

it's true... he was totally shell shocked... weren't we all... DC was a major blow. I honestly had started believing AD wasn't capable of being the great player that DC is (playing emotionally and as a leader etc...)... but he's come around, and proven us all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    it's true... he was totally shell shocked... weren't we all... DC was a major blow. I honestly had started believing AD wasn't capable of being the great player that DC is (playing emotionally and as a leader etc...)... but he's come around, and proven us all wrong.
    I didn't honestly didn't think so either but he Def proving me wrong lol

Hey, the first line of post was "I hope this is an overreaction to a bad stretch of games." So it was and I'm very happy to admit it. Looking back at the descriptors I used--"listless," "sleep walkers," "pouting"--that's exactly what they looked like in the stretch following Cousins' injury. I also said what I expected was for Davis, who looked particularly disinterested, to show he had arrived as a true superstar player and carry the team the way a LeBron or Westbrook would carry their teams. Ask and you shall receive! That is exactly what Davis has done and I couldn't be more pleased. To see him step up and become the kind of force that we always knew he could be.

I don't know exactly what Boogie said to Davis on that phone call, but I bet every coach in the league would like the transcript!

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I don't know exactly what Boogie said to Davis on that phone call, but I bet every coach in the league would like the transcript!
    Hope Boogie picks up the phone again soon.

A perfect example of how this team is floored without DMC.
    AD and DMC is another story.

Steven Adams breaks down the Thunder’s success not switching at all when he was guarding old mate Anthony Davis pick-and-rolls: “Their guards are not trying to score like that, like crazy...They’re more probing, trying to see if they can drag you out to get lobs for old mate.”

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    A perfect example of how this team is floored without DMC.
    AD and DMC is another story.

Steven Adams breaks down the Thunder’s success not switching at all when he was guarding old mate Anthony Davis pick-and-rolls: “Their guards are not trying to score like that, like crazy...They’re more probing, trying to see if they can drag you out to get lobs for old mate.”
    What that literally means is if our guards aren't aggressively attacking the basket, teams will stop following them and focus on AD.

Forget Cousins. Our guards need to stop being passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What that literally means is if our guards aren't aggressively attacking the basket, teams will stop following them and focus on AD.

Forget Cousins. Our guards need to stop being passive.
    Jrue is the only one who can get to the rack consistently without getting blocked

Thread Information