Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any update on Hill?

Any update on Hill?

Is he done or did I miss an update?

Does anyone know?. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Is he done or did I miss an update?

Does anyone know?. Thanks
    No timeline announced - however he has been practicing with the team, warming up before games, and is now traveling with the team on the road. All indicators that he will return this season.

Saw a post several days ago on twitter from MM that said they were targeting the Mavs game, so we may know something soon.

March 4 has been mentioned a bunch of times. Time will tell

On the radio they said "You will hear a lot more about Solomon hill over the coming games" and that was the bucks game.... nothing since

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Saw a post several days ago on twitter from MM that said they were targeting the Mavs game, so we may know something soon.
    So we can rule out the Mavs game?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    On the radio they said "You will hear a lot more about Solomon hill over the coming games" and that was the bucks game.... nothing since
    Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Will Guillory @WillGuillory 27 minutes ago

Alvin Gentry says Solomon Hill won't play during the upcoming 3-game road trip

Naturally

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    Will Guillory @WillGuillory 27 minutes ago

Alvin Gentry says Solomon Hill won't play during the upcoming 3-game road trip
    Off course. Next update would be in middle off the March and then in April. If We gonna make the playoffs they will announce that he is done for the season. I lost My faith in his comeback.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Dude isn't coming back. It's like Q-Pon all over again

Just be patient. He tore his hammy in late August, and the original timetable was he'd be out 6-8 months. We're at the 6 month mark. Sounds like he's still on schedule, especially since he hasn't had any setbacks, is practicing with the team, participating in pre game warm-ups, and is travelling with the team on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Off course. Next update would be in middle off the March and then in April. If We gonna make the playoffs they will announce that he is done for the season. I lost My faith in his comeback.
    You already know how it goes with Pels players.

I just think most underestimate what it means to be ready to play, truly ready. It's not like coming out and shooting some baskets or running some drills or even doing some scrimmaging. It's playing flat out to the limit of your ability against the best players in the world and then turning around and doing it again two days later. And then again. And again.

To do that your body has to be in amazing condition. Sure you can play through some bumps and bruises and strains. But if you have a structural injury like Hill it's got to heal not just to the point where you feel ok walking around. It's got be able to withstand incredible stresses, repeatedly, without flaring up or giving way. I think that last 5% of recovery often takes a lot more time than people realize.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Bring Hill back at the end of March if possible. The last 3-4 games look tough. We can survive without him but it sure could help to get him on the court. I’d love for us to get the 3rd 4th seed and get Hill back for the playoffs and give him 6-15 min on the court with this lineup:

Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD, Okafor. That should be our starting lineup.

Second lineup might be Rondo, Jrue, Moore, Niko, AD

THIRD: Rondo, Miller, Moore, Niko, AD

FOURTH: Clark, Jrue, Miller, AD, Diallo

FIFTH: Jrue, Moore, Miller, Niko, AD This is a great lineup because all 5 guys are able to shoot 3s. Moore, Miller and Niko could be deadly and Jrue, AD, Niko all are good at sparking a fast break. Dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He actually participated in practice and not just shoot around before a game, so that's a start.

He's going to take time to come back from this, it was a complete hamstring tear. Give him time.

I hope Dell talks about hill and Jackson today in his interview

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    Dude isn't coming back. It's like Q-Pon all over again
    Reverse jinx. Hope it works.

Any update on Hill or Jackson? I hope they can come back before we play those 3 games in a row at home. If they could even give us 10 minutes together would help.

Saw on one of the FSNO Pelicans shows last night (forgot the name) they interviewed Jackson. He said he tried to scrimmage but had a setback with swelling. Then the usual 'whenever it feels right' interview babble. So see ya in July in Vegas.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Saw on one of the FSNO Pelicans shows last night (forgot the name) they interviewed Jackson. He said he tried to scrimmage but had a setback with swelling. Then the usual 'whenever it feels right' interview babble. So see ya in July in Vegas.
    Thanks for the information even though it was not great news.

Any news on this?

At this point I'm just assuming he will not be back this season. Between the supposed setback and the pessimistic tone his most recent interview went, and Gentry's talk about the home stretch of the season and how it will be a process to working him back into an established rotation. I think it seems less and less likely

If he does come back it will be incredibly limited and I would not expect him to be performing anywhere to the level he did last year defensively. And since his offense is pretty bad, no real reason to give him minutes over Miller TBH.

I thought the last we heard on Hill he might play at some point in the next home stand? Maybe I'm mis remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I thought the last we heard on Hill he might play at some point in the next home stand? Maybe I'm mis remembering.
    Yeah that's what Gentry said.

Honestly this does not sound encouraging:

Sean Kelley, the host of the Black and Blue report, invited Solomon Hill to be a guest on Monday’s episode, and the New Orleans Pelicans forward had some notable things to say about the recovery process from his torn hamstring injury, specifically a potential return date.

“Solomon, here’s the good news: I don’t think there’s a day that goes by right now that I don’t have Pelicans fans asking me, ‘When’s Solomon Hill coming back?’” questioned Kelley. “The bad news is I don’t really have an exact answer for them yet although I’m encouraged to say it seems close. How close at this point?”

“I couldn’t tell you either,” responded Hill. “It’s a tough thing. When I got injured, you know, how the injury has progressed and it’s kind of like a day-to-day thing. If this was something that I could recover over the summer, full summer, and then get a rhythm in, but we’re in the mix of what, we’ve won like the last ten out of eleven? We’re doing good, we’re doing great. The chemistry is kind of coming along. And I’m just trying to take it day to day.”

“Of course I want to be out there,” continued Hill. “Of course I want to play. But one thing I do know is that playing defense is something that takes a lot of energy — Not just a lot of energy, but your body has to be in a good enough position for you to be successful out there. We’re talking about if I played tonight, probably having to guard Donovan Mitchell. A guy that is really explosive. You look at whoever we’re playing, whether it’d be in the playoffs or whether it’d be at the end of this stretch, {it’s} all dynamic players. The West is very competitive so I just want to make sure everybody, even the staff, we all want to make sure that not only I can go out there and be okay but also that I can help the team as well.”

Solomon Hill went on to mention that he’s been doing two-a-days, trying to do whatever it takes to get back onto the court. However, he alluded to the challenge before him: returning to a New Orleans Pelicans team that has been leading the league in pace. Although he currently trusts his hamstring, he’s fully aware of the fact that the strength isn’t back to normal in his left leg.

“I trust it to where I don’t think about it,” said Hill. “Now, the strength, there’s a big difference between the left and right leg, of course. The left was my strong leg before the injury so I definitely got some ground to cover. I don’t think I’ll be 100% for another, I mean, maybe next season.”
    https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/3...ddleton-gentry

Thread Information