Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saints performance to draw new Hornets fans? {merged}

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    This whole thread is just... Ugh. I'm sorry. I love you guys but you can do better than this.. Wont make the playoffs after one game? Attendance boosts from the Saints losing? Texan fans bragging about anything? Its hard to read.
    @DanielVeuleman

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    This whole thread is just... Ugh. I'm sorry. I love you guys but you can do better than this.. Wont make the playoffs after one game? Attendance boosts from the Saints losing? Texan fans bragging about anything? Its hard to read.
    Indeed. Just like Aerys Targaeryn. Burn 'em all!

Hey, there's your team name. NOLA Burners!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Indeed. Just like Aerys Targaeryn. Burn 'em all!

Hey, there's your team name. NOLA Burners!
    and now Game of Thrones references. This thread has it all

I'm not in favor of the saints losing. And I'm sorry for the reactionary thread (even though I stand by my gut feeling), but if you guys don't think that people in this city make a decision between purchasing Saints season tickets and saving some money for Hornets season then you're all watching through rose colored 3D homer glasses. I'm gonna go eat some Canes tonight baby! One love! But that's not gonna leave me any room for Popeyes...
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 09-11-2012 at 02:22 AM.

I don't understand your logic here.. When have saints fans given up on the team? I mean we've had worse seasons and we've sold out for how many straight seasons? New Orleans is a football city. Rose colored glasses? Come on now.

No one is giving up on the Saints. The only thing I'm saying is to try to just for a second to imagine the team is not doing well when the most anticipated season ever for the Hornets rolls around. 42 said that historically we've sold more tickets when the two were winning at the same time. We don't have a very large sample size for this. So the reason Im being called a heretic (even though I've only missed attending one Saints game since 1998) is that I'm suggesting that if the Saints keep losing during a year when people are curious about what basketball brings to the city you could see enlarged attendance #s this year. There will already be better #s to start with but I think this is going to bring something no one can account for. Is there a precedent for a year when the Hornets won games and the Saints did not? And if you don't know anyone who's thinking about giving up Saints season tickets so they can afford Hornets season tickets than let me be your first example. Sorry for thinking out loud next time I'll do it where there aren't so many stones lying openly on the ground.

Another consideration is that many people have season tickets, so there is no fund shifting for them.

If the team starts losing, more people will sell tickets on the open market for a lower price, likely chewing up more money for entertainment than the higher priced tickets in good times that are fewer in number.

If there were infinite tickets to each, I'd agree. Looking at the finite market, I'd say a good Saints season means fewer people buying tickets with discretionary funds and those cost more, leaving fired up fans with smaller amounts of money to spend but with no Saints outlet. Enter the Hornets.

Copy that. Ok. Good answer. Go Saints.

Stuff Does the Saints blown season increase Hornets ticket sales?

Does the Saints blown season increase Hornets ticket sales?

No.

Didn't we have a thread like this one not too long ago? Let me find it so this one can join it.

Thread Information