Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    he doesnt run down the court on defense either
    You mean sprinting? Because I don't think I've ever seen him sprint. Even in college.

Anyway. If you gave Lopez a flagrant, only fair.

On another unrelated note, the Portland crowd is impressive as usual.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

davis has 3 rebounds in 21 min and hickson has 11 in 21 min

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    he doesnt run down the court on defense either
    He's not going to run down the court when he's guarding the trail man.

It's odd because we though Davis would be so much farther ahead than Rivers, but I'd say they are at about to the same level with respects to their Positions.

Davis is playing like someone that doesn't care and certainly not the #1 pick.

When this team is on offense, all you hear on the floor is "d'oh!"

davis has 3 rebounds in 21 min and hickson has 11 in 21 min
    Hickson doesn't spend most of the game guarding Luke Babbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfanjc24 View Post
    Davis is playing like someone that doesn't care and certainly not the #1 pick.
    Christ...

Too much negativity on here tonight! But I get it, this has been really embarrassing. This rebuild is going to take longer than any of us want it to, that's for sure, but remember guys, what we have on the court now is not a legitimate basketball team. You shouldn't expect much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You mean sprinting? Because I don't think I've ever seen him sprint. Even in college.

Anyway. If you gave Lopez a flagrant, only fair.
    Both were wrong, but the Batum one was awful.

remember when I talked about Davis lack of effort weeks ago and the forum jumped on me...
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Leto View Post
    I think you're being hyper-critical of him. There's only so much he can do in terms of pumping them up. He doesn't bring the energy for the players. That's up to them.
    This team makes the same mistakes every game & they barely play hard most of the time . That's all about coaching & getting the guys ready to play every night. We lack talent , but with the talent we so have he doesn't work with at all..The team offensive philosophy is terrible . As a matter of fact what is our offensive philosophy ? Monty looks like he is coasting for next year
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Please stop with the Davis non-sense. When he runs hard he has a long stride so it doesn't look like he is. He ALWAYS runs like that.

Secondly, Portland's frontline has athleticism and size. Bad matchup for him and Anderson. Guards getting beat like a drum don't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I used to laugh at your "Monty sucks" post, but now, I can't help but agree. I think Monty approached this season expecting to lose 65 games...
    I feel like Monty is kind of in a hard position, arguing and fighting with himself over trying to win games and developing the young guys.

That could be a reason for his weird rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hickson doesn't spend most of the game guarding Luke Babbitt.

Christ...
    I'm glad you also have kept some sanity and are not hitting the panic button on a 19 year old rookie coming off an injury.

why no roberts tonight?

Yeah. Davis was late. Shoulda took his poster like a man.

Has anyone noticed how often Davis calls for the ball but doesn't get it??

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    This team makes the same mistakes every game & they barely play hard most of the time . That's all about coaching & getting the guys ready to play every night. We lack talent , but with the talent we so have he doesn't work with at all..The team offensive philosophy is terrible . As a matter of fact what is our offensive philosophy ? Monty looks like he is coasting for next year
    What talent do we have? As much as I love Davis, he's still a work in progress offensively.

Anderson? I think we do a fine job with him.

Besides those two? Rivers? Can't really complain there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    So last year we had a better team, and everyone wanted to tank. This year it looks like they are tanking and you want them to try?

Glass half-empty approach I see.

why no roberts tonight?
    My thoughts exactly. He can play the 2 and help handle the ball.

I'm just not impressed with Davis. We all thought he would come in an make a difference. He gets bullied on defense, and our Guards can't find him on Offense. IT's just a stinky situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    What talent do we have? As much as I love Davis, he's still a work in progress offensively.

Anderson? I think we do a fine job with him.

Besides those two? Rivers? Can't really complain there either.
    Our offense doesn't fit the personnel. I haven't seen a screen or screens for Anderson all game. Instead they make him go 1 on 1. Why?

Say what you want, but i believe aminus massive dip in form has killed us. We dont have any production from SF anymore. I like to see vazquez get firey and attack like that. He needs to limit the **** ups and keep ballin

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Please stop with the Davis non-sense. When he runs hard he has a long stride so it doesn't look like he is. He ALWAYS runs like that.

Secondly, Portland's frontline has athleticism and size. Bad matchup for him and Anderson. Guards getting beat like a drum don't help either.
    I still think he could run faster, but I'd rather he take it easier on his feet. Bigs always have feet problems. The lighter he runs the better. But that's so far and away from being a problem, Im' not sure why its constantly coming up.

Thread Information