Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marco throws Hornets under the bus

Marco throws Hornets under the bus

According to Hoopshype, Marco has blamed his poor performance through the preseason on learning a new system, also noting that he's never played with a top-level team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he play with DWest and CP3? How "top-level" is Chicago without D-Rose?

Presto, Marco, non ci saranno piu' scuse per la tua capacita' scarsa!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Don't see it.

I couldn't care less about Marco Belinelli.

Hey Marco, if we weren't top level part of it's because of all the bricks you laid while wearing a Hornet uni.

There have been times through the first three preseason games that the moment has appeared to be too big for Marco Belinelli.

On Monday, the Bulls shooting guard admitted that so far it has been.

“I don’t want to use this as an excuse, but for me it’s a new system, and for me this is really the first time I’ve played with a top-level team,’’ Belinelli confessed.

Obviously, life with playoff-challenged teams such as Golden State, Toronto and New Orleans over the last five seasons hasn’t prepared the 6-5 scorer for the Bulls, or more specifically, life with coach Tom Thibodeau. But Belinelli might want to get over those feelings of being overwhelmed real soon, like starting tonight when the team hosts the Milwaukee Bucks at the United Center.

There are big plans for this team, as far as Thibodeau is *concerned, and it’s either all-in or in the way.

“The big thing is the attitude and approach, concentrate on the improvement,’’ Thibodeau said. “Knowing what your job is is very important, and then going out and doing your job, those are two big pieces you’ve got to get right. We’re getting there in that area. And the big thing is knowing when to shoot, knowing when to pass, knowing our schemes defensively, and staying disciplined. We’ve hit a few snags.’’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...us-system.html

Good luck with Brickanelli Chicago. He's clutch.........

David West did something similar when he left and then went a step further and said he never played with a center as good as Roy Hibbert.

Hey David- when Hibbert averages 12 and 12 in a season a covers all of your defensive mistakes, let me know! -- Tyson Chandler
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    What a bum. Even happier hes gone.

Irrational confidence.

Marco cuffs his skinny jeans......whatever he says is irrelavant...

Re: Marco throws Hornets under the bus

Damn, y'all are some vindictive people. The Hornets were not a top 4 seed in their conference when Marco was on the team. A 6-8th seed is not a top team. Even injured as they are, the Bulls should be right around the three or four seed in the East.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Damn, y'all are some vindictive people. The Hornets were not a top 4 seed in their conference when Marco was on the team. A 6-8th seed is not a top team. Even injured as they are, the Bulls should be right around the three or four seed in the East.

I'm thinking 6-8 seed, but I agree. I dont think anything he said was off base, but there was no reason it needed to be said. He could have been like "It's my first year in a new scheme and with that there's an adjustment period." Sometimes athetes are pretty short sided in their comments, then again it's not like he's the President of a PR firm either.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Worst shooter whose specialty is shooting in history of nba. We weren't elite-fact. You made us farther from elite -fact.

Re: Marco throws Hornets under the bus

His 3pt% was pretty good for us... :shrug:

Lol I can't wait to see Chicago facepalm when they realize that Marco is no Kyle Korver.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Aww I forgot Marco was even on the team last year. He has confidence issues and I think he's a more overall scorer than he is a shooter.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

That was a completely valid statement to honest, I don't really see that as him throwing us under the bus

Not a top level team but ironically it's the only one he's been to the playoffs with.

Anyways, good luck Marco. Except when you play the Hornets, or........

anyone else.

The Bulls are gonna love his defense. Good riddance to him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who was he again?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who was he again?
    The shooter that couldn't shoot

Wonder if Chicago has ordered the Italian flags to fly when he makes a 3.

The Franchise
    Wonder if Chicago has ordered the Italian flags to fly IF he makes a 3.

FIFY

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Honestly, who cares? He's a depth/bench player, nothing more. He's delusional if he thinks otherwise.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I hated marco on this team;.. just hated how bad he was, watching hornets games was painful seeing how many bricks he put up.. when he was always wide open. And he never had a passion for the game.. hated him

Thread Information