Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wow Jimmert is the turth!

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA NBA View Post
    And as a season ticket holder from day one, i hated those teams. I pay money to see great athletes, not heart or hustle. I pay to see superior athletes and winning basketball. Not heart and hustle. Not guys like Dickau, Rivers and Jimmer. Guys that you can find on Sundays playing at the YMCA is most towns.
    Are you kidding me players with heart hustle are always the fan favorites. They are the reason basketball is so much fun to watch. Im sure everyone remembers the man, Ryan Bowen

Look at his career, everyone who had him dumped him. He's not very good, has little upside. Will not add much to this team. Not a beef, a reality. He will add little to nothing to this team. Replacing him may not even be necessary he may only play 5 minutes a game.

As deep as we are in the backcourt there are myriad of other options that would have been better in my opinion.
    Are you kidding me Jimmer adds the one thing this team desperately needed last season and even more importantly this season when we lost morrow. And that's a legit three point threat not named Ryan Anderson. When we have players like Reke and AD, who thrive and feast on opposing defenses when they have space, jimmer becomes one of the more valuable bench players. Im not sure of you watched last night's game but did you see what a lineup of Rivers, Jimmer, Babbit, and Anderson did. It was beautiful. Now imagine Tyreke instead of Rivers. How do you stop that?

Also Jimmer brings a huge fan base that are now Pels fans and bigger fan bases means more fan recognition and tv games and as a fan of the pelicans that should be something you want

I don't seem to remember Morrow getting this kinda hate? Jimmer is basically this seasons Morrow imo.

Sorry if someone made those points already, joining the discussion a little late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Sorry if someone made those points already, joining the discussion a little late.
    TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    TL;DR
    Yeah haha I skimmed it and caught bits and pieces of the arguement

I don't seem to remember Morrow getting this kinda hate? Jimmer is basically this seasons Morrow imo.
    Jimmer get ZERO hate.

His sometimes crazy, rabid supporters on the other hand.....
    @mcnamara247

Only two guys on here are spitting hate at Jimmer, the rest are just uninformed opinions.

Nothing to see here, move along.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I just think it not very intelligent to throw glaring support to players who will never amount to nothing and talk everyday about trading an actual good NBA player who has only not lived up to his contract because he was injured. Doesn't **** me off, just think it's makes no sense.
    Here's the thing though, it's clear from these preseason games that Jimmer is way better than Gordon. I think Jimmer will start the game at the 2 and Gordon shouldn't come on the floor unless it's to clean up his sweat off the ground. I mean the dude is never healthy it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Here's the thing though, it's clear from these preseason games that Jimmer is way better than Gordon. I think Jimmer will start the game at the 2 and Gordon shouldn't come on the floor unless it's to clean up his sweat off the ground. I mean the dude is never healthy it makes sense.
    But Jimmer is never any good, Gordon at 20% health is like two Jimmers. So it makes no sense.

Are you kidding me Jimmer adds the one thing this team desperately needed last season and even more importantly this season when we lost morrow. And that's a legit three point threat not named Ryan Anderson. When we have players like Reke and AD, who thrive and feast on opposing defenses when they have space, jimmer becomes one of the more valuable bench players. Im not sure of you watched last night's game but did you see what a lineup of Rivers, Jimmer, Babbit, and Anderson did. It was beautiful. Now imagine Tyreke instead of Rivers. How do you stop that?

Also Jimmer brings a huge fan base that are now Pels fans and bigger fan bases means more fan recognition and tv games and as a fan of the pelicans that should be something you want
    I think we have two national televised games this year. Then after this season when Jimmer averages 5 minutes and 2 points per game and isn't on the roster next year I'm failing to see how this related to move tv games.

But Jimmer is never any good, Gordon at 20% health is like two Jimmers. So it makes no sense.
    I think somebody has to teach you about a thing called sarcasm.

Read what he typed again.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    lol you........ I had season tickets that one year on the freaggin floor!!!!! Lawd.... they hustled alright. lol
    who were all the other (white) guys playing while Baron and Co. laughed on the bench?
    It was freaking hilarious, and pitiful. I was so mad i paid for season tickets to show up at the arena to watch Dickau. There were guys in my pickup games better than Dickau. I mean it was still better than watching the best teams in college basketball but man i felt ripped off every time went to a game. It was down right criminal to charge people to watch that team.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Clearly someone has to teach you, i got it, you missed it.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Love the Gaurdians refrence haha
    Last edited by Ludiculous; 10-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.

I think we have two national televised games this year. Then after this season when Jimmer averages 5 minutes and 2 points per game and isn't on the roster next year I'm failing to see how this related to move tv games.
    Woah you can tell the future. I mean that's got to be it right. How else would you know what Jimmer is going to be doing next year. Quick who is gunna when the super bowl this year? Does AD win a championship in NOLA? Does Ebola cause the end of humanity?

But seriously though it's called brand recognition. As a fan of the organization you should want as many people as possible to want to watch the Pelicans play. Maybe, just maybe we can turn these Jimmer fans into Pelicans fans. Which means more fans across the United states even the world. This creates demand. And where there is demand there are 30 or so money hungry owners looking to make more money. Which means capitalizing on that demand which means more tv time, press coverage etc.

Jimmer also helps us win, so if you refer back to the point that you refused to address I talked about spacing and how that could help us win games which is the main thing that will get us tv time.

I mean im no business major but im pretty sure that's a rough, incredibly simplistic breakdown of how the economics of basketball work.

Woah you can tell the future. I mean that's got to be it right. How else would you know what Jimmer is going to be doing next year. Quick who is gunna when the super bowl this year? Does AD win a championship in NOLA? Does Ebola cause the end of humanity?

But seriously though it's called brand recognition. As a fan of the organization you should want as many people as possible to want to watch the Pelicans play. Maybe, just maybe we can turn these Jimmer fans into Pelicans fans. Which means more fans across the United states even the world. This creates demand. And where there is demand there are 30 or so money hungry owners looking to make more money. Which means capitalizing on that demand which means more tv time, press coverage etc.

Jimmer also helps us win, so if you refer back to the point that you refused to address I talked about spacing and how that could help us win games which is the main thing that will get us tv time.

I mean im no business major but im pretty sure that's a rough, incredibly simplistic breakdown of how the economics of basketball work.
    Jimmer glorified high school baller! No belong my league! I love shin.

Jimmer get ZERO hate.

His sometimes crazy, rabid supporters on the other hand.....
    Jimmer is catching some hate in this thread. I love what he brings to our team and am pulling for him to succeed like any Pelicans fan should.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jimmer glorified high school baller! No belong my league! I love shin.
    Now I'm gonna read all of NOLA NBA's posts in Brick Tamland's voice.

"I love carpet."

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Gordon is catching some hate in every thread. I am pulling for him to succeed like any Pelicans fan should.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I support Gordon too. I feel at this point, the Gordon haters are just beating a dead horse and need to move on. If they wear a Pelican jersey, I'm rooting for em. Jimmer, Gordon, Rivers and Withey. I want em all to shine this season.

well looks like i was right taking the under on if NOLA NBA would make it 4 weeks.... HE GONE!

I'm definitely rooting for gordon to do well. It's the best chance of not having to see his lazy *** on the court with our jersey after all

well looks like i was right taking the under on if NOLA NBA would make it 4 weeks.... HE GONE!
    I think when he admitted to me he was a ban dodger that was the end of him. Oh well. I never thought a poster would make me miss dT. But at least he has stuff to back up his arguments. They're usually horribly misguided and wrong BUT at least he has something.

Thread Information