Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SI thinks a rebrand is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    It could, but Arc Angels would be better.
    naw to many syllables. I preder the New Orleans Angels
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    naw to many syllables. I preder the New Orleans Angels
    It could be like Seattle Supersonics, where most people called them Sonics. Same with Arc Angels where people could call them Angels.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I doubt seriously that it will be either....
    Yea...hope it's neither.

It could, but Arc Angels would be better.
    Umm...no it wouldn't. The name doesn't make sense.

New Orleans Carnival

I really don't care for Mardi Gras themes since I don't care for Mardi Gras so Carnival is my last Mardi Gras suggestion.

The Franchise
    I really don't care for Mardi Gras themes since I don't care for Mardi Gras so Carnival is my last Mardi Gras suggestion.
    Appreciate the effort, but so far I am not a fan of any of the ideas - in fact they are horrible. Krewe hopefully would be the obvious choice
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post

Umm...no it wouldn't. The name doesn't make sense.
    Of course it does. I explained earlier how Arc and Angels symbolizes New Orleans and basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    Appreciate the effort, but so far I am not a fan of any of the ideas - in fact they are horrible. Krewe hopefully would be the obvious choice
    Krewe's ok, but its not a home run IMO.

Brass!
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Krewe or Brass would be ideal.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I've grown to like Brass personally. But I'd be fine with Krewe. As long as they keep it tasteful and don't over do it with something like po boys... ugh..

Of course it does. I explained earlier how Arc and Angels symbolizes New Orleans and basketball.
    But together it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    But together it doesn't make sense.
    Its sort of a basketball pun with a New Orleans twist. Archangels is the correct term, but Arc Angels would work better in a basketball/New Orleans way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    Might be the most positive article about New Orleans in general...really does reflect how most of us in this region feel. The TV viewership ratings are more than impressive (can't imagine if EVERYONE could actually view the games) and confirms what I have heard: Stern is obssesed with making this work and why I (and a few others) feel Chouest is going to be the new owner. Stern should recieve a standing ovation next time he shoes up at the Arena - seriously.
    The quote you had didn't makr it over, but I that point in an article this past summer.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2011/...del-franchise/

Therefore, I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm partial to Brass, but "Krewe of New Orleans" is pretty cool too. Arc Angels is too long and kinda stupid. I'm a huge fan of the old ABA, but the New Orleans Bucs thing has passed. Plus Milwaukee Bucks--New Orleans Bucs...

BOOM loved this article. FINALLY A POSITIVE WRITE UP ON NEW ORLEANS.

Wasn't trying to steal your "Surge" idea earlier @Hornets78, I knew someone on HR had suggested it previously just didn't know who. I like it though, its catchy and unique. Also, after your explanation of ArcAngels I like that idea more as well though I will admit that it is a mouth full and kind of nerdy, no offense. My favorite is still the Brass with a navy blue and gold color scheme

78, Arc Angels sounds pretty B.A. to me, I think you've made the best argument for your idea. I also really like some of the other ideas but would like to see some others make cases for their respective ideas.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    New Orleans Honey Badgers

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Personally, I like the Arc Angels idea. Not saying I'm endorsing it, but it's more along the lines of what I want to see. Maybe I'm on my own here, but I don't want just another obvious cultural icon that the rest of the country sees us as (Jazz, Brass, Voodoo, Pelicans, etc.). Instead, I feel like it would be good to make a name based on the connection this city has with its sports teams. That's the bit I like about the Arc Angels idea, as Hornets78 stated: the three point arc is a basketball team, as well as the fact that it refers to the crescent city connection - a bridge that unifies the westbank and the eastbank. To me this kind of shows the unity of people coming together to form one city. Why can't we pick something that ties along with our passion and commitment to the teams we love? I'm not good at picking names, but what about the New Orleans Ouroboros. I know it sounds a bit silly, but check out the meaning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros First of all, a dragon eating itself is pretty awesome. Plus the ring could definitely be basketball incorporated as an icon. I know it probably won't be a popular choice, but can anyone think of any names along these lines? We're looking to use this re-brand as a re-birth. Just hashing up old ideas doesn't seem to be the right idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    Wasn't trying to steal your "Surge" idea earlier @Hornets78, I knew someone on HR had suggested it previously just didn't know who. I like it though, its catchy and unique. Also, after your explanation of ArcAngels I like that idea more as well though I will admit that it is a mouth full and kind of nerdy, no offense. My favorite is still the Brass with a navy blue and gold color scheme
    I know you didn't steal it.

I remember Storm Surge or Surge wasn't too popular either. It has a nice ring to it. Depends how you define Surge. Electrical or water?
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 03-31-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Personally, I like the Arc Angels idea. Not saying I'm endorsing it, but it's more along the lines of what I want to see. Maybe I'm on my own here, but I don't want just another obvious cultural icon that the rest of the country sees us as (Jazz, Brass, Voodoo, Pelicans, etc.). Instead, I feel like it would be good to make a name based on the connection this city has with its sports teams. That's the bit I like about the Arc Angels idea, as Hornets78 stated: the three point arc is a basketball team, as well as the fact that it refers to the crescent city connection - a bridge that unifies the westbank and the eastbank. To me this kind of shows the unity of people coming together to form one city. Why can't we pick something that ties along with our passion and commitment to the teams we love? I'm not good at picking names, but what about the New Orleans Ouroboros. I know it sounds a bit silly, but check out the meaning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros First of all, a dragon eating itself is pretty awesome. Plus the ring could definitely be basketball incorporated as an icon. I know it probably won't be a popular choice, but can anyone think of any names along these lines? We're looking to use this re-brand as a re-birth. Just hashing up old ideas doesn't seem to be the right idea to me.
    I agree. This rebrand is important. Its easy to use old simple terms, but in order to really gain attention, the rebrand will have to be a home run. Ouroborosis is obviously out there, but we do need an out of the box thinking to get this right. I want this rebrand to be a home run, not a single. Not saying Arc Angels is that, but there is a home run out there.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 03-31-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    I also like the navy blue and gold color scheme.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quite frankly I think storm surge or anything like that is offensive and would do more to damage the relationship with the city and region.

The New Orleans Bounties Hunters =)

More seriously, what does Krewe mean ?? (french fan here)

Thread Information