Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paul tried convincing Howard to join him in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I remember it was not too long ago people were saying they don't believe anything Paul says.
    Sure as hell wasn't me. I've said Chris handled his situation better than all the rest of them.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Sure as hell wasn't me. I've said Chris handled his situation better than all the rest of them.
    Did I say it was you? We all know Paul handled his situation better than the rest of them but there are more people on HR.com than just you. Anyone who said it knows who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Man, Chris really was good to us.I don't blame him for leaving.. he tried.

How can you blame him when your starting shooting guard & small forwards was Rasule Butler & James Posey. I cant remember that other joker. i think his name was Devin Brown lol
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Did I say it was you? We all know Paul handled his situation better than the rest of them but there are more people on HR.com than just you. Anyone who said it knows who they are.
    I was disqualifying myself from the group

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    Can't hate on this guy whatsoever. He had a legitimate reason to leave this franchise .
    Paul actually tried to change the Hornets' culture, too. Starting with 'Zo, stars had been regularly leaving without a second thought. We only got to rent them for a few years. Paul legitimately wanted to stay, but there just weren't enough pieces for him to risk wallowing in the muck of Shinn for years to come.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I'm one. And I stick by what I said. Paul just knows how to play the PR game.

He wanted the big city and lights. That's it. Having met him out and having friends who knew him pretty well, he isn't the guy he portrays himself to be. There is a reason the list of teams he was willing to go to was so short. We could have gotten something better for him from another smaller market team.

Look, I don't dislike him at all. I actually admire the way he has played things. He never hated on the city, he just wanted to play in a bigger one. The way he has people eating out of his hands is quite remarkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I'm one. And I stick by what I said. Paul just knows how to play the PR game.

He wanted the big city and lights. That's it. Having met him out and having friends who knew him pretty well, he isn't the guy he portrays himself to be. There is a reason the list of teams he was willing to go to was so short. We could have gotten something better for him from another smaller market team.

Look, I don't dislike him at all. I actually admire the way he has played things. He never hated on the city, he just wanted to play in a bigger one. The way he has people eating out of his hands is quite remarkable.
    This. Let's not forget he went to play for the most notorious owners on a team that had a poorer history than the Hornets.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I don't know if I ever said I don't believing anything he said but I'm sure I did say something like I never take any public statement by an athlete at its face value.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Paul was great. best player so far in the history of the Hornets. And a class act. I just wish we had a competent GM and an owner who wanted to win.

Oh well we have the Brow.... we have a promising future.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    No surprise hear, I've heard about this during 2010 season

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead View Post
    I'm not dwelling on this. We got Brow. We're in good hands.
    Actually it was stern. David stern save us from a crappy Dell demp trade. We would have ended up with Lamar odom and scola I believe.

We still got Brow.

Anybody still think he wouldn't want to come back with all of the help we got him?

I still don't think he'd want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Anybody still think he wouldn't want to come back with all of the help we got him?
    He's not coming back. That was the whole point of my post above. I don't want anyone holding out false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    He's not coming back. That was the whole point of my post above. I don't want anyone holding out false hope.
    I'm not holding out false hope. I'm not planning on him returning in FA, but I'm just saying that the guy would want to play here if we gave him more help. He tried to get Howard to sign here for the long term, which means he wanted to be here for the long term. It was never about hatred for the city or small markets. It was always about winning.

He might... too bad the team is now saddled with Gordon's contract. No chance to sign him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    He might... too bad the team is now saddled with Gordon's contract. No chance to sign him now.
    Truth is, we could trade him to some team come the trade deadline in return for a $10 million dollar contract, and we would have more than enough money to sign CP. I would only do that, though, if I knew for sure that Chris would sign here come FA.

For the record, I still think Gordon will come back, play well, and people will forget about the nonsense and just enjoy basketball.

Wonder if you'll be saying the same thing a year from now when he's still only played a handful of games?

Chris has moved on. He's not coming back.

I'm not holding out false hope. I'm not planning on him returning in FA, but I'm just saying that the guy would want to play here if we gave him more help. He tried to get Howard to sign here for the long term, which means he wanted to be here for the long term. It was never about hatred for the city or small markets. It was always about winning.
    As Unknown Poster said don't believe everything an athlete says. It was about playing in a bigger market for Paul. Everyone of his choices where he would go were big markets. If it was really all about winning with Paul, why did he go to the Clippers who had the worst owner in the league and a history of losing? Griffin is overrated and not the reason why he went there.
    Last edited by Metairie Hornet; 11-02-2012 at 06:44 PM.

superstars are like politicians. they have people to help them with PR. they don't really care about you.

Thread Information