Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just got NBA 2k13, the Hornets are so fun to play with!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Overalls are overrated. Anderson being a 69 doesn't mean a thing. He can still knock down 3s with regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    FREAKIN AMINU is rated higher!!! lol
    im mention this and the ratings. Dont yall bother to look
    Ballin

You all know that you can just change the controls back to 2k12. Mine came in the mail today, daps to Amazon Prime lol.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I've been having a blast playing with the Hornets. Austin is unstoppable...

Two areas I think 2K screwed Anthony Davis in are his blocks rating listed at 83 (which makes Robin Lopez the best shot blocker on the team) and his vertical jump which is a 68.

I also find it extremely hard to get a shot off with Eric Gordon due to him not having a high release point on his jump shot. 95% of the time I have to hop step away from the defender to get his shot off.

Dropped like 24 points(high percentage) and 4 assists with Rivers. It feels as if he's a star or volume scorer lol. Playing against nuggets. 75-73

I play my career.. got drafted to hornets and we actually beat the spurs 102-100 and hornets looks so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Two areas I think 2K screwed Anthony Davis in are his blocks rating listed at 83 (which makes Robin Lopez the best shot blocker on the team) and his vertical jump which is a 68.

I also find it extremely hard to get a shot off with Eric Gordon due to him not having a high release point on his jump shot. 95% of the time I have to hop step away from the defender to get his shot off.
    I agree with both of your points. I see guys like Blake Griffin getting up to block more shots than AD because of their vertical rating. Usually in 2K, if you are not a 7 footer, you need a higher vertical to be a consistent shot blocker.

Gordon gets his shot blocked a lot when I play with him too.

Austin is very quick and finishes with authority.

I mainly play online...

I hadent gotten my shot blocked once with Gordon which is surprising, but Rivers is much more fun to play w. Davis is a moster, 3 blocks the first game.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Just got NBA 2k13, the Hornets are so fun to play with!

I am trying to turn the pistons into contenders as a SG/PG

I'm going to restart MyCareer until the Hornets take me. I play as a PG, so my guy should fit fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    I'm going to restart MyCareer until the Hornets take me. I play as a PG, so my guy should fit fairly well.
    i wana play point but i want Rivers, Gordon, and Davis all starting so ill play SF

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I hadent gotten my shot blocked once with Gordon which is surprising, but Rivers is much more fun to play w. Davis is a moster, 3 blocks the first game.
    Man that makes me mad cause Davis hasnt blocked any shots in the last 4 online games but he affects the shot though which is nice. Won all 4

What's up with no Darius Miller?

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    i wana play point but i want Rivers, Gordon, and Davis all starting so ill play SF

If the Hornets draft your My Player then they cannot draft both Rivers and Davis lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarhornetsfan View Post
    If the Hornets draft your My Player then they cannot draft both Rivers and Davis lol.
    yes they can, have you played. if you are drafted, the player the team drafted in real life at tht spot still goes there. It's like your player doesnt exist.

Yep, I got drafted by the blazers at 6 and they took lillard at 6 as well? lol

I think I'm gonna go SF instead of SG. As a scoring SG, you pretty much only get points. I want to be able to be a statsheet stuffer, not just a scorer.

I went defensive PF. My guy is annoyingly bad at scoring...
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I went defensive PF. My guy is annoyingly bad at scoring...
    Yeah, thats the tradeoff. I will probably make my SF All-Around so I can build each skill in turn. First - midrange and 3pt.

I made an athletic Center. He's so much faster than any other Center you can create. Going with the strategy of "growing into my body" by putting points into physical skills (verticle Speed Quickness etc), then i'll work on things like refining my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I made an athletic Center. He's so much faster than any other Center you can create. Going with the strategy of "growing into my body" by putting points into physical skills (verticle Speed Quickness etc), then i'll work on things like refining my skills.
    Pick and rolls must be hella fun.

"All around" players are pretty good but dont have the physical tools i wanted or what i think you need to be elite in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Pick and rolls must be hella fun.
    All my scoring comes there, but Damian Lillard doesnt pass the ball much. I've average like 6 ppg, 4 rebounds 2 assist and a block off the bench.

So, after starting on All star, getting hammered by the the spurs, almost beating the Jazz; I've changed my lineup to:
    1. Vasquez
    2. Gordon
    3. Aminu
    4. Davis
    5. Smith

6th man - Rivers

What i've noticed is Anderson gets a ton of open 3s this way.

Thread Information