Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tulane!

Tulane Tulane!

Are there any Tulane graduates or current students at this forum?

If so, tell us about your experience.

I may transfer colleges this year, so I'm trying to get as much information as possible
    I visited once from the West Coast for only one day and I fell in love with the school and the city.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post

I may transfer colleges this year, so I'm trying to get as much information as possible
    I visited once from the West Coast for only one day and I fell in love with the school and the city.
    I don't attend there, I'm just wondering where you are from lol. I need info too though, I was also considering UNO.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Tulane's atmosphere is simply amazing. I spent some time with friends who went there and it was really a great "college" experience. Damn expensive though.

Here. I think we talked though. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    I don't attend there, I'm just wondering where you are from lol. I need info too though, I was also considering UNO.
    Come to ULL Coop!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Come to ULL Coop!!!!
    Rajin Cajun! Yeah! My cousin plays quaterback there!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Rajin Cajun! Yeah! My cousin plays quaterback there!
    Awesomesauce. Hopefully see you there in 2 years lil bro!!

Haha, nah going to USC!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Haha, nah going to USC!
    Lol

Applying to LSU soon. Tulane too tough for me to get in to..... don't got the $$$. Someone told me it is rated as one of the best party schools in the nation though. Is that accurate?
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Tulane? If so I know a few friends who went to a couple of there parties & said it like a less nude American Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Lol
    I have to go to a great performance arts college..

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Here. I think we talked though. Yes?
    Yes, 42, we've talked before.
    I turned Tulane down my freshman year because of the money, but I think it was a big mistake. Now, I'm willing to be **** broke and attend Tulane. As long as I get the same partial scholarship as last time (or something close), I'm taking the offer. I need to go to a more academically-oriented school.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    I'm from Vegas. UNLV is way too large and underfunded for my taste. Most of the students at UNLV don't care about academics, so the learning environment is very poor.

I got accepted to Tulane with the intention of my first semester being Fall 2005. Unfortunately, for everyone involved (me probably least of all) that was the semester that the school was closed after Katrina hit. I had applied to a lot of schools, but I had decided on Tulane, once they decided the semester was cancelled, a lot of things caused me to miss a semester of school. However, I did attend the school in Spring of 2006 and, I have to say, it was quite possibly the best time of my life. Unfortunately, the school dropped my major (computer engineering) effective in 3 semesters, so I transferred out to University of Maryland after my one semester there.

I'll say that I never had another college experience like I did while I was attending Tulane that semester. It was a blast to attend, but you also need to be prepared, I never worked that hard again, either (I transferred again after I left TU; I attended 3 universities). We had a saying that we were up until 4 am every night at that school; Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday it was studying and every other day we were partying. If I had a choice, I would have stayed and graduated from that school; hell, I almost changed my major so that I could.

The best way I can put it is: I've never had more fun or worked harder in my life. I loved every second of the time I spent there (excluding a little home sickness the first week) and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in the world. I even met my wife the last few weeks of that semester (it just so happens that we were transferring to schools in close proximity to one another). If you can afford to go into debt or be broke as hell while you're there, it's a fantastic school both academically and socially.

Best party school!! I'm visiting america soon...someone hook me up with some partys at Tulane

Tulane is a school for smart kids that like to party, I highly reccommmend it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Not sure about the parties, but they are investing and growing while some other schools are getting slashed.

If it's about New Orleans, consider Loyola, but being a B-school guy, Tulane should be your target.

I stand by everything in my emails to you. I'll resend if not.

Here's the important bit: where can you be happy and succeed in school. Don't worry about the money difference if it won't ruin your life.

I started at Tulane before my legislative scholarship was given to someone else without warning. Best 3 semesters of my life, seriously. Met lifelong friends, learned a ton of fun stuff, and am still more proud to be a Green Wave than a Privateer (I finished up and got my bachelors and Masters at UNO, which is also a school I enjoyed).

college is college as far as the whole experience is concerned. It is what you make of it, you can make friends/life long friends and party any where you go. As far as party school ranking, i'm sure thats mostly attributed to it being in new orleans and its location in the city.

For me its Not the 80s anymore, i can't give you any second hand experience or insight or Brag about Terrence Jones to Mark Zeno, hey, did you know that Texas coach Mack Brown was coaching Tulane. Use to always as a kid meet people who go to, went to or planned on going to Tulane, i think for locals its not like that anymore.

So in my humble opinion and it honestly doesn't mean much on this subject, it sounds as though you're considering Tulane because its in New Orleans, well in order to really absorb and appreciate the city, which mean the people in it, you're going to have to make an effort to get off that campus for more than just a little, find you some off the grid places, some locals' spot to hang out... i mean to eat, drink and watch a game.

My personal experience in doing jobs on campus is that it is like some one took an English Manor and dropped it in the middle of Uptown New Orleans, the kids who are different really stand out. Nobody seems to greet and speak if they don't know each other already. Nobody is into the sport teams, given everything you can get into here, you cant blame them to much for wanting to do something fun when they don't have to go to class or study.

You'll get a quality education as you know, But don't leave Tulane with only having met kids from California, New York and Texas, so that means don't leave with out getting to know some of the locals here, you'll get a quality education.

Tulane is a fantastic school and is geared for those who want to work to succeed (as they all should be). However, a lot depends on what you are majoring in as well. Certain less popular curriculums (i.e. some of the sciences) have taken a financial hit, while others have continued to grow. Just make sure you research well whatever school you are attending.

I went to Tulane, played baseball there, and graduated from the business school. It's a relatively small school, so understand that going in. You run into the same people everywhere, almost like high school. The good part about that is that your class sizes are small and you get a lot of one on one interaction with the professors. It also has a good reputation around the country, so it can open some doors for you down the road (as it has for me). Good luck with your decision.

Also be aware that post-Katrina there is a public service component to your degree. Not that it's bad or anything but it's a requirement for the curriculum.

http://tulane.edu/academics/public-service.cfm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    Applying to LSU soon. Tulane too tough for me to get in to..... don't got the $$$. Someone told me it is rated as one of the best party schools in the nation though. Is that accurate?
    New Orleans is the best party city. Tulane happens to be there. They do host a bunch of cool events at the school though. Crawfest, for example, is sweet.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Thanks for all the insight, guys!

My decision to attempt to transfer to Tulane is definitely not solely based on the city of New Orleans. Some of the biggest factors I consider are academic prestige/rankings, average financial aid, class sizes, business school resources, and more. As for long-term goals, Tulane's average starting salary for MBA grads is impressive (http://officialmbaguide.org/top40.php?rnk=salary) and I am also pleased that it has a PhD program for accounting. I'm considering numerous factors, but it definitely helps that I would have Hornets games, Bourbon Street, and Mardi Gras right around the corner.

And Joe, I've been waiting for Crawfest for years!

Thread Information