Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Today I still believe that OKC had the blueprint to beating the warriors in a series with Adams and kantner scoring inside/outside,,, rebounding and being a matchup that the warriors couldn't match.......plus OKC had Westbrook and kd and a bench but Westbrook ego lost that series and sent kd to the warriors smdh....

Ad and boogie are the 4/5 matchup that we can force the warriors to use a real center because boogie would get green in foul trouble plus get points in the paint making them double boogie and get out of the small ball line up.......if we get a legit SF then the warriors would have to match up with us in a series unless they go crazy and make a wild number of 3s in a game then I can see us trying to match up to them.....a legit SF,,a big guard that can shoot and a decent bench..yes our team would give the warriors a team to fear..
    Westbrook's ego didn't lose them that series.

Westbrook's 7 game performance was

1: 27/6/12 with 3 turnovers on 33% from the field.
    2: 16/1/12 with 3 turnovers on 36% from the field.
    3: 30/8/12 with 4 turnovers on 53% from the field.
    4: 36/11/11 with 6 turnovers on 44% from the field.
    5: 31/7/8 with 7 turnovers on 39% from the field.
    6: 28/9/11 with 5 turnovers on 37% from the field.
    7: 19/7/13 with 3 turnovers on 33% from the field.

Durant's was:

1: 26/10/3 with 5 turnovers on 33% from the field.
    2: 29/6/1 with 8 turnovers on 61% from the field.
    3: 33/8/2 with 1 turnover on 67% from the field.
    4: 26/11/4 with 3 turnovers on 33% from the field.
    5: 40/7/4 with 3 turnovers on 38% from the field (12 of 31 wow)
    6: 29/7/3 with 3 turnovers on 32% from the field.
    7: 27/7/3 with 2 turnovers and 52% from the field.

What does that tell you? It tells you that Russ was inefficient and turnover prone the entire series: even when they were winning, he was throwing the ball away and shooting bricks. That's the nature of Russell Westbrook. I'm not condoning it, but it's who he is.

Durant, on the other hand. He completely vanished. He shot under 40% 4 times! When does he ever do that? He had games with 8 and 5 turnovers, when does he every do that? It wasn't Russell Westbrook's ego that lost them that series, it was Kevin Durant's Amazing Vanishing Act. He was bricking so hard he made Westbrook look like a sharpshooter at times. And we all know why: Draymond straight up admitted it, Golden State had been courting Durant all year. He gave up, he sucked, because he already knew where he was going in the off-season, and it wasn't back to Oklahoma.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    We can go off from 3 just as much as they can.. Another offseason of AD working on his 3 point shot, Jrue is steady from there as is Boogie, Rondo is ok.. We just need a 3&d (maybe shoot Miller up with some steroids in the offseason), at SF, and we could go shot for shot, as long as we slow the game down.. wont beat them by trying to outrun them

And this is what Houston and us don't have in the playoffs is someone who can slow the game down when the 3s are not falling...this is where boogie come into play being a better match up by throwing the ball to him in the paint..slowing the game down and giving it to boogie down low will be a score,,an and one,,,just a foul or a miss but the odds are good that we will come out with a positive outcome with him down low.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    And this is what Houston and us don't have in the playoffs is someone who can slow the game down when the 3s are not falling...this is where boogie come into play being a better match up by throwing the ball to him in the paint..slowing the game down and giving it to boogie down low will be a score,,an and one,,,just a foul or a miss but the odds are good that we will come out with a positive outcome with him down low.....
    Definitely agree.. With Boogie this year I wont say we win the series, but we take GS to 6-7 games.. Offseason priority 1 should be re-signing Boogie, #2 Rondo, #3 Trade Hill, Ajinca, Moore(if needed, keep if possible) and whatever draft assets needed to aquire a legit SF..

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Westbrook's ego didn't lose them that series.

Westbrook's 7 game performance was

1: 27/6/12 with 3 turnovers on 33% from the field.
    2: 16/1/12 with 3 turnovers on 36% from the field.
    3: 30/8/12 with 4 turnovers on 53% from the field.
    4: 36/11/11 with 6 turnovers on 44% from the field.
    5: 31/7/8 with 7 turnovers on 39% from the field.
    6: 28/9/11 with 5 turnovers on 37% from the field.
    7: 19/7/13 with 3 turnovers on 33% from the field.

Durant's was:

What does that tell you? It tells you that Russ was inefficient and turnover prone the entire series: even when they were winning, he was throwing the ball away and shooting bricks. That's the nature of Russell Westbrook. I'm not condoning it, but it's who he is.

Durant, on the other hand. He completely vanished. He shot under 40% 4 times! When does he ever do that? He had games with 8 and 5 turnovers, when does he every do that? It wasn't Russell Westbrook's ego that lost them that series, it was Kevin Durant's Amazing Vanishing Act. He was bricking so hard he made Westbrook look like a sharpshooter at times. And we all know why: Draymond straight up admitted it, Golden State had been courting Durant all year. He gave up, he sucked, because he already knew where he was going in the off-season, and it wasn't back to Oklahoma.

I get the stats show you one thing but we all know stats tell half truth.....when OKC was up 3/1 adams and kantner was a big factor in that lead....now watching the game you saw Westbrook going away from what got them the series lead and that was going away from adams and kantner,,,not getting them involved,,,,,like his missed shots should have went to adams or kantner for better shots and him not taking bad shots......a lot of people were talking about that how he was trying to play hero ball after that lead and that's why I said his ego cost them that series........yes your stats show one thing but the stats don't show what the eye test saw meaning why I say stats tell half truths......

I remember KD disappearing after the 3/1 lead also and at the time I figure it was frustration with Westbrook playing hero ball....then when KD signed with the warriors,,I then believe that he threw the series because he made a deal with the warriors and I believe that he threw it because he thought it would be hard for him to justify leaving OKC and joining the warriors just after beating them......

Yes you are right KD had a part in loosing that series so him and Westbrook killed that series lol smdh......

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I disagree strongly that a team of Jrue/Rondo/Leonard/AD/Cousins would get steamrolled. That front court would destroy Golden States' and Leonard with Jrue defensively would be an absolute nightmare.

The truth is Golden State only has one option of trying to contain Cousins and that's try and get into his head so he gets ejected. I honestly believe if we played Golden State with that team that a fight would break out between Green and Cousins.
    I never said that team would be steamrolled, I said a team that trys to beat the Warriors at their game would.
    Last edited by redrum; 05-21-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

The Franchise
    I disagree strongly that a team of Jrue/Rondo/Leonard/AD/Cousins would get steamrolled. That front court would destroy Golden States' and Leonard with Jrue defensively would be an absolute nightmare.

The truth is Golden State only has one option of trying to contain Cousins and that's try and get into his head so he gets ejected. I honestly believe if we played Golden State with that team that a fight would break out between Green and Cousins.
    I’d love to have a chance at that team. I’d even be willing to take a chance he doesn’t resigns. We could always max him or do a sign and trade when the time comes.

I would like to sign Nick “Swaggy P” Young this off season. He signed a contract with the Warriors for 1 year $5.2 million. That is a very good contract for him imo and I think we could most likely get him for less now that Cook is going to get those future minutes and cut down his suitors in FA. It was between us and the Warriors before he chose them wanting to be on a contender. Now we have showed we can win big as well. He’s an upgrade to the bench giving us some versatility at SG/SF while giving us the much needed length we have been looking for. Would have been a better option over Moore starting at SF during the season and playoffs giving us some much needed length. Just an option that I think would come cheap and would be a solid fit here. Mario Henzonja is still my steal of free agency and would give him the MLE which is probably what it will take. Either way height/length/athleticism needs to be our sole focus to add this offseason.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-24-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I would like to sign Nick “Swaggy P” Young this off season. He signed a contract with the Warriors for 1 year $5.2 million. That is a very good contract for him imo and I think we could most likely get him for less now that Cook is going to get those future minutes and cut down his suitors in FA. It was between us and the Warriors before he chose them wanting to be on a contender. Now we have showed we can win big as well. He’s an upgrade to the bench giving us some versatility at SG/SF while giving us the much needed length we have been looking for. Would have been a better option over Moore starting at SF during the season and playoffs giving us some much needed length. Just an option that I think would come cheap and would be a solid fit here. Mario Henzonja is still my steal of free agency and would give him the MLE which is probably what it will take. Either way height/length/athleticism needs to be our sole focus to add this offseason.

I'm going to get on the Henzonja train with you man.

many teams are on Hezonja train

tax payer MLE might not be enough

Basketball Guru
    [QUOTE=Pelicanidae;146188

Durant, on the other hand. He completely vanished. He shot under 40% 4 times! When does he ever do that? He had games with 8 and 5 turnovers, when does he every do that? It wasn't Russell Westbrook's ego that lost them that series, it was Kevin Durant's Amazing Vanishing Act. He was bricking so hard he made Westbrook look like a sharpshooter at times. And we all know why: Draymond straight up admitted it, Golden State had been courting Durant all year. He gave up, he sucked, because he already knew where he was going in the off-season, and it wasn't back to Oklahoma.[/QUOTE]
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

Lol pelicanidae I know you see it lol....KD is doing his disappearing act again......will KD be on another team next season?...I'm going there,,may be KD see us as the new warriors and will join AD ,,jrue and boogie next season.......

To me, KD is doing the samething he did in OKC when he made the deal to go play for the warriors.....

Rondo
    Jrue
    KD
    AD
    Boogie

Do you think it's happening?....cp3 will not play in game 6 so it will be hard for KD to have a bad game but if he does?.......dude you have me thinking like this because I forgot about KD in OKC until you posted that reply and now you have me thinking this can happen.......
    Last edited by 6warddude; 05-25-2018 at 12:09 PM.

With Davis Super max looming and no investment made to draft over the last 5 years. I'm officially on board with maxing Boogie.

I think diallo is good young depth and maybe frank has special sauce too. We don't know what our only draft pick last season brings to the table. I think diallo has the potential to play much better from game 1 next season. I hope we see a good, young point guard who contributes if even in garbage time.

We will sign boogie... It is necessary and hopefully he is still a scorer who passes, plays defense and scores easily.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hope beyond hope Frank Jackson has some juice to his game. It’s sorely needed. One thing I notice with Donovan Mitchell and guys like James Harden is how lightning fast their first step is. And apparently Jackson has a great first step.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Problem with that is if we use the MLE on him, we will not be able to re-sign Rondo

The Franchise
    I think we could find good bigs for cheap. I’d much prefer to trade Diallo for a late first or second rounder. We need cheap players with potential preferably big wings.

I think Rondo will be able to be kept for 3.9 mill which won’t have to use MLE.

Question.. if we sign Cousins first, then can we sign Rondo with MLE without being hard capped?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Question.. if we sign Cousins first, then can we sign Rondo with MLE without being hard capped?
    No.
    If we sign Cousins then our MLE changes to what is called the Tax Payers MLE.

No.
    And only the Non-tax payers MLE can cause a hard cap?

I want to send ajinca and our 2nd to dallas for dorian finney smith

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I want to send ajinca and our 2nd to dallas for dorian finney smith
    Hopefully that never happens, I'd rather trade with OKC straight up AA for Singler. Not that this is a good move for an expiring, many other options, but probably better value and keep pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    And only the Non-tax payers MLE can cause a hard cap?
    There are multiple ways to hard cap a team. The non tax payer MLE is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Hopefully that never happens, I'd rather trade with OKC straight up AA for Singler. Not that this is a good move for an expiring, many other options, but probably better value and keep pick.
    Even minus the pick. I want to turn ajinca and hill into a more productive player and cap relief.

Also tax-wise it will be good to add a rookie scale contract - Jackson and Diallo got 800k on their first seasons.

Not sure if 51st pick will be enough to dump AA. Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I hope beyond hope Frank Jackson has some juice to his game. It’s sorely needed. One thing I notice with Donovan Mitchell and guys like James Harden is how lightning fast their first step is. And apparently Jackson has a great first step.
    Frank Jackson will probably be alot like Dante Exum
    SIGN A SF

No.
    Is there a website that actually details why all these different exceptions were introduced and why only some trigger the hard cap? And why the MLE randomly changes to the TPE under certain conditions? And why they even exist in the first place?

I swear trying to understand everything about the NBA salary cap is harder to understand than all of quantum physics concepts combined.
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-06-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Thread Information