Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Its okay, you can wait to apologize until its official. It will give you some time to deal with the bitterness.
    In case you haven't noticed, illiterate, I really don't care if I'm right or wrong. I can if someone can make an intelligent point. You can't.

Have fun living that way. I'll come out of this knowing the rule regardless. You will remain however it is that you are.

42 - Help me out ... So essentially, we are trading Brad Miller's contract and the two 2nd rounds picks we got in the Jarret Jack trade for Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick's expiring deal? To me, that is a STEAL! Thoughts?

We dumped Jack, got stuff, then trading the stuff away for a $4m expiring and Lopez at around $5mish for 3y.

So we turned Jack's $5m expiring into a $4m expiring and a 7ft-er with a 15 PER last year on a 3y $5mish deal (who was a RFA), but who has some injury concerns.

This is assuming we can go over the cap. The numbers bear out with Dyson included, and just right, so I assume this is correct and a team can exceed the cap once you go under it, despite Coon not expliticly stating so unless by very specific (not trade) means.

I have not watched enough's teams' books closely enough to see this work. As I said, the Dyson inclusion and the numbers working out just so and only with a min player's inclusion, makes me think this mechanism may apply. Again, it's not stated.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, illiterate, I really don't care if I'm right or wrong. I can if someone can make an intelligent point. You can't.

Have fun living that way. I'll come out of this knowing the rule regardless. You will remain however it is that you are.
    You shouldn't even waste your time arguing with the trolls.

Is it possible that Dyson doesn't make the team and return to the Hornets? Or the new rule does not allow him to come back? Watkins got cut by the 6ers few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    You shouldn't even waste your time arguing with the trolls.
    Maybe. If I learn something, it's worth it. This guy was worse than many, but we had some good talks, and hopefully I do learn more about life under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    42 - Help me out ... So essentially, we are trading Brad Miller's contract and the two 2nd rounds picks we got in the Jarret Jack trade for Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick's expiring deal? To me, that is a STEAL! Thoughts?
    arent there 2 years left on warricks deal?

We dumped Jack, got stuff, then trading the stuff away for a $4m expiring and Lopez at around $5mish for 3y.

So we turned Jack's $5m expiring into a $4m expiring and a 7ft-er with a 15 PER last year on a 3y $5mish deal (who was a RFA), but who has some injury concerns.

This is assuming we can go over the cap. The numbers bear out with Dyson included, and just right, so I assume this is correct and a team can exceed the cap once you go under it, despite Coon not expliticly stating so unless by very specific (not trade) means.

I have not watched enough's teams' books closely enough to see this work. As I said, the Dyson inclusion and the numbers working out just so and only with a min player's inclusion, makes me think this mechanism may apply. Again, it's not stated.
    Mate are you sure Warrick's contract is expiring?
    I have him getting 4.96M in 2013/14.
    Not that it really matters much....but?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Apparently there's a team option next year.

i was hoping for a 3 yr 12 mill deal, not 15...oh well

Maybe. If I learn something, it's worth it. This guy was worse than many, but we had some good talks, and hopefully I do learn more about life under the cap.
    42 - Don't worry ... You ARE our Hornets authority when it comes to our cap and roster. NASA Rocket Sciencetists can't figure out the CBA. We love you just as you are. Keep up the good work and Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    team option on the second

Wow you guys are giving Robin Lopez $5M/yr over 3 years? Not sure if he's that good...I would have expected him to get at most about $3M cause he's a decent backup but that's about it.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    Hoops hype has it as a guaranteed year, but they are in the minority as others have pointed out here.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Wow you guys are giving Robin Lopez $5M/yr over 3 years? Not sure if he's that good...I would have expected him to get at most about $3M cause he's a decent backup but that's about it.
    WOW yall gave asik 25 mil.. hes a decent backup but thats about it

15 mil over 3-years / Have you seen what average centers are getting in this marketplace???

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Says the guy, whose team just gave Asik, 3 years at over 8 mil per.
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 07-25-2012 at 04:41 AM.

This...coming from a fan of the team who gave Asik 8 per year?

Honestly.. I can see him being used as an enforcer for Davis. He's a big body who has quick enough feet to keep his body on most centers in the league and he'll allows Davis to roam and play the weakside.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    Suns guys say his deal is $4m each year, team option on the second. They say it was 100% accurate according to a Suns cap guy, meaning the teams' guy.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Don't really feel like going back over this morass but have those figures on Lopez's contract been confirmed?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I have not seen them confirmed, but the confines of the deal leave a low ceiling for the first year salary. the duration has to be 2-4y.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Don't really feel like going back over this morass but have those figures on Lopez's contract been confirmed?
    Apparently......15M over 3 years

FYI: LATEST BREAKING NEWS! DEAL HUNG UP ON LOPEZ TAKING 3 YR - $15 MIL DEAL

BARCELONA – The Minnesota Timberwolves are clearing salary-cap space to target free-agent forward Andrei Kirilenko by helping facilitate a three-team trade that would send Phoenix’s Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to the New Orleans Hornets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Andrei Kirilenko played in Russia during the NBA's lockout-shortened season. (Reuters)The trade gathered momentum Tuesday night and centered on Lopez agreeing to a three-year, $15 million-plus contract and moving to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade agreement, league sources told Y! Sports.

The rest of the deal included the Timberwolves sending small forward Wesley Johnson and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the Suns, sources said. Brad Miller, who is retiring and has a contract that can be waived before month’s end, and Warrick are also expected to be on the move. Miller’s contract would go to the Suns, and Warrick would possibly move to the Hornets, sources said. New Orleans would also send two future second-round draft picks to Minnesota.

The teams were still finalizing details, but sources said that Lopez, a restricted free agent, was returning soon from a vacation to take a physical for the Hornets. New Orleans had been working diligently for weeks on acquiring a center to play alongside No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis, and give Davis some inside support.

Kirilenko has a buyout in his CSKA of Moscow contract that allows him to return to the NBA. He ruled out the Brooklyn Nets and Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov on Tuesday because the Nets simply couldn’t pay him beyond the veteran’s minimum of $1.2 million, sources said. Kirilenko has been searching for a deal that would pay him in the vicinity of $8 million annually, and Minnesota could have the cap space to do so.

Minnesota is signing another Russian, point guard Alexey Shved, to a free-agent contract. The T’wolves signed Portland restricted free agent Nicolas Batum to a $45 million offer sheet, but the Trail Blazers matched the money to retain him.

Using $4m for Warrick and $762,195 for Dyson (or whoever), we get

$4,899,293
    $5,119,761
    $5,340,229

For Lopez's largest deal over 3y.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I have not seen them confirmed, but the confines of the deal leave a low ceiling for the first year salary. the duration has to be 2-4y.
    Duration is fine with me. The good part is all of these contracts: Anderson, Lopez, and Gordon will be off the books when Davis and Rivers' first deals are expiring so everything can be reevaluated then. Ideally I'd prefer $4 million because I honestly don't think the Suns would match $5 million/year.

Thread Information