Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Benson sent letter of support to Monty/Demps

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Eastern Conference. Would have never survived in West. How long has O.J. Mayo been in the league?
    So? Doesnt change anything i said. They won 2 games against a healthy and very good Bulls team. That would be in the playoffs in the West. And would have won even more games if they had this healthy roster that the Bucks played well against.

Heck the Bucks didn't even have their centerpiece player all season who would of been finding his feet like Wiggins did late in the season.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-30-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Please do.
    You took the words right out of my mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    The Pelicans would've made it to the finals in the East if fully healthy.
    .....this board sometimes. Our young team with fourth quarter woes all season was not going to beat a healthy Cavs or Bulls team in a 7 game series. Probably not Atlanta either.

Well the Spurs just lost.

Take Lebron off the Cavs team and they are garbage with the exception of some Irving games. Case in point they lost every game on that west coast trip when Lebron was injured.
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-30-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Ugh, people think we would roll in the East...you know, we can't even call them the Least due to our record against that conference, and you want to say we would be in their Conf. Finals?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ugh, people think we would roll in the East...you know, we can't even call them the Least due to our record against that conference, and you want to say we would be in their Conf. Finals?
    I believe we finished above .500 against the east. 15-13 is my guess. I think the Spurs had losses to the Knicks and Sixers to so don't go that route.

I believe we finished above .500 against the east. 15-13 is my guess. I think the Spurs had losses to the Knicks and Sixers to so don't go that route.
    He's responding to the thought that we'd roll through the East, so really you shouldn't go that route. Noting the Spurs isn't an adequate counterargument to his point. We were anything but world-beaters against the Eastern Conference this year.

The Spurs went 23-7 against the East, we went 16-14 against the East. We aren't the Spurs, and we definitely wouldn't make the ECF's. Heck, going by the record, Dallas would have rolled the East as well (we both finished with similar records vs the East), I don't think anyone here would argue that they would dominate the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    He's responding to the thought that we'd roll through the East, so really you shouldn't go that route. Noting the Spurs isn't an adequate counterargument to his point. We were anything but world-beaters against the Eastern Conference this year.
    Again above .500 against East teams. I believe we did beat some playoff teams in that group. Start with Cleveland with Lebron. Nobody said we were world beaters vs East.

Again above .500 against East teams. I believe we did beat some playoff teams in that group. Start with Cleveland with Lebron. Nobody said we were world beaters vs East.
    Now connect that to how that is relevent to the discussion you jumped into?

I feel like this is becoming a staple where you jump into conversations and argue points not being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Now connect that to how that is relevent to the discussion you jumped into?

I feel like this is becoming a staple where you jump into conversations and argue points not being discussed.
    Well then let us go back to the title of this thread.
    Monty Williams did a good job this season and we improved . Mr Benson noticed and rewarded him and Dell with another year. Let us discuss how Monty has improved year after year.

Well then let us go back to the title of this thread.
    Monty Williams did a good job this season and we improved . Mr Benson noticed and rewarded him and Dell with another year. Let us discuss how Monty has improved year after year.
    How about this? Don't jump into conversations if you are going to try and derail them and have nothing relevant to contribute?

If you are just a troll account - which more and more it looks like you are with your posts - at least bring humor or something to the table.

We got swept by the Celtics this season. Let that sink in.

Whoever said we would be making it to the ECF's is crazy.

How about this? Don't jump into conversations if you are going to try and derail them and have nothing relevant to contribute?

If you are just a troll account - which more and more it looks like you are with your posts - at least bring humor or something to the table.
    Your conversation? I thought this was an open forum? Read the thread history and see who posted before you.Also don't get so bent.
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-01-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We got swept by the Celtics this season. Let that sink in.

Whoever said we would be making it to the ECF's is crazy.
    We swept the Nets and the Raptors. Let that sink in. Nobody said we would make ECF but majority agree West is batter than East

Also who ended the Hawks 20 game win streak ? Think about that!

4real, I thought I was taking crazy pills or something.

Your conversation? I thought this was an open forum? Read the thread history and see who posted before you.Also don't get so bent.
    This is not an open forum. There are rules. Now you haven't violated them by butting into a conversation and hijacking the conversation with irrelevant points but I also am not violating any rules in calling you out for what has become a common occurrence with your posts recently.

You quoted someone who was speaking directly to a particular post about waltzing to the ECF this year. You quoted him, injected irrelevant red herrings that served only to hijack the conversation and make it about something else entirely while never once addressing the core argument you jumped into. If you aren't trolling you are doing a good impression of one

We swept the Nets and the Raptors. Let that sink in. Nobody said we would make ECF but majority agree West is batter than East
    Maybe take your own advice? How about read the thread history?

So how about you stop arguing straw men, jumping into conversations you clearly didn't take the time to understand what was being discussed, and generally just try and be more then a thread hijacker
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-01-2015 at 06:08 PM.

This is not an open forum. There are rules. Now you haven't violated them by butting into a conversation and hijacking the conversation with irrelevant points but I also am not violating any rules in calling you out for what has become a common occurrence with your posts recently.

You quoted someone who was speaking directly to a particular post about waltzing to the ECF this year. You quoted him, injected irrelevant red herrings that served only to hijack the conversation and make it about something else entirely while never once addressing the core argument you jumped into. If you aren't trolling you are doing a good impression of one

Maybe take your own advice? How about read the thread history?

So how about you stop arguing straw men, jumping into conversations you clearly didn't take the time to understand what was being discussed, and generally just try and be more then a thread hijacker
    Well I can't speak for Noggy. Maybe he was at Jazzfest earlier. Sorry I interfered with your very intimate conversation on a message board. I'm moving on besides I'm already looking forward to next season.

Back on topic, From Dark Hornet on another forum

"2012–13: 27-55 (AD's first season)
    2013–14: 34-48 (+7)
    2014–15: 45-37 (+11)

People talk like this team is moving backwards. It is not. Even with the injuries. "

-Dark Hornet

Back on topic, From Dark Hornet on another forum

"2012–13: 27-55 (AD's first season)
    2013–14: 34-48 (+7)
    2014–15: 45-37 (+11)

People talk like this team is moving backwards. It is not. Even with the injuries. "

-Dark Hornet
    Incredibly oversimplified argument. And no, even most of those who want change don't think we're going backwards. We just see a definite ceiling to where we can truly go with the current coach.

Noticed or unnoticed but Demps finished 10th for the NBA's Executive of the Year award.
    he received 3 third place votes from his fellow GM's.
    It is nice sign of respect from other GM's.

Why yes that is very nice. It should also be noted that Monty was 3rd in coach of the year voting
    Monty got one vote for coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Incredibly oversimplified argument. And no, even most of those who want change don't think we're going backwards. We just see a definite ceiling to where we can truly go with the current coach.
    I was not trying to argue that Monty is definitely the guy (The trouble that comes when a post is pulled out of it's context). I was simply arguing that we don't know. People think that Monty has a ceiling that he will never get past. My point is simply that, while that may be true, we're still improving. It would be unfair to pull the plug now. When we stop improving, then you pull the plug on Monty.
    Last edited by DarkHornet; 05-04-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Thread Information