Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Not that it leads any credence to it being Brass, but you really think that Brees cares about twitter hits?
    Yes. Brees has sponsorships on Facebook and Twitter and pimps those companies. The more hits, retweets, and followers he has, the more money he can get, I would imagine. Marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanHornet42 View Post
    ok for you nationals the rebrand would be good (i read a lot of things why you want this). but for us "world" fans it would be a sad day. i was a hornet fan since the days in charlotte, not a fan from the town charlotte but from the coulors the team and HUGO .
    later, after the move to new orleans i said to me it doesnt matter in witch town they play, still a hornet. my interessts now on the team growes the last 3 years and i could identify me with new orleans as city too. i read mutch about NO and i liked it, it will be one of my first visiting points if i could travel so far sometimes. i stay as a fan from NOLA doesnt matter witch name comes but for me it would be strange to see hornets back in charlotte, maybe like to see a ex girlfriend you loved so mutch but you now you have a better girl on your site now.
    That's the idea. Give it a try.

i will, and i have to rebrand my nickname too,

Just read this hilarious story on another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by some guy
    I work on ships - often off the coast of Louisiana. I remember one time when we were out 100 miles from shore and a HUGE pelican showed up out of nowhere. It wouldn't go away.

Everyday it just **** all over the place. The entire bow and helideck of the ship were covered in pelican ****.

The 1st mate tried to scare it away by spraying it with water through a hose. The pelican just acted like it was thankful for the bath.

Next he took to throwing spare bolts at it. He hit it square in the side several times and even heard the "thunk" of the bolts hitting it directly in the meat of its body. The pelican just flew up, came back down, and then took more gigantic ****s on the deck of the ship.

We thought it was a magical bird because how did it survive for nearly a week without fresh water while painting an entire ship with its own ****? We'll never know....

But maybe that's what they were going for with the New Orlean Pelicans. You can throw anything you can think of at them, but they'll continue to **** all over you.

that's actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanHornet42 View Post
    i will, and i have to rebrand my nickname too,
    you and my both, ill guess ill be RealPelicansFan..a little close to republican lol

WhoDatPelican. I'm for it.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Just read this hilarious story on another forum:
    I'm freakin crying
    Wherehappens.

Haha, love it!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    After last night, I'm starting to grow more comfortable with Pelicans. While I don't believe it is the best name, I think it will become more liked with time. Think if Denver had a different name and came out to rebrand as the Nuggets. People would laugh and hate it. I think we'll be fine.
    My buddies have already started the "it's growing on me" routine.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar

RE: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Go Pelicans!! Eating the competition alive
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

#Let'sGoPels
    #WhoDatNation
    #GoRays

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    This. To reiterate. The fact of the matter is most of the people complaining that I see aren't from NOLA. They don't live here. Quite frankly, and I know I'm about to ruffle some feathers (not that I care), those people's opinions don't matter that much to me. If you are jumping off the bandwagon because of a nickname and some colors you were never really on it to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    Man you and I are on the same page today. This is not a international team it's New Orleans team and thats all that matters.

You are really short of sight if you think like this. I also don't care about what you think or not, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    My buddies have already started the "it's growing on me" routine.
    I guess I need to realize that we've known about all the possibilities for a long time, for most of them it's their first time hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    What? No they aren't separate at all.
    How many teams have changed logo's and team colors while keeping the same team name? If they were connected then every time a team changed colors, unis, and/or logo's they would have to change the team name.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    You stated that those that did not like the team and claimed they would support a team with that name - "I'm like, BYE! C'ya! They won't be missed." This team needs all the supporters it can get. So people who stop supporting would certainly be missed.
    Oh I see. Well it's nothing new. Fans come and go for all sorts of reasons. We lose masses of international fans every time we get rid of our international players.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    How many teams have changed logo's and team colors while keeping the same team name? If they were connected then every time a team changed colors, unis, and/or logo's they would have to change the team name.
    Wow. You are really shortsighted on this issue.

Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

I'm not keen on Pelicans. I do love New Orleans Domino! Domino is a Latin word for Lord or Master and the root word of dominate. Also, it's the name for the half mask worn at masquerades or balls and the name of the famous nola musician Fats Domino!

I would like to see a logo that is Domino spelled with the NOLA street tiles.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jesus. Clowns are calling in talking about Vampires as a team name.

“We were the meat capital of the world,” said Klein at the time. “At first, I was thinking of names like Matadors (funny how that worked out given today’s Matadors) or Toreadors, but if you think about it, no team with as many as three syllables in its nickname has ever had much success except for the Canadians. I was sitting around the house, kicking these names around with my wife and three sons, when my little son Mark said, ‘Dad, that’s a bunch of bull!’ I said, ‘That’s it! We’ll call them the Bulls!’ And that’s how the team got its nickname.”
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/behind_the_name.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    THE VAMPS SON

That's what bothers me the 3 syllables. A nickname should just roll off the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I see people say in here they will not support the team anymore. Your not a fan of the team your a fan of the name. Lance Thomas said it perfect yesterday who cares what the name is, it's the same players and staff with the same standards. Thats why I support this team not because of some name.
    After 2-3-4 years from now, there will only be 3 or 4 players remaining from this 2012 team at best, that's how NBA works. Today I'm on this team, and tomorrow I will be playing for the rival.

How many players from the Hornets roster of 2 years ago are still on the team? I'm going to tell you:
    Only 1 and it's Jason Smith.

That's why someone identifies himself MOSTLY because of the NAME, the COLOURS and the LOGO. Because the players come and leave (the NBA is just a trading cards game) but the IDENTITY of a team will always remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    That's what bothers me the 3 syllables. A nickname should just roll off the tongue.

Warriors
    Trail Blazers
    76ers
    Cavaliers
    Timberwolves

Most can be shortened but I don't really hear anyone saying these names are hard to say or that they're too long.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    THE VAMPS SON
    Sparkle sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Warriors
    Trail Blazers
    76ers
    Cavaliers
    Timberwolves

Most can be shortened but I don't really hear anyone saying these names are hard to say or that they're too long.
    Bobby Herbert said "What is a Pel?"

Well, what is a Cav, genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Thread Information