Pelicans Report

Thread: More from Chalk Talk

More from Chalk Talk

At Del's Chalk talk on Saturday.

Del was sweating and had a towel for his head when he came in since he just finished working out. He spoke for 40 minutes.

Says he enjoys his job and coming to work every day.

Stress reaction for AD is a little different from a similar condition with a more mature player since he had such a recent growth spurt and his bones may not be as hard - trying to make sure that it won't reoccur.

Gordon wanted to rehab here but Hornets sent him to LA so he could get full attention since training staff was busy with rest of team and could not devote full attention. He rehabs from 8:30 until 2:30-3:00 every day. CP3 had a similar weakness in his quad after his knee injury. Hornets trainers strengthened it and he has not had any more knee problems. He sought out the training staff during Olympic trials and thanked them for their treatment. Now Gordon's quad is 65-70% strength, up from about 10% when he went to LA.

Hornets have a large staff for player development including 2 bigs on staff - I think he said they have 8 so each position get individual attention. Said Pops was a little upset with him since he took them with him from San Antonio. His Christmas present from Pops has gotten smaller.

Warrick trade was strictly a favor to Warrick, a good guy, so that he could get minutes. And saved a little money and opened a roster spot if needed, maybe for a D-League player on a tear.

Championship team model needed 3 all star caliber players. One of those does not have to be at point guard. Vasquez could be fine at point with 3 such players. He asked who is better: Mario Chalmers (Heat) or Vasquez and consensus in crowd was GV was better.

Says Hornets were going to be in great shape salary cap wise next year, with lot of money to spend along with Houston and Utah.

Commenting on the colors and name was above his pay grade.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Great info. Thanks!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Wow some interesting stuff. The Warrick thing is pretty much exactly like I thought, and them sending Gordon is interesting and encouraging, though it wont change the mind of Gordon haters.

Thanks for the info.

Nice.

really good insight..thank you for that..vasquez will be our pg for the long haul like I thought he would be...love it

Great stuff. Thanks for posting!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    this was interesting....thanks!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Timely post...

Stand by what I said, in 3 years with experience a high draft pick and all the money we have to spend we will be a top 5 team for a long time, hope we can land Otto porter or shabazz

Great info. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    You really think they sent gordon? Sounds like some PR moves....
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Damned if he says something/anything about Gordon, damned if he doesn't.

Thanks for the info btw oceanback.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    really good insight..thank you for that..vasquez will be our pg for the long haul like I thought he would be...love it
    That's not what he said. The first chance he gets to grab a young athletic, starting caliber point guard, he's going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit. If he's going to be out for an extended period of time, he might as well go somewhere that he can have trainers devoted to him 24/7. That would not be the case here, and if it was, it would hurt the other players.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    That's not what he said. The first chance he gets to grab a young athletic, starting caliber point guard, he's going to take it.
    I wouldn't go that far, but I also wouldn't assume that Vasquez is the long term PG. You never really know with Demps.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah View Post
    Does it matter? People will look at it in a negative light no matter what happened.

10%! Gordon was playing on one leg! Hope this rehab stint is legit cure. I worry that Gordon has a chronic or debilitative knee condition. The dreaded "microfracture" surgery was apparently considered last year. If it really is just a matter of getting his quad up to strength, then I feel a lot better about his longterm future, and the team's...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Like I said, random percentages FTW!

Was his knee down to 10% full strength. Like if his knee was at 100, it went all the way down to down to 10. Or did it LOSE 10%. So it's down to 90? But he got back 65% of what he lost or some other numbers stuff that I'm way to lazy to think on.

What will happen first: End of World by Mayan predictions or Hornets are at full strength AD and EG return?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    What will happen first: End of World by Mayan predictions or Hornets are at full strength AD and EG return?
    ya know...its just possible that somebody beats Aarons before then...

Thread Information