Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I think some are going overboard if they think a name will effect players wanting to play here.

However IMO Pelicans is worse than every last one of those names. It may not hurt us in free agnecy but it will in merchandising. I'm having a hard time seeing myself in "Pelicans" gear and I owe a ton of Hornets gear.
    If the jerseys look nice and sleek and the team and AD is doing well it could make up for the awkward name when it comes to merch.

The Oregon Ducks will never be a success and will never attract recruits because of their name.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

I think the whole Stern in nola for the lakers game is an indication that an official announcement is coming. As far as testing the waters, I don't think Benson really cares what other people, much less random national twitterers think. I'm okay with it though, they'll be my team no matter what as long as they're in nola.

"I've been stung by a Hornet, but I've never seen a Pelican do anything lively at all, except dive hard into the water and MISS his target 95% of the time - or, take a dump on the Causeway.
    Not basketball-like at all!
    "

Ya'll know thats funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gotta love people saying they'll never buy gear or jerseys, when we haven't even seen them yet. Just cuz of the name on it.
    If you don't like the name that's a huge part of a brand.

It'll grow on you...like a parasite...a pelican parasite

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If you don't like the name that's a huge part of a brand.
    So a great name with ****ty colors would make people want to wear gear anyway?

The words Voodoo written on vomit green and crap brown wouldn't make for great sales, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    I think the whole Stern in nola for the lakers game is an indication that an official announcement is coming. As far as testing the waters, I don't think Benson really cares what other people, much less random national twitterers think. I'm okay with it though, they'll be my team no matter what as long as they're in nola.
    They haven't started the process yet so I doubt an official announcement is coming anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Is that guy trying to insert something up his own @#$%?
    IIRC, it is from a youtube video and the kid is raging because his mom won't let him play WoW anymore. And, yes, he is trying to stick a controller of some sort up his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    If the jerseys look nice and sleek and the team and AD is doing well it could make up for the awkward name when it comes to merch.
    It's possible and that's why I change the word "will" for "may". But when you look around the league and how popular the Hornets brand was even when the Hornets moved and weren't a good team it just shows how important a team name is when it comes to selling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    What is the orgin of this logo?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

So a great name with ****ty colors would make people want to wear gear anyway?

The words Voodoo written on vomit green and crap brown wouldn't make for great sales, me thinks.
    Both name and color counts. However teams change colors all the time how often does the name change?

Both name and color counts. However teams change colors all the time how often does the name change?
    Fair enough. But mainly because name changes are problematic for reasons a lot like we're seeing now.

the way i feel is.. THANK YOU MR BENSON FOR BUYING THE TEAM! NAME IT WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT! I'M IN!

I´m okay with the name eventhough I would prefer Brass! But, like some of you mentioned, names like Thunder, Wizards or Magic are not really better! The Logo and and the colours that were mentioned here looked pretty cool to me! I don´t love it but I can live with that!

It's possible and that's why I change the word "will" for "may". But when you look around the league and how popular the Hornets brand was even when the Hornets moved and weren't a good team it just shows how important a team name is when it comes to selling gear.
    No one cared about the Hornets name. They liked the color scheme. Same reason Carolina Panther gear was popular 15 years ago. It was a fairly unique set of colors and was attractive to a large number of people. No one cared about the names.

Wow so I lose the Hornets who I know and love and become a ****ing Pelican fan?
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

The five stages of grief

Denial – This is just a rumor. No way they are considering this name. We may even stay the Hornets.

Anger – Waaahhh! If people didn’t consider us a joke before, then they surely will now.

Bargaining – We have to get a petition or something going. Maybe we can pool some money together and get this thing changed.

Depression – The Pelicans? Really, the Pelicans? This just blew my high.

Acceptance – You know what? I think I’d look pretty sexy in a red, navy blue, and gold fitted shirt. And I was excited when they made the Pelican stand out more on the Louisiana license plates.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That would look even better with a lighter court like one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Wow so I lose the Hornets who I know and love and become a ****ing Pelican fan?
    You're an Anaheim Duck fan, dude. Former the Mighty Ducks, a friggin' Disney movie (and a kickass Disney cartoon) spawned the creation of that team IRL. How are you hung up on Pelicans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    No one cared about the Hornets name. They liked the color scheme. Same reason Carolina Panther gear was popular 15 years ago. It was a fairly unique set of colors and was attractive to a large number of people. No one cared about the names.
    Not discrediting team colors (not that I'm thrilled about the proposed ones anyways), but I feel both all play a role in the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    The five stages of grief

Denial – This is just a rumor. No way they are considering this name. We may even stay the Hornets.

Anger – Waaahhh! If people didn’t consider us a joke before, then they surely will now.

Bargaining – We have to get a petition or something going. Maybe we can pool some money together and get this thing changed.

Depression – The Pelicans? Really, the Pelicans? This just blew my high.

Acceptance – You know what? I think I’d look pretty sexy in a red, navy blue, and gold fitted shirt. And I was excited when they made the Pelican stand out more on the Louisiana license plates.
    Lol this captures my 5 stages perfectly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'm gonna say what some of you don't want to say....When the hornets came here I really didn't like the name or the colors that much. Nope....but it grew pretty fast on me because I was young just started watching basketball and loved my home team. BAM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

You know, for almost 60 years, the name "Pelicans" was professional sports in this city. There was no Saints, no NBA, no nothing other than the Pelicans. It is just sad that so many people are not taught that part of our history. Sure, it was just a minor league baseball team, but they were New Orleans. This name is a testament to those past times and I love it.

How many people here even know where Pelican Stadium was.

Thread Information