Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    The funny thing is that being a lurker for a while and then becoming a member of HR, I have not seen anyone mention anything about Rebranding in the past until Harvey brought it up recently. He kept bringing it up at every possibility he had and now most on here want a rebrand. Everday there is a Rebrand thread on here. I bet if you combine all of these rebrand threads you will see the same people with the same stuff they posted in previous Rebrand threads. I can careless if they Rebrand or not I am just happy to have a NBA franchise in my city.
    There are the same threads going back to 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    and we could then refer to the arena as the Krewe's Quarters....
    or "The Float" lol

Blog Entries
    Maybe it's just the mardi gras still in my brain, but I feel strangely emotional today about the name Krewe of New Orleans.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I love the Krewe.

What I love most is everyone else around the world will be like "WTF?"...it's ours without us being totally cliche.

Love the Krewe or Brass. Rhythm not bad but Hornets just doesn't fit.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Maybe it's just the mardi gras still in my brain, but I feel strangely emotional today about the name Krewe of New Orleans.

Krewe of New Orleans is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad nickname. Totally diggin it.

It's kinda like the ole ABA Spirit of ST. LOUIS. I dig that!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    with the passenger ships coming and going from the city so often, secure a sponsorship from the Carnival people and let them advertise trips in/out of here as a Carnival Krewes...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

so is march 1st the day we're expected to get our news.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    so is march 1st the day we're expected to get our news.
    42 says more like march 12th

Obviously, my primary allegiance lies with the Charlotte franchise (hopefully, the Hornets!), but as an general fan of the NBA, I really, really dig the idea of the Krewe. I've seen some other stuff that was pretty cool, but as an outsider, the Krewe seems to be the most unique, New Orleans-focused name of all. Plus, it has a sort of rollicking edge to it...like I said, quintessential New Orleans (at least in the mind of a lame-brained tourist like myself

Which brings me to my next question...do y'all know of any concerted effort, similar to the one I've shared, to get ownership to consider the rebranding to the Krewe (or anything else, for that matter)? If not, all it takes is a Facebook account and 5 minutes...one of y'all should fire one up! I'd do it myself, but I'm afraid it might be a conflict of interest or something

I'd gladly hype the heck out of it through my various channels...I have at least 1,400 Charlotteans (and counting) that would be all over helping y'all achieve a little mutually assured revolution

Let me know if I can do anything to help!!!
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

this is more fun than Cockney Rhyming Slang....all our players would be required to wear their hair very, very short....this style would naturally be referred to as a Krewe cut....

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    Obviously, my primary allegiance lies with the Charlotte franchise (hopefully, the Hornets!), but as an general fan of the NBA, I really, really dig the idea of the Krewe. I've seen some other stuff that was pretty cool, but as an outsider, the Krewe seems to be the most unique, New Orleans-focused name of all. Plus, it has a sort of rollicking edge to it...like I said, quintessential New Orleans (at least in the mind of a lame-brained tourist like myself

Which brings me to my next question...do y'all know of any concerted effort, similar to the one I've shared, to get ownership to consider the rebranding to the Krewe (or anything else, for that matter)? If not, all it takes is a Facebook account and 5 minutes...one of y'all should fire one up! I'd do it myself, but I'm afraid it might be a conflict of interest or something

I'd gladly hype the heck out of it through my various channels...I have at least 1,400 Charlotteans (and counting) that would be all over helping y'all achieve a little mutually assured revolution

Let me know if I can do anything to help!!!
    I want stability before I want a name change, team seems to not be sold yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    42 says more like march 12th
    Informally by then, then more drama after.

This is not done or near it.

Weeks.

The first thing we hear may be the eventual 'answer' but this is weeks away from having dry ink on all the boring bits.

Weeks.

Buckle up.

This is what people were craving: progress.

And it happened.

Enjoy the ride, if you can.

this is more fun than Cockney Rhyming Slang....all our players would be required to wear their hair very, very short....this style would naturally be referred to as a Krewe cut....
    If I didn't know better, I may think you were being a hampton.

I am so deeply hurt that you might even suggest this....where is the censorship around here?
    I might be just a bit biased, but I thought Krewe's Quarters was pretty good...
    Last edited by ramsters60; 02-27-2012 at 02:17 PM.

I am so deeply hurt that you might even suggest this....where is the censorship around here?
    Now THAT is funny.

I still prefer a debrand.

can we be the tankers this season????????
    Welcome to be here

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Get us back the Jazz & we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by Blaqmoon View Post
    IMO The Hornets symbolize NOLA every time they step out on the court. As everyone knows im anti rebranding but if they have to change names The Masqueraders is ok and so it the Rhythm. The Krewe name though is straight trash, why not call them New Orleans French Quarter since most people think thats the only street here in New Orleans.
    Agreed. Why not change the name of the city too, from New Orleans to Mardi Gras.

I don't get why so many want to have a Mardi gras themed sports franchise. It's lame and unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Agreed. Why not change the name of the city too, from New Orleans to Mardi Gras.

I don't get why so many want to have a Mardi gras themed sports franchise. It's lame and unoriginal.
    And "Hornets" has what to do with New Orleans? Hornets symbolizes absolutely nothing about New Orleans. It certainly can grow on people to the point where they just get used to it (which is pretty much where it is headed for me), but it has no connection with New Orleans, but moreso with Charlotte.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Yeah. Think of all the other teams that have Mardi Gras themed names? Totally unoriginal name.

By that logic, shouldn't have named our first team the jazz, cuz that was unoriginal too. New York Knickerbockers? Tch. So unoriginal. May as well call the city Netherlands. And the Miami Heat? Oh please. Like all that city is is hot. So unoriginal and lame.

Tigers?

Anyone know without looking up the military reference?

This has to do with stuff is a stale excuse for people to complain. Counting down the days until this becomes absurd to talk about one way or another, becuase the dialog is robotic, copy-paste, stale, and screams of groupthink.

Counting down the days when people who hate a thread topic stop commenting in a thread topic they hate just so they can say how much they hate the thread topic...

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz_no_button.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	3501

That might be why ... in fact mardi gras colors are unique to one city.

Thread Information