Pelicans Report

Thread: Jrue is shooting a career best 56% on 2pt FG

Jrue is shooting a career best 56% on 2pt FG

To go with a woeful 21% from three.

83% from the FT line (24/29)

Interesting numbers

He's been getting a lot of easy buckets on cuts. If he just starts hitting his career average from deep he'll be straight.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    To go with a woeful 21% from three.

83% from the FT line (24/29)

Interesting numbers
    Those are woeful FT attemps after 15 games.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    He's been getting a lot of easy buckets on cuts. If he just starts hitting his career average from deep he'll be straight.
    If he can be his career self from 3 he will be an All Star. It's kind of "you can have this or that, but not both." With Jrue.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Probably has to do with Jrue moving away from taking those mid range shots.

Yea that last must've been the most dunks he's had in a game in a long time. He's def gonna benefit from the Rondo pairing

I've gotten the feeling his shot is too stiff/mechanical this year. He needs to put a bit more arc on his shot and put some fluidity in his action.

edit: He's just feasting on layups this year.
    Last edited by Impose; 11-16-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    My concern with Jrue is that off ball, he has actually been pretty terrible at catch and shoot threes recently. Which he is likely to get much more of with Rondo. Most guys steadily improve but Jrue has steadily declined. Its straight up bizarre.

Catch and Shoot three percentage:

13-14: 43.5%
    14-15: 38.2%
    15-16: 35.9%
    16-17: 30.4%
    17-18: 29.2%

He has literally been declining every year since the stat has been tracked by NBA.com. So I want to say that Rondo will be a great help for Jrue, and I think overall he will, just from how he will focus him when he gets the ball and getting him easy looks cutting to the basket, but shooting is concerning. Jrue really needs to work his butt off on catching and shooting because that is going to be his achilles heel off the ball since even though improved off ball, he doesn't create a ton of FTA and the offense really needs guys that defenders can't slack off to double and triple Davis/Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If he can be his career self from 3 he will be an All Star. It's kind of "you can have this or that, but not both." With Jrue.
    An all star in the West?

With all the guard talent? Hell no

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    My concern with Jrue is that off ball, he has actually been pretty terrible at catch and shoot threes recently. Which he is likely to get much more of with Rondo. Most guys steadily improve but Jrue has steadily declined. Its straight up bizarre.

He has literally been declining every year since the stat has been tracked by NBA.com. So I want to say that Rondo will be a great help for Jrue, and I think overall he will, just from how he will focus him when he gets the ball and getting him easy looks cutting to the basket, but shooting is concerning. Jrue really needs to work his butt off on catching and shooting because that is going to be his achilles heel off the ball since even though improved off ball, he doesn't create a ton of FTA and the offense really needs guys that defenders can't slack off to double and triple Davis/Cousins.
    Wow, didn't realize that. I wonder if the injuries have played a part in that he hasn't been able to take jumpers while his leg was healing.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Bizzare.

He's probably having a career best in turnovers as well. The guy has 0 court or situational awareness.

The question with Jrue is never about his talent or potential on the defensive end. It is about his mentality and consistency. I think Jrue will go down as one of the worst contracts we have given during the Dell era. It kills me because he is one of the nicest guys around and the story might be a little different had he never gone through that reoccurring fracture. Talent and character does not make a great NBA player unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Jrue will never be an allstar again.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information