Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [S8] Weeks 3-4 Results

Dammit Inner GI, your team cost me a 5-2 sim.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Carl Landry is blowing my mind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Dammit Inner GI, your team cost me a 5-2 sim.
    You were underestimating me... All "Oh and I play that **** team from Portland..."

Shareef coming off the bench worked pretty nicely. Barely escaped Clipperland with a win for the last game of the sim, JJ 29 points, EB 29 Points, everyone else 5 points or less
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

The standings are crazy right now. I guarantee I lose at most 1 game over next sim, anyone want to bet their first round pick against me?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You were underestimating me... All "Oh and I play that **** team from Portland..."
    Can't believe the FT discrepancy. Ridiculous home cooking. I'm the 3rd in the league in FTs allowed and yet you 44 attempts. Landry was held to 7-21 shooting but he got 19 FT attempts. However, the big reason my team lost was they missed 14 out of 29 attempts. That loss hurt. I would be tied with the Suns for first in the west. Can't believe how good Landry is. He makes your team a legitimate playoff threat.

Hell yeah, what a sim for Easy P!! Spurs blew up going 5-2

Can't believe the FT discrepancy. Ridiculous home cooking. I'm the 3rd in the league in FTs allowed and yet you 44 attempts. Landry was held to 7-21 shooting but he got 19 FT attempts. However, the big reason my team lost was they missed 14 out of 29 attempts. That loss hurt. I would be tied with the Suns for first in the west. Can't believe how good Landry is. He makes your team a legitimate playoff threat.
    Landry is a FT machine. He gets double digits a game. Also MY MAN Landry has 12 double doubles in 16 games.

Can't complain with the start. Lost close games at Lakers and then home against the Pacers. 8 of my 11 have been on the road. 76ers had a better team and better gameplan there for my 3rd loss. Won against Wizards avenging a day 1 loss. Beat the Hawks and Cavs.

Let me go and check the stats and get back to you on individual performances but love what I'm seeing from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Landry is a FT machine. He gets double digits a game. Also MY MAN Landry has 12 double doubles in 16 games.
    Ernest Brown got 11 as well

Looks like it is gonna be a long season for me. A few positives though. Bobby Simmons averaging nearly 20ppg and Yi playin well also

Whole. Team. On. Block. Send. Offers.

Send. A. Dumb. Offer. I. Will. Swear. At. You. Profusely.

That. Is. All.

I'm. Not. Joking. Either.

Ernest Brown got 11 as well
    Could you imagine if they would actually hit more than 50% of them. My team would be so much better. Instead, I'm in the bottom third of the league in FT%... I wish we could train FT.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    Whole. Team. On. Block. Send. Offers.

Send. A. Dumb. Offer. I. Will. Swear. At. You. Profusely.

That. Is. All.

I'm. Not. Joking. Either.
    Rant #1

I didnt envision Olowokandi averaging a double double when I signed him, if my big 3 can start shooting better from 3 ill be solid.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Yup

Pretty satisfied with this sim. Lost by 1 point to the grizz or else it'd been a winning sim. Beat some good teams. Making progress tho and that's all I can ask for at this point. Robinson is a disappointment thus far at pg.

First thing I did when I saw scores was see how Nick Collison matched up with Etan Thomas. Nick dominated Etan that game (Etan did play C and PF). 33 pts. 21 rebounds. Etan fouled out in 21 minutes. It's an old battle that I believe someone said was a terrible decision that I kept Collison because I let him go "for the price of a peanut". Xist it's nothing against you. I just wanted to see how my guy did against his teammate last year.

I haven't looked at anything else. Time to do that now.

PR Sim League

On another note, I fully expect to get my @$$ handed to me by xist next game.

Quote Originally Posted by gmessi2 View Post
    First thing I did when I saw scores was see how Nick Collison matched up with Etan Thomas. Nick dominated Etan that game (Etan did play C and PF). 33 pts. 21 rebounds. Etan fouled out in 21 minutes. It's an old battle that I believe someone said was a terrible decision that I kept Collison because I let him go "for the price of a peanut". Xist it's nothing against you. I just wanted to see how my guy did against his teammate last year.

I haven't looked at anything else. Time to do that now.
    last game was nuts

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    last game was nuts

Just checked out that game. WOW. Combined 22 points in the 4th quarter and I only had 18 points in the second half. That is ridiculous D.

And you hurt Nesterovic. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPaulyP View Post
    I didnt envision Olowokandi averaging a double double when I signed him, if my big 3 can start shooting better from 3 ill be solid.
    Olowokandi is secretly a good player. Bipolar, but good.

Will win games for you then completely disappear at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Q-rich has been a pleasant surprise. Looks as if my team is just good enough to fight for a playoff spot. Averaging a whopping 89 PPG so far. Looking to Felton and/or AK-47. HMU.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    Q-rich has been a pleasant surprise. Looks as if my team is just good enough to fight for a playoff spot. Averaging a whopping 89 PPG so far. Looking to Felton and/or AK-47. HMU.
    I love Q Rich and that contract. Very good role player.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information