Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone just suggested this name leak could be a ploy by Benson to gauge the waters. See how fans react. Cuz there's been no official confirmation.

Well, if you're reading this post Mr. Benson, I'll support Pelicans, but I'd rather be the Krewe of New Orleans or Brass more. Just sweeter names to me.
    Krewe!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    goddamn people are going off on twitter.. im sorry eman and AD, i hate this name
    Hey now. No need to be sorry.

I'm going to think less of you either way.

Someone just suggested this name leak could be a ploy by Benson to gauge the waters. See how fans react. Cuz there's been no official confirmation.

Well, if you're reading this post Mr. Benson, I'll support Pelicans, but I'd rather be the Krewe of New Orleans or Brass more. Just sweeter names to me.
    that would be fantastic

Hope so not to speculate to much but perhaps the league leaked the name to give the Bensons perspective on how it would be received but they seem dead set on it.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    This is embarassing.

Hey now. No need to be sorry.

I'm going to think less of you either way.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    This is embarassing.
    get over it. Stop feeling how you feel. You have to pretend to like it because we root for this team.

The twitter world just exploded with hatred for the name. I know people in New Orleans like the name but the NBA is too national let alone global to go with a name like that. You gotta sell merchandise, you have to sell ticket at away games when the Pelicans come to town. You can say other NBA names are weird but this one is on another level. Also name changes usually go to a vote... interesting how that doesn't look like the case here

25 characters is not enoug Contributor ktulu909's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

I'd rather the Begniets.

Love. The. Pelicans!
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Counting a LOT positives for Krewe. Nice.

WE started that ish!

Am I the only one who loves it?

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    get over it. Stop feeling how you feel. You have to pretend to like it because we root for this team.
    You get over people not liking it. And I don't have to do anyhing. I am still going to call this team the hornets from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    The twitter world just exploded with hatred for the name. I know people in New Orleans like the name but the NBA is too national let alone global to go with a name like that. You gotta sell merchandise, you have to sell ticket at away games when the Pelicans come to town. You can say other NBA names are weird but this one is on another level. Also name changes usually go to a vote... interesting how that doesn't look like the case here
    Do you remember the laughing stock that OKC became when they changed to the Thunder? In a year, people will be accustomed to the name and that is that. Love it or hate it, in a year we will have a name that identifies more with New Orleans.

Some of the stuff people said when they first heard the name "Thunder".

http://dimemag.com/2008/09/its-offic...-city-thunder/

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101913

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    You get over people not liking it. And I don't have to do anyhing. I am still going to call this team the hornets from here on out.
    I really suck at sarcasm over the internet. I was poking fun at the people telling us to get over it already.

I will say that the Pelican logo I saw earlier in the thread actually looks awesome.

This name is an epic fail...No matter how many times I say it out loud, I think WNBA basketball.
    Heheh.

The article doesn't even specify an unnamed source. This is still just conjecture. This doesn't have anything more than 42's piece on the rebrand, and honestly it looks an awful lot like just a rehash.

Lordy, I don't like that name. Hopefully this is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Do you remember the laughing stock that OKC became when they changed to the Thunder? In a year, people will be accustomed to the name and that is that. Love it or hate it, in a year we will have a name that identifies more with New Orleans.
    why do we have to have a name that starts off with nation wide hate and eventually people catch on to, rather than start off with a baddass name that everyone celebrates...CP3X30 is right, no one outside of Louisiana/some of the gulf coast will buy pelican branded merchandise

The worst part of this is gonna be WhodatChritian talking to us about the Voodoo name.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    The worst part of this is gonna be WhodatChritian talking to us about the Voodoo name.
    Had to remind me that cat exists, huh?

This is embarassing.
    This thread is embarrassing.

This board -- and the wider world -- would have reacted just the same if the name was leaked as being Voodoo, Brass, Krewe, Angels, or Spirit.

Ya'll are overreacting.

obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by DRob8785 View Post
    This thread is embarrassing.

This board -- and the wider world -- would have reacted just the same if the name was leaked as being Voodoo, Brass, Krewe, Angels, or Spirit.

Ya'll are overreacting.
    I believe this to be true. We knew there were going to be some unhappy people no matter which name was chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I really suck at sarcasm over the internet. I was poking fun at the people telling us to get over it already.

I will say that the Pelican logo I saw earlier in the thread actually looks awesome.
    LOL

Haven't seen the official logo can you post it here?

Thread Information