Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Nets @ Pelicans

Foul foul and foul . Let's keep fouling
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Splash. Rivers is getting that shot off more on balance and much, much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Splash. Rivers is getting that shot off more on balance and much, much quicker.
    He's good enough at the three that I am happier with him taking a set shot from there than an open layup.

Basketball 101, never give up the baseline as a defender.
    {Chief Aminu = very low basketball IQ}

Should of know it would be a blow out once Monty started Steamer rotation started bad earlier

This lineup. I mean, just scerw all pretense of spacing...

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Should of know it would be a blow out once Monty started Steamer rotation started bad earlier
    Because clearly playing someone else for those first few minutes would have solved all our rebounding, defensive, turnover, free-throw, layup, and open-shot issues for the rest of the game.

Come on man....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Because clearly playing someone else for those first few minutes would have solved all our rebounding, defensive, turnover, free-throw, layup, and open-shot issues for the rest of the game.
    with a starting line up with on one shooter is destined for failure while pierce could hide on steam. You don't try to match up against them you creat a mismatch and have them run. They are a old team and would get worn out.

Eurosteppin' like an S...er...Scotsman!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Basketball 101, never give up the baseline as a defender.
    {Chief Aminu = very low basketball IQ}
    Can't be worse than Roberts. I refuse to believe that . Just my opinion though sir

with a starting line up with on one shooter is destined for failure while pierce could hide on steam. You don't try to match up against them you creat a mismatch and have them run. They are a old team and would get worn out.
    They have mismatches across the board no matter what lineup we play. The only players we have better than their top 7 or so is AD and Evans.

Everything is a foul. Looking at Paul pierce is a foul I forgot

Been at work (drinking) so just starting watching now on league Pass. I like how we started the all-NBA shooting team. Having Evans, Stiemsma and Aminu out there is great

God tyrekes shot is so broke.

They have mismatches across the board no matter what lineup we play. The only players we have better than their top 7 or so is AD and Evans.
    So you create mismatches they play big then you go small don't let other team dictate games and that is what Monty does.

Another thing wrong with this coaching staff. Give up 58 points and all the assistant coach talks about is not finishing momentum plays and the offensive end.

Yo coach, might want to take a look at the other end of the floor w/ BK being on pace for 116. NBA coaches cant really be this dumb can they? I guess they can.

So you create mismatches they play big then you go small don't let other team dictate games and that is what Monty does.
    We literally can't create a mismatch that won't hurt us worse. They are always big. And still quick enough to keep up with our players.

Like, the only guys we have that are quick enough to get into the paint can't shoot. And our shooters are slow enough for their guys to smother and abuse.

Obviously not, but doesnt make the steamer move any less retardo

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Obviously not, but doesnt make the steamer move any less retardo
    Never said it wasn't. But it wouldn't have made a difference. They scored just as easily when we tried to spread them out and were still able to guard us effectively. That unit we had that made a run to close the half? Same lineup that started the game.

Where do I go to take back everything nice I ever said about Monty? Is there a wait?
    @mcnamara247

If you manage to get to the line, please knock em down.

I may hate Ken Mauer more than I do Ronnie Garretson or Joey

Thread Information