Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official "I Hate Roger Mason" Thread

The Official "I Hate Roger Mason" Thread

Just don't get it. Rivers is an infinitely better defender and is the only player on our team that can cut into the defense, YET RMJ starts every game and plays 30 minutes. We have a project rookie with a ton of upside or a terrible vet with no upside. SMH.

Endorse how much you hate RMJ below.

Rookie
    Strong name to thread content correlation

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Rivers is not an infinitely better defender at all, and Rivers can hardly cut the defense without losing the ball.

Rivers has done nothing at all to earn his minutes.

Mason has a good heart. He gave out turkeys last week so be nice to him

Yea just say you'd rather have rivers get more minutes. Im sure no one here hates mason. I hate Blake griffin cause he's a flaming ******. Mason is cool with me but I would like to see rivers more at point

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    You officially have problems... Mason Jr is a good guy and a decent player. Monty makes you EARN PT, obviously Rivers has not earned it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Who in the hell would rather have Rivers than Mason???

I think Mason is playing fine. Rivers has been looking more like a mistake of a draft pick more and more.

Fact is. They both have sucked. We're 3-8 and going nowhere fast. Why waste minutes on a veteran who should be happy to be on ANY team at all, much less starting. Their advanced stats are fairly similar. Difference is that 1) Mason's minutes are more consistent, as are the players he shares the court with 2) Mason's minutes seem to be automatic, no matter how much he screws up 3) Rivers doesn't get the same luxury.

I frankly don't even think you people are watching the same team. Do me a favor, watch Mason throughout a game and count how many times he MAKES a play on EITHER end of the floor. Do the same for Rivers. It's not even close. Even the reverse applies. Count boneheaded plays for either. This one would be closer but Rivers would still come out victorious.

LMAO, sick layup, 1v1 steal for Iggy, leads a break, layup, defensive rebound, pushes ball, pass,pass, Miller 3, than a BS foul when he's BATTLING a 7 footer for a rebound in the block? Jesus.

i'm still convince Mason can't take three consecutive dribbles toward the basket with his off hand

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    Doc?

They both are terrible. Neither are starter material. What is it with Rivers. Is he really this pathetic of a shooter and if so, what was our scouting department looking at when they fell in love with him, his name?

The problem with Mason is the way we are utilizing him. He needs the ball in his hand to be effective. He's more of an off the dribble guy than a spot up guy in a structured offense.

If you watched that 4th quarter like a true fan, CASE CLOSED.

Yea your the greatest fan ever and we know nothing. No. Stupid thread from the get-go.

I completely agree in that RMJ SHOULD NOT be getting the minutes he's getting. Rivers is a project and needs more minutes. Screw it if Monty says you have to "deserve" minutes, thats BS, especially since we are rebuilding and you are obviously gonna have a few tough years as a rookie. Imagine if Rivers was on a playoff team, deep on the bench, he'd be getting no experience and now he is on a team who's dead last in the west and still getting very little experience. And to prove my point even more, if RMJ and AR are both sucking it up, then why play a guy who's been in the league for years who has no more potential, over a young 19 year old with All-star potential and qualities. It blows my effin mind. Sure I love Roger but my god we could have somebody who could be an iverson/ellis type player in Rivers if he gets consistent minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I completely agree in that RMJ SHOULD NOT be getting the minutes he's getting. Rivers is a project and needs more minutes. Screw it if Monty says you have to "deserve" minutes, thats BS, especially since we are rebuilding and you are obviously gonna have a few tough years as a rookie. Imagine if Rivers was on a playoff team, deep on the bench, he'd be getting no experience and now he is on a team who's dead last in the west and still getting very little experience. And to prove my point even more, if RMJ and AR are both sucking it up, then why play a guy who's been in the league for years who has no more potential, over a young 19 year old with All-star potential and qualities. It blows my effin mind. Sure I love Roger but my god we could have somebody who could be an iverson/ellis type player in Rivers if he gets consistent minutes.
    He played 15 minutes tonight. There's only 2 games where he logged big minutes.

I only watched the 2nd half, but Rivers looked great. I'm dead serious. Who gives a **** if he wasn't hitting his shots? He got fouled on half of his attempts, all were no-calls, complete BS by the refs. He was setting his teammates up great, playing great defense, leading the break, running the offense. You people need to stop watching the box score and start watching the game.

Rivers had the ball in his hands much more tonight (Roberts played much more SG, Rivers PG), and it's no wonder he had his best game as a Hornet tonight. Guy is going to be an All Star PG one day, book it.

By the way, this is a stupid thread. Don't hate on Mason because he is getting decent minutes. Rivers is a rookie, and his minutes will increase over time. Monty is breaking him in - not feeding him to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Yea your the greatest fan ever and we know nothing. No. Stupid thread from the get-go.
    Not aimed at you, aimed at the peanut gallery who blindly accepts whatever they see as the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Who in the hell would rather have Rivers than Mason???

I think Mason is playing fine. Rivers has been looking more like a mistake of a draft pick more and more.
    So you judge a kid after what 13 games. Go look up James Harden rookie stats and that was with KD and Westbrook. Give Rivers some time the kid still doesn't know his role on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I only watched the 2nd half, but Rivers looked great. I'm dead serious. Who gives a **** if he wasn't hitting his shots? He got fouled on half of his attempts, all were no-calls, complete BS by the refs. He was setting his teammates up great, playing great defense, leading the break, running the offense. You people need to stop watching the box score and start watching the game.

Rivers had the ball in his hands much more tonight (Roberts played much more SG, Rivers PG), and it's no wonder he had his best game as a Hornet tonight. Guy is going to be an All Star PG one day, book it.

By the way, this is a stupid thread. Don't hate on Mason because he is getting decent minutes. Rivers is a rookie, and his minutes will increase over time. Monty is breaking him in - not feeding him to the wolves.
    Maybe I'd believe you if we hadn't of been subjected to the Willie Green/Marco Belinelli show instead of watching a talented 2nd year player in Marcus Thornton rot on the bench before being shipped out for pennies on the dollar. Say what you want about the kid's attitude, but he doesn't seem to have the problem in Sacramento and Monty simply failed miserably at developing him mentally, emotionally, and physically. I simply do not want to see Monty improperly develop another young prospect by crushing his confidence and making him look over his shoulder for no reason at all.

A non-timid Rivers showed you exactly what he is capable of tonight. It's night and day. Monty needs to show TRUST in his young stud and let him grow, instead of making him "earn" it, which he already seems to be doing a better job of anyways. It's not a hard concept but for some reason it seems to be the one glaring flaw in Monty's coaching skillset. I love the guy. But I'm calling a spade a spade when I see it.

This is all to familiar.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    So you judge a kid after what 13 games. Go look up James Harden rookie stats and that was with KD and Westbrook. Give Rivers some time the kid still doesn't know his role on the team.
    I've been skeptical of this kid since day 1. The guy has done nothing to impress me so far. I tried to get excited and get on the Rivers bandwagon but I couldn't. At least Harden was spectacular in his college days. Rivers was OK in college but nothing special. He should've stayed in college until he separated himself from all the other players. Now obviously, I would love for him to prove me wrong, but something tells me it's not gonna happen.

Sometimes I just feel we drafted Rivers just because Monty had a relationship with him and his family. I heard his draft workouts were very mediocre, so what has he done to have all these expectations set up on him? There were better choices for this team than Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Umm I second this. David Wesley and Joel Meyers could not stop complimenting. Good point by Wesley: it's tough for Rivers (and the entire team) to get calls with being so young.

What makes me the most frustrated and cracks me up is that some of these very people who are selling out on Rivers in the first 13 games of his career, keep forgetting that he is (at the moment) a project that could take a bit to blossom, now these same people who are so frustrated by that, were dying to have Andre Drummond... SMH. Right now, we're in a slump. No one is playing exceptionally well. It'll be a long year.

Mason is a vet min (or close to) guy and is playing like one. I can't be mad at that.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information