Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Not sure which is right (as this just says "figure to recieve").
    Its all cool. My figures are "worst case scenero" Maybe Dell has us closer then we think.

I decided to find the salary range that makes this deal work by adding in just one other team to take Warrick and send something to the Hornets.

That is $2,600,000 - $2,856,708 generically, but can differ specifically. The former is the smallest amount that can be sent by a team using the TPE and still take in Warrick. The larger is the amount that a team can send to the Hornets and still give Lopez the amount in the `first trade' if it was legal, $4,899,293, in the first year. This avoides the aggregation scenario. This is a narrow range.

Teams with cap room can clearly send out less if they have the room take in Warrick.

Bobcats. No player on their team fits the bill according to Hoopshype but does according to Shamsports, but they have some cap room (I think). Hoopshype's total salary doesn;t match their listed salaries.

Either way, Reggie Williams works of Shamports is right, doesn't work if Hoopshype is right. I'll try to get some confirmation.

One it's face this doesn't seem insane, but the Bobcats may be persuaded if given a pick package. A second from someone? Suns? Thoughts?

I'll work on the Carl thing, and I'll look for someone on another team to that might fit the bill here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Now that you mention it. I'm wondering if we are maybe tying to squeeze more out of Minny. They signed ak-47 thinking the deal was done. Maybe Rubio? Haha
    I'm not joking at all. I took a nap earlier after I worked out, and I had a dream that this exact thing happened. Minny needed the deal to go through because they already signed AK47, so we made them take Lopez and we got Pekovic.

EDIT: This is it.

We get: Pekovic and Warrick

Suns get: Miller, X, and Wes Johnson + Minny's 1st round pick

Minny gets: Lopez, and Dyson + two 2nd round picks from NOH

Pekovic and Lopez have the same salary, so it really wouldn't harm the financial side of the trade. Kahn is a complete moron, so something like this could work.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 07-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I decided to find the salary range that makes this deal work by adding in just one other team to take Warrick and send something to the Hornets.

That is $2,600,000 - $2,856,708 generically, but can differ specifically. The former is the smallest amount that can be sent by a team using the TPE and still take in Warrick. The larger is the amount that a team can send to the Hornets and still give Lopez the amount in the `first trade' if it was legal, $4,899,293, in the first year. This avoides the aggregation scenario. This is a narrow range.

Teams with cap room can clearly send out less if they have the room take in Warrick.

Bobcats. No player on their team fits the bill according to Hoopshype but does according to Shamsports, but they have some cap room (I think). Hoopshype's total salary doesn;t match their listed salaries.

Either way, Reggie Williams works of Shamports is right, doesn't work if Hoopshype is right. I'll try to get some confirmation.

One it's face this doesn't seem insane, but the Bobcats may be persuaded if given a pick package. A second from someone? Suns? Thoughts?

I'll work on the Carl thing, and I'll look for someone on another team to that might fit the bill here.
    Thanks Jason for all your hard work!

Assuming that we sighed Rivers for the 120% scale, we can sign Carl to a $3,656,551 if we waive Dyson and Thomas and Miller's nonguaranteed portion, and you can knock over $0.75m off of that if we don't waive or send out at least one, and we may have to even if we send them out. . . I'm not sure what the `timing' of this stuff is. Clearly we'll get rid of Dyson, but I'm not sure about Thomas. Let's just assume. The deal rises to $4,029,611 if Rivers signed for 100% scale, as reported by the TP (this would be an off occurrence, but we'll consider it). These are the biggest salaries we can give, depening on the situation. Also, we can't aggregate with Dyson since we waived him in this exercise.

Anything we take back, which can be up to near $6m can't be aggregated, but it could be traded to PHX immediately along for Lopez and Warrick. This player at that exact salary, however, does not exist. Also, if he did, PHX would not want the salary on the books. Miller is desirable because he allows them to dump salary. The Bobcats don't have the player to move or one PHX would want, I think.

Diop fits if we toss in Henry, but I'm not sure they'd want to add a player (rather than a straight swap), and then we'd have Diop . . . but we are looking for Lopez.

I just don't see the Carl thing working. I could be missing something obvious since I'm strictly looking to make this work with the existing broken deal.

Whatcha see?
    Last edited by 42; 07-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I see this deal falling apart and the Hornets looking for another career backup center.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Why the hell would Minny send us Pekovic?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Because the Hornets are more important than any other team. How can you not see that?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Why the hell would Minny send Wes Johnson and a 1st round pick to Phoenix for nothing?

By the way, it was a joke. Designated by my "I had a dream" disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm not joking at all. I took a nap earlier after I worked out, and I had a dream that this exact thing happened. Minny needed the deal to go through because they already signed AK47, so we made them take Lopez and we got Pekovic.

EDIT: This is it.

We get: Pekovic and Warrick

Suns get: Miller, X, and Wes Johnson + Minny's 1st round pick

Minny gets: Lopez, and Dyson + two 2nd round picks from NOH

Pekovic and Lopez have the same salary, so it really wouldn't harm the financial side of the trade. Kahn is a complete moron, so something like this could work.
    Why the hell would Minny send Wes Johnson and a 1st round pick to Phoenix for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Sarcasm isn't translated well via internet. You don't know me, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Anyway, should you head back to your Suns board now? I think your trolling business is done here.

I'm going to ignore teams with space here. If a team had enough space to help us out, Minne would just work with them directly, likely, sending them a pick. Space is so hard to see with cap holds etc, I'm ignoring it.

Mostly ignoring basketball implications, only looking at the teams that can help with cap space or players on nonrookie deals, perhaps with some comments, here are the players that fit the salary range for this trade according to Shamsports:

Reggie Williams, Bobcats

Alonzo Gee, Cleveland (he's unsigned, but there is a QO figure for him on the books)

That's all I saw.

Quentin Richardson works and has a player option for next year. Everything else I saw was people on rookie deals, and I'm not sure the teams would want to part, etc.

I'll look again, I suppose.

Sarcasm isn't translated well via internet. You don't know me, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Anyway, should you head back to your Suns board now? I think your trolling business is done here.
    But you said not joking. That's means you can't joke about anything. Sure, you meant not joking about the dream, which is fancy, and Freud might say wish fulfillment, but this is too heady . . . No joking for you.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    But you said not joking. That's means you can't joke about anything. Sure, you meant not joking about the dream, which is fancy, and Freud might say wish fulfillment, but this is too heady . . . No joking for you.
    ummmm....will he still be able to get some soup?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    ummmm....will he still be able to get some soup?
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Assuming that we sighed Rivers for the 120% scale, we can sign Carl to a $3,656,551 if we waive Dyson and Thomas and Miller's nonguaranteed portion, and you can knock over $0.75m off of that if we don't waive or send out at least one, and we may have to even if we send them out. . . I'm not sure what the `timing' of this stuff is. Clearly we'll get rid of Dyson, but I'm not sure about Thomas. Let's just assume. The deal rises to $4,029,611 if Rivers signed for 100% scale, as reported by the TP (this would be an off occurrence, but we'll consider it). These are the biggest salaries we can give, depening on the situation. Also, we can't aggregate with Dyson since we waived him in this exercise.

Anything we take back, which can be up to near $6m can't be aggregated, but it could be traded to PHX immediately along for Lopez and Warrick. This player at that exact salary, however, does not exist. Also, if he did, PHX would not want the salary on the books. Miller is desirable because he allows them to dump salary. The Bobcats don't have the player to move or one PHX would want, I think.

Diop fits if we toss in Henry, but I'm not sure they'd want to add a player (rather than a straight swap), and then we'd have Diop . . . but we are looking for Lopez.

I just don't see the Carl thing working. I could be missing something obvious since I'm strictly looking to make this work with the existing broken deal.

Whatcha see?
    Honestly, I see no way this deal happens as structured. We can't add Landry to send out because we renounced his rights, so I have no idea. We're gonna have to find someone to take Henry for a 2nd maybe? What do you think about the Suns writer who said the hold up isn't the Hornets cap situation? He can't b right can he?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Honestly, I see no way this deal happens as structured. We can't add Landry to send out because we renounced his rights, so I have no idea. We're gonna have to find someone to take Henry for a 2nd maybe? What do you think about the Suns writer who said the hold up isn't the Hornets cap situation? He can't b right can he?
    I do think the Suns are holding up this deal, not sure if they want to let go of Lopez. We all know that Minn wants the cap space to sign AK-47. Everyone knows the Hornets need a center with girth. The Suns are playing games here ...

It's just the rules of trades, the needs of everyone, and the structure of the contracts. It would be fine if Miller's deal was able to be aggregated, a technical point.

Agreed about Landry fixing things . . . it doesn't.

I think the Warrick-Williams flip makes it all work, if Shamsports is right and hoopshype is wrong.

Everyone wants the deal to work just about as it is . . . the teams should be able to convince Charlotte to get involved.

Removing Dyson frees up more space for Minne, so they may be able to free up a pick to send to Charlotte, as Phoenix might since they are the only ones not parting with a pick in the deal. The teams can send up to $3m total to Charlotte (if they haven't gotten cash so far), which can pay for the difference in salary and give the ownership something for their trouble.

Both players are expiring forwards with about $1.5m difference in salary, and neither is anything to write home about.

I see it as plausible.

There is no comparison between Pekovic and Johnson. One has performed beyond all expectations while the other is a bust. That proposal is not realistic at all.

My sources tell me the deal will get done today.

i lost the overview here, so I don't know if that was already posted :

Paul Coro: There'll be no resolution on the Lopez/Warrick trade today but the 3-way deal's chances have improved. The hang-up isn't NO's cap situation

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Pon View Post
    i lost the overview here, so I don't know if that was already posted :

Paul Coro: There'll be no resolution on the Lopez/Warrick trade today but the 3-way deal's chances have improved. The hang-up isn't NO's cap situation
    Yes it was posted on page 47.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    My sources tell me the deal will get done today.
    And who are your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    And who are your sources?
    Some guy named Chance. The Suns beat writer Coro seemed to imply it will happen today or it won't happen at all so today is the day to go out on a limb with "sources". FWIW a guy on another message board said he saw Lopez at Ochsner today. If that's true then he's probably getting a physical and the Hornets think the deal is going through.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Some guy named Chance. The Suns beat writer Coro seemed to imply it will happen today or it won't happen at all so today is the day to go out on a limb with "sources". FWIW a guy on another message board said he saw Lopez at Ochsner today. If that's true then he's probably getting a physical and the Hornets think the deal is going through.
    and its kind of hard to confuse him with someone else with that hair

Thread Information