Pelicans Report

Thread: God I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE FACE THE ROCKETS AGAIN on March 19th

God I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE FACE THE ROCKETS AGAIN on March 19th

I want ad to make a statement and put up 40 to 50 in that game in a win of course. All of this harden talk and i believe AD deserves mvp if we finish top 4. I think we match up with them pretty well and i cant wait for ad to deztroy that bum capella after mark jackson proclaimed him a all star last weekend.

I expect we get beat handedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    I want ad to make a statement and put up 40 to 50 in that game in a win of course. All of this harden talk and i believe AD deserves mvp if we finish top 4. I think we match up with them pretty well and i cant wait for ad to deztroy that bum capella after mark jackson proclaimed him a all star last weekend.
    Why they will destroy us... I would love to wait for that game
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Why they will destroy us... I would love to wait for that game
    You must not be a Pelicans fan or really watch basketball...Its all about matchups and they do not match up well with us at all. AD really causes alot of isues for them in more ways than you think. I rewatched the last game we played against them in which we won and boogie wasnt too much of a factor,but ad was. They put 5 different defenders on him..Nene,Capella,Anderson,Ariza, and even Harden got some and they all failed and it caused issues elsewhere. Our great pg play takes advantage of it. We have mirotic this game ,which means a even more deadly threat for points from outside. We also should have solomon hill back also and i remember him going off on them last year in n o against pretty much the same team. I watched the game over and even the loss from the 1st game which came down to the final minute without AD.

I really wish our fan base could not go from 1 extreme to the other. For most of this season people wanted everyone fired and traded. We suddenly have an 8 game win streak and now people can't wait to face the Rockets and beat them?

Guys, we have had a good run, everyone should be excited for basketball, but the Rockets are currently on a win streak that is nearly double our own length. Last time we played them it took nearly everything we had and that was WITH Cousins.

No one should be expecting a win against the Rockets. If anyone is thinking that they are going to be disappointed when we lose to any other team and guess what? We are going to lose to someone else.

The Rockets game will come. No need to rush it.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm also not dreading it. It'll come, we'll give it our all and we have a chance the same way anyone does: we could definitely walk away with a win. But it's also far from a gimme, the Rockets are legit in the regular season and they wont be looking to give us anything. Whatever the result, I'll be fine as long as we give it effort on both ends.
    Basketball.

While I do think he is being a bit optimistic.....he is the only one actually backing up claims with Xs and Os. A palate cleansing tonic, for sure.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Cheer up, stay positive and realize that we have 1 helluva team right now. Our ball movement, designed rub routes,pick plays have been a thing of beauty on film. I think they finally are running golden st like plays this year and you see it when you watch the game over. I think ian clark may have helped them this year with it. because they attempted it last year to no avail,but also having a high bball iq pg like rondo is making it better also. I love my pels and the best is yet to come fellas. lets pull for the lakers tonight to beat Portland and move up the rankings to 3 #DoItBig#

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    You must not be a Pelicans fan or really watch basketball...Its all about matchups and they do not match up well with us at all. AD really causes alot of isues for them in more ways than you think. I rewatched the last game we played against them in which we won and boogie wasnt too much of a factor,but ad was. They put 5 different defenders on him..Nene,Capella,Anderson,Ariza, and even Harden got some and they all failed and it caused issues elsewhere. Our great pg play takes advantage of it. We have mirotic this game ,which means a even more deadly threat for points from outside. We also should have solomon hill back also and i remember him going off on them last year in n o against pretty much the same team. I watched the game over and even the loss from the 1st game which came down to the final minute without AD.
    Damn you got me I’m not a pels fan

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I really wish our fan base could not go from 1 extreme to the other. For most of this season people wanted everyone fired and traded. We suddenly have an 8 game win streak and now people can't wait to face the Rockets and beat them?

Guys, we have had a good run, everyone should be excited for basketball, but the Rockets are currently on a win streak that is nearly double our own length. Last time we played them it took nearly everything we had and that was WITH Cousins.

No one should be expecting a win against the Rockets. If anyone is thinking that they are going to be disappointed when we lose to any other team and guess what? We are going to lose to someone else.

The Rockets game will come. No need to rush it.
    I'm gonna toss this out for giggles !
    What if we went after a BIG TIME wing i.e. Paul Georgeish & an athletic #5 that can & will run the court i.e Meyers Leonardish, instead of Boogie? Thoughts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    What if we went after a BIG TIME wing i.e. Paul Georgeish & an athletic #5 that can & will run the court i.e Meyers Leonardish, instead of Boogie? Thoughts!!!
    Why would Paul George come here? What do we have to offer and how do you think he would feel if we just dismissed boogie like that?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Why would Paul George come here? What do we have to offer and how do you think he would feel if we just dismissed boogie like that?
    1) I didn't say Paul George. 2) what do you mean dismiss? It's a business. This teams style of offense is running very fluently right now without Boogie thinking he's the PG.
    Paul Georgeish-> you know, like using PG13 as the type of player I'm talking about. lhriss Middleton, Tobias Harris, Evan Fournier & so on. It was a generality, that's all. Frankly I think Meyers Leonard would fit perfectly. he runs, athletic, shoots 3's & tough. BUT, wouldn't pay him on that contract.

I'd do it, but I don't think that is realistically in the cards.

I feel like the only thing that gets us a Paul George type to want to come here would be Cousins/AD and a deep playoff run. But because of the salary of an AD/Cousins/Jrue, you really would struggle to afford a Paul George. So its a catch 22.

Though I think realistically what would be nice is to get a deep playoff run with Cousins/AD and than you start to look like one of those small handful of teams that those Trevor Ariza tier players that come into free agency, can be had relatively cost effectively because they are looking to win on a good team and really help round out a roster. That I think is realistic. Replacing, say, Solomon Hill with a Trevor Ariza tier player and Rondo with a George Hill type(while retaining Rondo for a minimum or something off the bench). Getting yourself a Eric Gordon or Lou Williams tier scorer off the bench. So you are really just buffering up your roster around your core superstars. Which I think is what will put this team into that contender category.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-05-2018 at 09:08 PM.

It would be pretty darn cool.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

God I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE FACE THE ROCKETS AGAIN on March 19th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information