Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND

Help NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND

Hi All,

This will be my first time I will purchase this league pass and was wondering if someone can help me out?
    BTW I live in Melbourne, Australia so I'm not sure if this is different for US customers.

1. Can you watch games on any computer or does it have to be watched on the computer you activated your account from?

2. Is it worth buying now (5 teams - $119.99 AUS) or waiting until the season starts?

3. Will all 82 games the Hornets play be available to watch or only the games which are on television?

4. Will I be able to watch the Pre-season games starting October 7?

5. Can I watch the games more than once?

6. Can I go back to games I have already watched from the start of the season if I choose?

7. Does it include playoff games if the 5 teams I choose make the playoffs?

Thanks all for your help!

1. You can watch it from any computer but your account can be logged into only a single IP address at any time. This means that you are not able to easily share an account with someone since only one of you can be watching a game at a time.

2. It is cheaper to buy early.

3. In the U.S., you get every game that is not shown in the team's home market. Since you are in Australia, you get League Pass Broadband International which is a completely different client than the US domestic version and probably has different blackout rules. I think you would at least get every non-nationally broadcast game. Check the LeaguePass site for more details on that.

4. IIRC, pre-season games were included or maybe even free. I don't even remember.

5. Every game is archived an hour after it is shown so you can go back and watch it anytime during the season.

6. ^ See above. I have only gone back a couple days before on my part, but I think you can go back to watch any game of the season

7. No playoff games. Just regular season.

Again, my answers are based off of the US version of the service. Many things are different in the international version. However, they are different in nothing but positive ways from what I hear. Cheaper prices, higher quality stream, more/better features within the player itself, etc.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Buy it, it's worth it.

This thread had prompted me to finally make an account and make a contribution to this sight

So im from Dubbo NSW so we'd both be looking at the same international broadband pass i'd assume. I bougth league pass 2 years ago for something like $120 and that was in roughly the second week of the season after the free trial was up.

Now i went to check NBA.com and now it appears its $220 but it appears to include playoffs which the last package didnt, thats the full package. It looks very different now in terms of which packages you can buy but i think theres still the standard package and superior package. From my experience of buying the superior package:

1. Yes but what Kibner said
    2. idk, but im probably gunna wait til closer to the season just because the increase in price seems strange
    3. every single game, of all teams but the broadcaster teams will vary
    4. not all pre-season games are televised just soley due to their locations, some will be however
    5. yes
    6. yes
    7. yes as i said the $220 package says it does but 2 years ago it was seperate

Now this buisness with the 5 teams you've said you'd purchase viewing rights for confuses me because for the league pass i use you just buy and can watch the whole season, any team. So can you please post a link of where your looking up? Heres where I am: http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe

Definitely get it. I live in Melbourne too, and have had it for the past two seasons. I don't know what that 5-team crap is, but get the $220 package, it's far better being able to watch any and every game, whenever you want. $220 gets you every single game, totally worth it. Also, from past experience, it doesn't really make a huge financial difference if you get it now, or at the start of the season

Just a question for the guys who have used NBA League Pass Broadband before.

I live in Adelaide, AUS. Dont have the best internet, I get speeds of around 3-4mbps 5-6mbps on a good day. Question is whats the video and sound quality like? Will it continuously pause? I have watched NBA games on those streaming sites and I get constant stoppage for buffering.

Thanks

Broadband is MUCH better than those streaming sites. Every once and a while I'll have a game buffer, but it's normally just like watching it on tv.

It's totally worth it.

To answer number 4, League Pass Broadband did not carry any Hornets preseason games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    This thread had prompted me to finally make an account and make a contribution to this sight

So im from Dubbo NSW so we'd both be looking at the same international broadband pass i'd assume. I bougth league pass 2 years ago for something like $120 and that was in roughly the second week of the season after the free trial was up.

Now i went to check NBA.com and now it appears its $220 but it appears to include playoffs which the last package didnt, thats the full package. It looks very different now in terms of which packages you can buy but i think theres still the standard package and superior package. From my experience of buying the superior package:

1. Yes but what Kibner said
    2. idk, but im probably gunna wait til closer to the season just because the increase in price seems strange
    3. every single game, of all teams but the broadcaster teams will vary
    4. not all pre-season games are televised just soley due to their locations, some will be however
    5. yes
    6. yes
    7. yes as i said the $220 package says it does but 2 years ago it was seperate

Now this buisness with the 5 teams you've said you'd purchase viewing rights for confuses me because for the league pass i use you just buy and can watch the whole season, any team. So can you please post a link of where your looking up? Heres where I am: http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe
    I got the info about the 5 game package from nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband

Now I'm confused too.
    Can anyone help?

Also guys do you think that 50G per month is enough just to watch Hornets games?
    How large is a normal game approx?

Thanks again all for your input!

I think we can only get NBA League Pass International. The second link in the post mentions blackout rules for Nationally and Locally televised games so i assume that those options are just for people who reside in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    I got the info about the 5 game package from nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband

Now I'm confused too.
    Can anyone help?

Also guys do you think that 50G per month is enough just to watch Hornets games?
    How large is a normal game approx?

Thanks again all for your input!
    Alright guys, since I'm the token Aussie writer on Hornets247 I thought I'd drop my two-cents into the can.

My cap used to be a 50G per month, had download speeds around 2-6 mbps and was able to stream nicely. I had to watch what I was downloading from my provider though because our house had a couple of people who liked to download stuff. If you're in a similar situation give people a heads up as to when you're watching games etc.

Now I'm up on a 250G per month basis, roughly same download speed and everything is sweet. I can watch in HD if I want, so that's awesome.

I know when comparing to the free sites you can be a little worried about purchasing something and then it freezing all the time. Trust me you'll be fine. Those sites are free for a reason. Their servers are crappy and there's a tonne of people on them. You'll have no problems watching the Hornets on NBA league pass, it's way, way better.

I'm going to get the 5 team one because most of the big games are out here on TV anyway on either ESPN, ESPN2 or One HD (They're showing games this year I'm quite sure).
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

I dont think ONEHD will be viewing games anytime soon

I found that it uses about 3-4Gb a game at 1600kps.

15% discount code: NBAP15GTX354

This expires OCT 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Alright guys, since I'm the token Aussie writer on Hornets247 I thought I'd drop my two-cents into the can.

My cap used to be a 50G per month, had download speeds around 2-6 mbps and was able to stream nicely. I had to watch what I was downloading from my provider though because our house had a couple of people who liked to download stuff. If you're in a similar situation give people a heads up as to when you're watching games etc.

Now I'm up on a 250G per month basis, roughly same download speed and everything is sweet. I can watch in HD if I want, so that's awesome.

I know when comparing to the free sites you can be a little worried about purchasing something and then it freezing all the time. Trust me you'll be fine. Those sites are free for a reason. Their servers are crappy and there's a tonne of people on them. You'll have no problems watching the Hornets on NBA league pass, it's way, way better.

I'm going to get the 5 team one because most of the big games are out here on TV anyway on either ESPN, ESPN2 or One HD (They're showing games this year I'm quite sure).
    From what I have been told I think Australians and of course International customers need to purchase the 'International' package.
    Is this what you purchased last year? It costs about $220 which includes all games and playoff games for this year’s package.

However I don’t care about the other teams....I only want to watch Hornets games.
    Does this mean we can’t buy the ‘5 team package’?

What do you think?

Does the discount work for the monthly purchase too? Or just the one off purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    From what I have been told I think Australians and of course International customers need to purchase the 'International' package.
    Is this what you purchased last year? It costs about $220 which includes all games and playoff games for this year’s package.

However I don’t care about the other teams....I only want to watch Hornets games.
    Does this mean we can’t buy the ‘5 team package’?

What do you think?
    Looks to be the case this year. Last season we could buy 5-team or 30-team. Seems they've got the market in a stranglehold. My advice would be to get it if you have the cash, though it would be nice to have an alternate option like the NFL does for International League Pass.

Also in reference to jdmcuc, I think they might. They just started broadcasting NFL games again and that must mean they have SOME cash for rights to broadcast here. Also I think they are under an extensive rebrand/identity crisis at Ten. They just hired Russel from Gruen Transfer and he's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows that One's brand should be a Sports network, not a network for Cops.

Look at this, we're talking about rebrand. Hornets issues relevant abroad!

Someone said something about games not shown in home market, what if I'm at college in South Carolina. Will that affect me or will I get all 82 games?

Quote Originally Posted by sholleman View Post
    Someone said something about games not shown in home market, what if I'm at college in South Carolina. Will that affect me or will I get all 82 games?
    Its based on the IP address being used to access LPBB. So, you would probably be blacked out from Bobcats games but get every one else's. Well, except nationally broadcasted games since they are blacked out for everyone.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    Does the discount work for the monthly purchase too? Or just the one off purchase?
    For the one off purchase only.
    It expires on OCT 1, so you would only get a discount for one month.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 09-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Dumb question, lets say I get the Spurs as one of my five teams. Our opening game, I obviously wouldn't get from home.

But I'll be in Florida at the time, so it should work, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Dumb question, lets say I get the Spurs as one of my five teams. Our opening game, I obviously wouldn't get from home.

But I'll be in Florida at the time, so it should work, correct?
    I don't think so because the game will be nationally televised on NBA TV. Those games are usually blacked out on broadband.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

So does anyone know for sure if International clients can purchse the '5 team' option or are we stuck with the 'International' option?

Thanks

Draft Pick
    Well, I'm from the UK and loved the product last year! Just ordered it again, unfortunately my brothers a clippers fan. Thank you to the member who posted the promotion code! It worked brilliantly for us as we could log on to several computer devices, some at the same time, even in my local old man's pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairgowrie41 View Post
    Well, I'm from the UK and loved the product last year! Just ordered it again, unfortunately my brothers a clippers fan. Thank you to the member who posted the promotion code! It worked brilliantly for us as we could log on to several computer devices, some at the same time, even in my local old man's pub.
    No worries about the promo code.
    Did you happen to buy the international package for the UK or a different package?

Thanks

Thread Information