Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pelicans in Motor City

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Man I feel bad for Lonzo Ball.. Joel was just talking how Lavar came out and said if the Lakers don't sign his Gelo then Lonzo is leaving. When I read what Lavar said today I thought it was a joke and somebody wrote it for the internet to mess with people.. sadly it was not a joke.. Lavar has a serious mental issue if he believes half the crap he says
    Not just gelo, both of the brothers to make the "big three"

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Nice win! Good job guys - Finally!
    Yes! Weird how a good win like this can bring such joy. Just like that, we're all optimistic about the team again. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Credit where it's due. Inserting Okafor was a smart move by AG, it seemed to steady us to start.

It was nice to be the team that's outhustling the opponent for once.
    Yea that was a smart move indeed, and the right one. Seeing how much AD struggled with Embid the other night-- starting Okafor to handle Drummond at first made sense. Hope we sign Okafor the rest of the season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Happy with the win. Demps got a great player in Niko. If Okafor could give us 6-9 ppg with 6rebounds per game and some rim protection I️ will feel better about this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks that I missed this one, it sounds like it was a good one. Glad to see us get a win, and I'm glad to see Mirotic keeping up the good work! He's statline surprised me a little and Okafor sounds like he did good work, so I'm happy about that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    #HireGentry
    He definitely deserves some props for putting together two good wins.

Despite very few practices the team looks to be moving surprisingly quickly in picking up the pieces and figuring things out without Cousins.

Very good win considering how badly the refs were giving the game to Detroit most of the night. Not that the Pels weren't fouling too much, but Detroit was far from playing a clean game but the whistles seemed to only come on one side of the court til the fourth quarter.

Also insanely impressed with Okafor.

Really speaks to the guys conditioning and mental fortitude that after going through all that he has been able to make it back and not just sneak back into the league, but actually look like a positive contributor when he is on the floor. Like I'm not even holding my breath with him out there like I would with Asik. Awesome to see he hasn't lost the gift on the offensive boards. Something this team has needed, that Niko seemingly brings to the table as well.

I've always had a soft spot of Okafor. Really hope he keeps it up.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Just watching the game now, had to.double take when I realised okafor was starting. And wow the pels playing with energy and hustle, around 7 minute mark first quarter AD was scrambling across to cover.on defense as everyone was switching. Great to see. Also the little rondo Griffin niggle haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Also love the diallo effort on Griffin. Giving him a bit of pepper, called for a few fouls but still loved it. Griffin getting annoyed, even knocked the ball out of diallos hand at 1:17 in the second after Bullock got called for the charge hahaha

I can't stand Griffin's game, mainly because he plays less defense than Rondo does

6:40 in the third, timeout called on the blown d allowing an open 3. AD in the huddle talking, clapping hands, most importantly talking with the guys. Him and rondo talking with mirotic on plays. Credit to him, criticised him for doing the opposite in that 76ers game.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    6:40 in the third, timeout called on the blown d allowing an open 3. AD in the huddle talking, clapping hands, most importantly talking with the guys. Him and rondo talking with mirotic on plays. Credit to him, criticised him for doing the opposite in that 76ers game.

Do I sense some leadership from AD emerging?

Has etwaun hurt his knee recently? Noticed him wearing the single knee strapping/padding last few games, don't think I've seen it before.

Do I sense some leadership from AD emerging?
    Yeah, I don't think it's about him being a ra-ra type, but rather understanding he sets the example and leads with his energy and effort. Sometimes it isn't obvious, but standing around no energy and not being part of the group says to other team members "hey this behaviour is accepted here".

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sucks that I missed this one, it sounds like it was a good one. Glad to see us get a win, and I'm glad to see Mirotic keeping up the good work! He's statline surprised me a little and Okafor sounds like he did good work, so I'm happy about that.
    I missed the last two. Now I’m not sure if I should continue not paying attention. They seem to be doing good without my juju lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I missed the last two. Now I’m not sure if I should continue not paying attention. They seem to be doing good without my juju lol.
    What about this Juju, our former SF saviour

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    If I watch the next game and we lose, I promise to miss the next one so we can win. I'm prepared to experiment with this correlation.

I wonder if going forward we continue to start Okafor or he is going to be match up dependant. We can play him against Drummond but I wonder against smaller faster centers if we can.

Credit to Gentry for finding a lineup that works. Niko coming off the bench and giving fire power to the team is a big boost for us. Next year that should be deadly.

This will be another photo finish to end the season and see who makes the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wonder if going forward we continue to start Okafor or he is going to be match up dependant. We can play him against Drummond but I wonder against smaller faster centers if we can.

Credit to Gentry for finding a lineup that works. Niko coming off the bench and giving fire power to the team is a big boost for us. Next year that should be deadly.

This will be another photo finish to end the season and see who makes the playoffs.
    I can't see why Oak won't be the starting 5 from here on in. A severely poor man's Boogie but still effective at the 5

I can't see why Oak won't be the starting 5 from here on in. A severely poor man's Boogie but still effective at the 5
    THats an insult to the poor man boogies everywhere
    I'm a grinder

Well we've seen him Match up against Drummond but I wonder if he can match up against a stretch 5.

What is clear however is either he or someone we pick up off of waivers needs to be the starting 5. AD does much better when he doesn't need to bang low and operates out of space.

BTW, Okafor got his 2nd 10 day contract So we will still see him for a bit more.

How?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thread Information