39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.38%
  • No

33 84.62%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade Jrue for...

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Jrue doesn't have an injury history, Rose does. I don't get what your debating here.
    That they have both had injury problems. The difference is what one party considers to be an often injured player.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That they have both had injury problems. The difference is what one party considers to be an often injured player.
    Other than this season, Jrue has never had an injury keep him out more than a handful of games. I don't see how you could say he has had injury problems.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    5 games in 4 years is not "injury problems".

a stress fracture that we had no need to rush him back from does not indicate "injury problems".

tearing your ACL, sitting out an entire season, then tearing another tendon in your other knee whils playing a total of 10 games out of a total of 164 IS an injury problem.

they are completely different and Jrue has nothing in common with Rose.

if Jrue comes back and injures his leg again maybe you could have an argument. right now you just come off as trying to come up with an excuse to complain about a Pelicans player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    5 games in 4 years is not "injury problems".

a stress fracture that we had no need to rush him back from does not indicate "injury problems".

tearing your ACL, sitting out an entire season, then tearing another tendon in your other knee whils playing a total of 10 games out of a total of 164 IS an injury problem.

they are completely different and Jrue has nothing in common with Rose.

if Jrue comes back and injures his leg again maybe you could have an argument. right now you just come off as trying to come up with an excuse to complain about a Pelicans player.
    Very well.

...we get to go McDonalds
    I haven't read the entire thread, but if the Magic offers us the 4th and 12th pick in this draft, you almost have to take it.

You would have essentially traded

6th last year and 10th this year

for

4th and 12th in this year's draft.

There's a clear better duo of picks there. I'm not saying it's better than Jrue Holiday, but if you're a GM, you have to consider this because it'll make you look good.

And don't forget we got Pierre Jackson too!!

The GOAT
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread, but if the Magic offers us the 4th and 12th pick in this draft, you almost have to take it.

You would have essentially traded

6th last year and 10th this year

for

4th and 12th in this year's draft.

There's a clear better duo of picks there. I'm not saying it's better than Jrue Holiday, but if you're a GM, you have to consider this because it'll make you look good.
    why do you have to take it?

it's a step backwards not forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    why do you have to take it?

it's a step backwards not forward.
    You don't have to take it. It's simply a trade that nets a win for yourself if you're a GM and that's what I was referring to. I personally would like to see our team fully healthy before making any moves, but I do have to say that the proposed Magic trade in this instance would be super tough to pass on with Embiid or Exum on the board --I've never seen Exum play, but I also like to gamble.

You don't have to take it. It's simply a trade that nets a win for yourself if you're a GM and that's what I was referring to. I personally would like to see our team fully healthy before making any moves, but I do have to say that the proposed Magic trade in this instance would be super tough to pass on with Embiid or Exum on the board --I've never seen Exum play, but I also like to gamble.
    If I trade $10 for $15, I don't have to take a trade of my $15 for $13, just because it is more than the original $10 I gave away

So you just want to make any trade for the sake of trading? That would be a horrible trade for us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Just for all you holiday fans out there... Exum is infinitely better and is going to be one of the best PGs in the league.

We gave up too much for Jrue. We screwed up with signing Gordon. Thanks a lot Dell. We have time but I'm really disappointed with those two moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Just for all you holiday fans out there... Exum is infinitely better and is going to be one of the best PGs in the league.

We gave up too much for Jrue. We screwed up with signing Gordon. Thanks a lot Dell. We have time but I'm really disappointed with those two moves.

I'm very high on exum, have been for a while now. He is the real deal IMO. I honestly think he's the best player in this draft in 4-5 years. I'd trade holiday for him in a heartbeat.

Boy oh boy. The draft really makes everyone lose their minds huh? I hope Dell has more patience than most of the people I'm seeing on here.
    Let me ask you this, in the last two years how many players were drafted who fit our needs now? How many of those players were drafted after the lotto (I don't see how we get a top 14 pick)? Even though this is a deep draft, I'm giving you two drafts to pull from. How many of those guys are clear upgrades from what we can get in free agency? I know the draft is exciting but some of you guys need to get back in touch with reality.

I also love that not a month ago everyone on here was preaching patience and chemistry and trying to have stability like the spurs. Now people are calling for a complete upheaval of our young core players for players with potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

The game is basketball. While accumulating and shuffling draft picks is a fun game to play while you are bored, it isn't basketball. Last year, we just had to have one of the following 3 guys at #6 who were the next big thing: Victor Olidipo, Keith Smart, or Otto Porter. None impress now. A year later it is Vonleh, Exum, or whoever. I have my doubts, to say the least. Holliday at his best (so far) is a top ten PG, at his worst (so far) a solid starter who missed half a season for us. Any of the players on the draft board could be injury prone, a head case, a lousy teammate, or have any number of problems that we know Holliday doesn't. Look at Portland with Greg Oden and Brandon Roy.

Let's hope Dell can pull off another deal like the Holliday trade to get us the next small forward to complete the basketball team. If we can turn our non-core players into draft picks that other teams over-value and will swap for better players, then we should do that.

Right, how could we forget that. Thanks for reminding us.

I like our team. would it be a step backwards? Who knows. But if it landed a center like Vonleh, I'd do it in a heart-beat.

Tyreke, Efrid
    Morrow
    Ariza
    Davis
    Vlnleh

in the end, the majority of guards picked ahead of elfrid payton wil be a mistake. He's that quick. If he woud have been the senior guarding McDermott it would've been ugly for Doug, for he's that quick.

you don't see 20, 5, and 5 too often in college. Kid's a baler
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 06-25-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

And Lebron James. Lebron James is the best of all time. I can't believe we traded for Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If I trade $10 for $15, I don't have to take a trade of my $15 for $13, just because it is more than the original $10 I gave away
    Jesus christ, you know Holiday's worth $15? No. What you do know is that 4 and 12, given the draft years, is greater than 6 and 10. If Holiday is worth $15 to you, of course, you don't make the trade. The only thing that we can both agree on is that 4 & 12 > 6 & 10. Where Holiday falls remains to be seen. I like the guy, I loved the trade last year and still love the trade. But 4 & 12 + $$$ is at least interesting to consider with this crop of prospects and it's clearly better than 6 & 10, which is my only point. Nothing more, nothing less.

And the Magic wouldn't consider this to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    The game is basketball. While accumulating and shuffling draft picks is a fun game to play while you are bored, it isn't basketball. Last year, we just had to have one of the following 3 guys at #6 who were the next big thing: Victor Olidipo, Keith Smart, or Otto Porter. None impress now. A year later it is Vonleh, Exum, or whoever. I have my doubts, to say the least. Holliday at his best (so far) is a top ten PG, at his worst (so far) a solid starter who missed half a season for us. Any of the players on the draft board could be injury prone, a head case, a lousy teammate, or have any number of problems that we know Holliday doesn't. Look at Portland with Greg Oden and Brandon Roy.

Let's hope Dell can pull off another deal like the Holliday trade to get us the next small forward to complete the basketball team. If we can turn our non-core players into draft picks that other teams over-value and will swap for better players, then we should do that.

I think getting rid of ROLO to make room for T Evans was a worse deal but I admittedly hate Reke's game.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I think getting rid of ROLO to make room for T Evans was a worse deal but I admittedly hate Reke's game.
    Really? You don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Really? You don't say.

my

Sorry, no way Jrue is better than Irving, Lillard or Rondo. Not even in the conversation with Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Rose and Parker. Comparable to Wall, Lowry and Lawson. Hasn't done anything to put him in the top ten in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    In no order

Paul
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Irving
    Rondo
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rose
    Lawson

I have Jrue in the mix with guys like Conley, Teague and Rubio.

You'd be lucky to get the 12th pick. No way could you get the 4 as well. People would actually turn this down?! Wow.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Lillard and Irving are only better offensive players than Jrue. If that's what you value highly for a PG, fine. No problem with putting them above them. But the gap between them is minimal at best.

Thread Information