Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

Pelicans Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.

LMA is what? 6 years older and on a team that made the 2nd round of the playoffs last year? His time is now or never. Same goes from Westbrook.

Completely different situation than AD. As was already mentioned by reporters AD wanted to go back the same game but doctors held him out because he didn't have full motion without substantial pain.

Banned
    His jumper is soft.

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    His jumper is soft.
    like silk?

Yet he's playing in the AS game this sunday? Even Monty admitted he babys him. I know he's gonna be an all time great. But its about time to start showing some dog down the stretch so he isnt targeted like Blake is.

Banned
    His presence tonight leads to a win. Wins are very important right now.

It is shocking he sat.

Kobe would never sit in this position. Kobe is the greatest since MJ and top 5 all time and that should be who Davis looks up to.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    His presence tonight leads to a win. Wins are very important right now.

It is shocking he sat.

Kobe would never sit in this position. Kobe is the greatest since MJ and top 5 all time and that should be who Davis looks up to.
    You're presence will lead to my insanity.
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    l

like silk?
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew&Jrue View Post
    You're presence will lead to my insanity.
    ANd mine

Btw westbrook is only 26

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_PELMO View Post
    Btw westbrook is only 26
    So 5 years older than AD, already well into his max contract, and on a team that has made deep playoff runs?

Totally the same dude. Totally the same.

He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.
    You got to stop smoking and posting dude...are you serious ? There's still a lot of basketball after the AS break. ..why risk it tonight or Wednesday

As long as Monty is coaching this team he is going to encourage this sort of precautionary behavior. It's just in his nature. I can't count how many times journalists, our announcers, Monty himself or people around him say that he is the voice that often tells guys not to risk it.

I honestly can't say I blame him most of the time. I would rather lose 1 or 2 games because we sat a guy that probably could of played instead of pushing him through an injury like a guy like Thibs would do and end up with someone like Davis having a career like Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    You got to stop smoking and posting dude...are you serious ? There's still a lot of basketball after the AS break. ..why risk it tonight or Wednesday
    Somehow the 50-something'th game is one to take serious risk on, especially when it's likely 1 or 2 games max. Aldridge had the choice between missing weeks or months vs. playing through. It was a pointless comparison by him.

You're confusing age with attitude. Some players just don't have a dog mentality. And if you continue to coddle them they'll never develop the alpha dog mentality you need to win BIG. Shaq mentions this all the time. Russell finished a game with a torn meniscus. Tyreke hardly ever misses a game. AD missed what? 2 games? with a chest contusion. Do you honestly think anything whatsoever will affect AD's contract situation? I mean come on

AD is tough as diamond, first off.

However, in the best interest of the pelicans and us as fans; let's get our star player fully recovered and not risk further injury.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hell yeah. AD's hands are crazy soft.

I actually dont smoke. But to answer your question we would need to win a minimum of 20 games post AS break to even have a chance at making the playoffs. also from the looks of things the we may also be competing for a spot with the clippers soon. how long do you want to wait to gain some form of consistency?

You're confusing age with attitude. Some players just don't have a dog mentality. And if you continue to coddle them they'll never develop the alpha dog mentality you need to win BIG. Shaq mentions this all the time. Russell finished a game with a torn meniscus. Tyreke hardly ever misses a game. AD missed what? 2 games? with a chest contusion. Do you honestly think anything whatsoever will affect AD's contract situation? I mean come on
    Shaq missed a 3rd of a season because he refused to rehab in the offseason. Russell's won nothing. And Tim Duncan's never played with a Torn Meniscus, nor Lebron. It also gives the rest of his team a chance to get better with each other since his 20 shots are gone from the game.

.....sooo if the pelicans miss the playoffs by 1 game? Like the suns last year

I actually dont smoke. But to answer your question we would need to win a minimum of 20 games post AS break to even have a chance at making the playoffs. also from the looks of things the we may also be competing for a spot with the clippers soon. how long do you want to wait to gain some form of consistency?
    Till our best 6 players play more than 12 games together.

.....sooo if the pelicans miss the playoffs by 1 game? Like the suns last year
    A yank on that shoulder by favors and he could miss 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Shaq missed a 3rd of a season because he refused to rehab in the offseason. Russell's won nothing. And Tim Duncan's never played with a Torn Meniscus, nor Lebron. It also gives the rest of his team a chance to get better with each other since his 20 shots are gone from the game.
    Hell, Lebron basically has to be carted off in a wheelchair every time he gets HGH cramps.

So this sunday is he gonna tell everyone "hey watch my shoulder"?

He's not soft, but he's fragile. Bang him up in the paint and he won't last the whole game.

Thread Information