Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to trade for Beal

Pels trying to trade for Beal

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/st...925993473?s=19

From what I'm seeing we are trying for Mirotic/Randle, Hill and a 1st

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pretty hard to do when both are out injured. But that would be a move to put hair on our chest.

Don't have a clue how it'd be possible though.

Look closer, and you'll be seeing it's from one very questionable source (Brad Blue ??? / @BasketballRehab ????) With no other sources reporting this. And if Hill is included in a trade for Beal, that doesn't make sense to report that since Wiz would likely get much better offers without a bad contract like Hill. Wish it would happen, but gotta consider the source

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Look closer, and you'll be seeing it's from one very questionable source (Brad Blue ??? / @BasketballRehab ????) With no other sources reporting this. And if Hill is included in a trade for Beal, that doesn't make sense to report that since Wiz would likely get much better offers without a bad contract like Hill. Wish it would happen, but gotta consider the source
    Agree. Does not appear to be a reputable source. Probably just throwing darts.

will help marginally. the west is so open this year so we'll see what happens

Sean Deveney: One other interesting note about Kell Oubre. Sources said that the @New Orleans Pelicans were also working on a trade to get him from the Wizards, but could not make a deal work. Oubre is a New Orleans guy. – via Twitter SeanDeveney

Giving up both Niko and Randle shouldn’t be an option.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sean Deveney: One other interesting note about Kell Oubre. Sources said that the @New Orleans Pelicans were also working on a trade to get him from the Wizards, but could not make a deal work. Oubre is a New Orleans guy. – via Twitter SeanDeveney
    Sad that if we really wanted him, we could not do a deal. The Suns did not seem to high on him anyway as the original deal had him going to the Grizzlies.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Would be a severe net negative and makes no sense.

Trade rumors in the NBA are the absolute worst of all sports. Just nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It's not, Randle or Niko...

Personally I like Niko, Moore, Wes and 2 1sts for Beal and Morris... Gets Washington out of the tax and they get a good return.

Please make this trade happen already Demps so ESPN can leave us alone and beg another impending free agent superstar to team up with Lebron

The Franchise
    Nows the time to trade for Beal. Our first round pick has so much value right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Nows the time to trade for Beal. Our first round pick has so much value right now.
    All part of the plan.

Any time you trade the 1st for a very good player/superstar you immediately diminish the value of said pick

How does no one get this

The Franchise
    If the rumors are true and Davis leaves what do you think the value is? I’m aware not this year but if we traded 2 first which is possible then the second has a lot more value.

If the rumors are true and Davis leaves what do you think the value is? I’m aware not this year but if we traded 2 first which is possible then the second has a lot more value.
    Huh? Are you talking about trading Davis or trading our picks?

If we trade Davis we would get picks back, not send them out

The Franchise
    Trade picks this year and it’s been implied Davis will want out so value of future picks could be better. Of course we’ll get picks/players back when Davis leaves so I’m not worried about giving up picks now. Building off of Jrue and what we can get for our 2 first (Beal) should be good for Davis. If not then next year we build off of Jrue, Beal, and what we get from trade for Davis.

I’m not saying I want to trade Davis, just setting up the team for future either way.

Trade picks this year and it’s been implied Davis will want out so value of future picks could be better. Of course we’ll get picks/players back when Davis leaves so I’m not worried about giving up picks now. Building off of Jrue and what we can get for our 2 first (Beal) should be good for Davis. If not then next year we build off of Jrue, Beal, and what we get from trade for Davis.

I’m not saying I want to trade Davis, just setting up the team for future either way.
    Ok, I agree that our picks will be a lot more valuable if/when Davis leaves

I have not seen this "report" of aggressively trying to trade for Beal anywhere else but that one guy on twitter. I cannot see that we would have the assets to get him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I have not seen this "report" of aggressively trying to trade for Beal anywhere else but that one guy on twitter. I cannot see that we would have the assets to get him.
    There’s nothing credible about pels trading for Beal. Wizards will want AD for Beal. They’re delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    There’s nothing credible about pels trading for Beal. Wizards will want AD for Beal. They’re delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and they'd get laughed off the phone. they aren't getting anything of ads level for Beal

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This would have to be a two part trade unless we wait another couple weeks because of Ariza eligibility.

We send: Randle, Solo, Moore, Wes Johnson, Clark, 2019 1st, 2021 1st

Wizards send: Beal, Ariza, Satoransky, and Green

It would have to be broken up with Solo for Ariza being a separate deal.

This puts Wizards a little under a million dollars under the luxury tax, while making them bad enough to tank, plus 2 first round picks. They can even flip Randle and Moore at the deadline to a contender for more picks if they'd like.

This fills necessary holes for us while giving us a 3rd star. It also will create about a $4.9MM and $2.3MM trade exceptions. Which we could use one to flip for Justin Holiday.

Jrue/Payton/Frazier
    Beal/Satoransky/Jackson
    Ariza/Holiday/Miller
    Niko/Green/Diallo
    AD/Jah

Well it looks like my John Wall trade is out the window now. Guess it was good we passed. Wizards are stuck with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    and they'd get laughed off the phone. they aren't getting anything of ads level for Beal

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Beal is a maybe top 30, top 40 player in the league. If they think they're getting a top 10 player for him, or a top 3 player like AD, they need to put the booze down.
    Basketball.

Pels get:
    Bradley Beal and Dwayne Dedmon

Wizards get:
    Julius Randle, Etwaun Moore, Kent Bazemore

Hawks get:
    Iran Mahinmi, Soloman Hill, 2019 unprotected Pels 1st, 2019 Top 10 protected Wiz 1st

Pels get Dedmon to take some strain off AD, Beal to add another Star

Washington gets out of Mahinmi's contract, this trade also puts them below the Luxury Tax, and they get 3 great pieces to build on along with Wall, Porter, and Ariza (they would be a deeper team next season).. Best thing for them, if they tank they would keep their pick, if they dont tank they likely make the playoffs so it's a later round 1st

Hawks get 2 possible lottery picks, affirm their tank for this season (Zion sweepstakes?), and get 2 VERY attractive expirings for next season they can use to trade for a star player (lines up perfectly with Kevin Loves contract)

Our roster after trade:
    Payton, Frazier, Clark
    Jrue, Frank, Harrison
    Beal, Miller, Wes, Williams
    AD, Niko
    Dedmon, Okafor, Diallo
    Last edited by soggymoss; 12-30-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Thread Information