Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Pels at Wolves. Welcome the Beard.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Ian Clark 32 minutes, E'Twaun Moore 12......please explain
    Clark was on fire

wait

Ian Clark 32 minutes, E'Twaun Moore 12......please explain
    We are tanking?

Mirotic at 3 would be like Peja used to be at 3. He was an extreme liability, but he was an all time great marksman. Niko isn't Peja, so it would be hard to justify playing him at the 3.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Cavs are a dumpster fire right now.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Make the salaries work

Diallo ~1 million
    Fournier 17 million

And yes, Niko can and has played at SF before
    Niko has played, according to basketball reference, 2% of his career minutes at SF. And 0% in the last two years. His largest time spent at the three was in his rookie season where he spent a whopping 4% at the 3.

He is not a 3.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Mirotic at 3 would be like Peja used to be at 3. He was an extreme liability, but he was an all time great marksman. Niko isn't Peja, so it would be hard to justify playing him at the 3.
    I think you are forgetting that Peja was actually a solid athelete until later in his career.. no comparison for these guys except they are white and shoot 3s.. Peja was a SF or could play a stretch PF.. Mirotic is a PF who can be a stretch C..

How long did they sign Cunningham for? Need to cut bait on that. He and Mirotic should not be on the floor together with AD. Where did the idea for that lineup come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Niko has played, according to basketball reference, 2% of his career minutes at SF. And 0% in the last two years. His largest time spent at the three was in his rookie season where he spent a whopping 4% at the 3.

He is not a 3.
    Thank you!! Was waiting for someone to find the data.. SF being mentioned in the same sentence needs to end with this post.. he's not a SF and never will be

so Stefon Diggs was at the game... against New Orleans... and got a Skol chant

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    How long did they sign Cunningham for? Need to cut bait on that. He and Mirotic should not be on the floor together with AD. Where did the idea for that lineup come from?
    We don't have another SF on the roster.. the next biggest guy that we can even play at SF is 6'4.. we need Solo back so Dante sees little to no minutes.. with how big the TWolves lineup we didn't really have a choice.

I think Cunningham will be buried on the bench once Hill gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    i keep seeing this, but i have not seen anything that leads me to believe hill will be back in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Atleast we can all hope.. the way Gentry uses rotations you never know..

By the way the Magic have come out and said they are not interested in some quick fix but want young players or picks.. we have Diallo and Jackson and 2 young players with potential along with picks.. don't know how anybody can it's not possible and blah blah when we see it happen every single season with stars and super stars being moved for less then people thought they would get.. we got arguably the best big in the NBA for Hield.. how can people say we can't get Fournier? Of Diallo just continues to play like tonight he is a very valuable asset to certain teams..

Dante signed a 1-year deal this past September.
    RIP FlyGirl

The nuggets and Jazz win
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    By the way the Magic have come out and said they are not interested in some quick fix but want young players or picks.. we have Diallo and Jackson and 2 young players with potential along with picks.. don't know how anybody can it's not possible and blah blah when we see it happen every single season with stars and super stars being moved for less then people thought they would get.. we got arguably the best big in the NBA for Hield.. how can people say we can't get Fournier? Of Diallo just continues to play like tonight he is a very valuable asset to certain teams..
    Because we can't trade another 1st unless it's out to something like 2022. We made our big move for Mirotic, he looks to be a really good piece for us.

Anything else we do is going to be smaller stuff.

Niko isn't Ryan Anderson, he's really a player you need to give the ball to a little bit. If he's just going to stand still at the 3 point arc you are wasting his abilities.

Honestly Niko should be used almost exactly how Cousins was offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Niko isn't Ryan Anderson, he's really a player you need to give the ball to a little bit. If he's just going to stand still at the 3 point arc you are wasting his abilities.

Honestly Niko should be used almost exactly how Cousins was offensively.
    Yes except Niko is more of a screener / cutter than take someone off the dribble like Cousins. Still, he showed out tonight. I suspect once we get Hill back we will be a pretty good team.

Can't wait until a healthy next year.

Any reason E'Twaun Moore has only played 12 minutes tonight? Injured? Sick? Gentryed?
    Yea this was so perplexing to me. Assumed he was hurt, but no mention of that. We could have really used his offense late in the game. Doubt this is the case but... did Dell finalize a trade involving him? Of course speculation, be it really makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Yea and thus has the right to veto any trades involving him, like Niko did. He really should be a 5-10 min./ game player, wonder if Dell can find a team he would consent to be traded to in a bigger deal for a better-fitting player. He seems like a nice guy and tries hard, but I'll admit when he blows a layup or defensive play, I bellow out, Dante Suckingham

I think you are forgetting that Peja was actually a solid athelete until later in his career.. no comparison for these guys except they are white and shoot 3s.. Peja was a SF or could play a stretch PF.. Mirotic is a PF who can be a stretch C..
    No, I remember when he was young, it's just that when we signed him here he was over the hill, and everyone knew all he was good for was shooting. He wasn't athletic when he got here, he was just a shooter that you had to have on the court because he was an all time great. It was pathetic watching him play defense because he couldn't keep up with a snail.

We got Boogie for Hield because Demps outsmarted Raffi.
    The Pistons got Blake because the Clipps know more about Blake's health than anyone.
    We aren't getting Fournier or any other legit small forward given our limited assets and tight cap space. It would be great if we could, but nobody is trading for their starting 3 for a guy coming off of an injury, a few 2nds, and Diallo. There aren't many quality small forwards in the NBA, so why would a team go for such an offering if their goal is draft picks and young players? That's an extremely one sided trade.

We don't have another SF on the roster.. the next biggest guy that we can even play at SF is 6'4.. we need Solo back so Dante sees little to no minutes.. with how big the TWolves lineup we didn't really have a choice.
    Seeing as how Moore gives you something on the offensive end, I say you take your chances as you have all year long. Instead Moore only plays 12 minutes.

I know they like Dante, but he should not be playing this much at all. Wing help is still sorely needed.

Very impressive that Mirotic can give 18 & 12 in his first game with 6 offensive boards. Hopefully no one gets run over by a dump truck in the off season and this team can be healthy next year. They can challenge for a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    And it was for more than the minimum. Robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes except Niko is more of a screener / cutter than take someone off the dribble like Cousins. Still, he showed out tonight. I suspect once we get Hill back we will be a pretty good team.

Can't wait until a healthy next year.
    I mean sure, I'm not saying Mirotic = Cousins, but you can run similar plays out of the horns set with he and Davis and use him in the same amount of DHO action as Cousins. I wouldnt even be upset to see Big to Big P&R.

All of this is better than sticking him on the weakside of the floor or in the corner permanently. I dont know, maybe I'm just reading too much in to how the coaching staff praised his offball movement.

Thread Information