Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Season 3 - Weeks 23 and 24 Results

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

missed the playoffs... don't have the 7 8 or 9th pick

don't win the lottery!

blehhh what a collapse. Oh well I got a feeling next year will be my time after I upgrade RJ and sign a SG with my 20 mil

Do winning streaks include playoff victories?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Went 5-3 this sim including beating the Knicks (delivering a knockout blow), Lakers and an undermanned Hornets in this sim. Somehow lost to the Magic.

Won 7 more games than last season. Hopefully Manu steps up, Wally Z, Etan, and Drew Gooden improve, plus get another solid player in the draft. I'm gonna miss the sims this season

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

This sim also provided me with wins over the Lakers and Spurs for the first time since the 2000-2001 season.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    4-3... Made the playoffs in the 6th seed... Lost Antonio DAvis with Patella Tendonitis... BLAH

Dang, T-Wolves, Sonics, and Cavs are in a 3 way tie for the 7th pick. Wonder who'll get it come lotto time?
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Make it Rain and Trell owe me for delivering a knockout blow to the Knicks.

I'm gonna miss simming with my team. We didn't fare to well towards the end, but its a young team who should get better. I hope Etan Thomas wins most improved player. Manu made all rookie team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    finished 5th seed... I'll take it

I don't know what it's going to take for Vince to beat out Ray Allen in the All-NBA rankings though :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I'm gonna miss simming with my team. We didn't fare to well towards the end, but its a young team who should get better. I hope Etan Thomas wins most improved player. Manu made all rookie team.
    This is like the 3rd or 4th post I've seen about MIP, as the Awards Tracker Guy, I feel obligated to say this, I don't think we have MIP guys

Hall of Famer
    Hallelujah, we held on. I really didn't want to miss out on the playoffs.

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    finished 5th seed... I'll take it

I don't know what it's going to take for Vince to beat out Ray Allen in the All-NBA rankings though :'(
    Ray's Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    This is like the 3rd or 4th post I've seen about MIP, as the Awards Tracker Guy, I feel obligated to say this, I don't think we have MIP guys
    Well, Etan will always be most improved in my heart

Make it Rain and Trell owe me for delivering a knockout blow to the Knicks.
    I noticed. Appreciate that!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Well didn't win too many games but kept my playoff spot....and now I face the Clippers who beat me like every game this season.............
    Last edited by wuggie; 10-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

finally caught up to the wizards even though it didnt matter.. gonna be a good fight with them in the first round

Went 5-3 this sim including beating the Knicks (delivering a knockout blow), Lakers and an undermanned Hornets in this sim. Somehow lost to the Magic.

Won 7 more games than last season. Hopefully Manu steps up, Wally Z, Etan, and Drew Gooden improve, plus get another solid player in the draft. I'm gonna miss the sims this season
    You do realize the lakers were undermanned as well, correct ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Really bad place to be for my team. Too bad for the playoffs. Too good for the lottery. I could easily have yanked my best players towards the end but I didn't. Now I'm going to get screwed because of it.

Guys like PJ Brown and Cliff Robinson have no business being on your team. You should be playing young at this point. A 37 year old really isn't needed at this point sir. you've got a good core though.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Guys like PJ Brown and Cliff Robinson have no business being on your team. You should be playing young at this point. A 37 year old really isn't needed at this point sir. you've got a good core though.
    I get that, but if I bench PJ Brown (who was obtained because he was an expiring) then I'll be accused of tanking. Brown is a better center than Chandler as of right now. He'll be off the team next year. Also, in the offseason, I'll be looking to trade Cliff to a contender. I wanted veteran bench presence because I thought I might be a fringe playoff team this year. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I get that, but if I bench PJ Brown (who was obtained because he was an expiring) then I'll be accused of tanking. Brown is a better center than Chandler as of right now. He'll be off the team next year. Also, in the offseason, I'll be looking to trade Cliff to a contender. I wanted veteran bench presence because I thought I might be a fringe playoff team this year. I was wrong.
    I'm not sure many would accuse you of tanking for playing TC over PJ. I sure wouldn't. I was mainly talking about this offseason though not this year. I realize PJ was part of a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not sure many would accuse you of tanking for playing TC over PJ. I sure wouldn't. I was mainly talking about this offseason though not this year. I realize PJ was part of a trade.
    I certainly wouldn't either. Heck it took until almost the end of the year for anyone to accuse CWilder and nobody did because he was starting Magloire over Robinson it was just the fact Robinson didn't play period. If TC played the bulk of the minutes especially down the stretch I don't think anyone would have accused tanking. It's when it's obvious in the presason what your doing, it's obvious inseason with your lineup and it's obvious mid-late season when you are not changing anything to better the team.
    #FREEQUAIL

I guess that makes sense, but I keep hearing "put your best lineup out there." So that's why I did it.

Thread Information