Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Davis is on the active roster for tonight's Team USA game

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    I'd hardly call summer league "consistent NBA level talent" maybe D-League level talent or just barely above that
    I'm not talking about stars. A lot of the guys in summer league have NBA experience. As opposed to the guys team USA will face.

It's a good experience either way. I just think at this stage actually playing will do him better than mostly watching.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    1. Laettner is no AD

2. How can you say for sure it didn't help him? He might have been worse without it.
    Laettner had skills enough to run circles around Shaq when the big man was a damn good sophomore. It obviously didnt help Laettners confidence or work ethic since he did nothing but watch both at games and practice with that team USA.

Say and believe whatever you want, but he needs to practice hard with these guys to get anything material out of this. Taking notes can only go so far no matter what your profession.

The good thing is with all the injuries and thin front line, he should get that quality time.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Laettner had skills enough to run circles around Shaq when the big man was a damn good sophomore. It obviously didnt help Laettners confidence or work ethic since he did nothing but watch both at games and practice with that team USA.

Say and believe whatever you want, but he needs to practice hard with these guys to get anything material out of this. Taking notes can only go so far no matter what your profession.

The good thing is with all the injuries and thin front line, he should get that quality time.
    I always wondered why Shaq wasn't on the Dream Team

All i did was focus on Davis when he was in and wow even in that short time im extremely impressed... his off the ball movement, his awareness, his positioning, his basketball IQ is absolutely amazing... wow wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    All i did was focus on Davis when he was in and wow even in that short time im extremely impressed... his off the ball movement, his awareness, his positioning, his basketball IQ is absolutely amazing... wow wow.
    I was actually disapointed with this, but to his defense he hasnt practiced once with the team.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Sportscenter says Blake has a torn meniscus is out of the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Sportscenter says Blake has a torn meniscus is out of the Olympics.
    Hey, that kinda rhymes.

For whatever it's worth, that DR team would wipe the floor with every single NBA summer league team.

Last summer, that same DR team swept a two-game series against a team featuring John Wall, Jodie Meeks, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Josh Harrelson, Nazr Mohammad, Keith Bogans, Tayshaun Prince and Rajon Rondo. That's 100 percent NBA players.

The Dominicans won the first game of that series 106-88. They won the second 91-86 with Calipari resting the team's best players for the bulk of the second half.

As far as Davis, if you're a Hornets fan, I don't understand why you'd be anything but excited about the guy.

Yeah, I got reallllllyyyy excited from it, wow
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ASBamaguy View Post
    For whatever it's worth, that DR team would wipe the floor with every single NBA summer league team.

Last summer, that same DR team swept a two-game series against a team featuring John Wall, Jodie Meeks, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Josh Harrelson, Nazr Mohammad, Keith Bogans, Tayshaun Prince and Rajon Rondo. That's 100 percent NBA players.

The Dominicans won the first game of that series 106-88. They won the second 91-86 with Calipari resting the team's best players for the bulk of the second half.

As far as Davis, if you're a Hornets fan, I don't understand why you'd be anything but excited about the guy.
    Interesting...thanks for the info. Might need to post more often sir.

9m Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    Buy or sell: That sprained ankle Anthony Davis suffered last week? Word is it was the first one of his life.

5m Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    It's one blow-out exhibition, but I liked what I saw of AD. Swag, solid instincts. Got winded but I'll put that on last-minute call-up.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    And the vets running over to help him up after 3 at the end? Translation: Welcome to the Club, Bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Interesting...thanks for the info. Might need to post more often sir.
    Well, obviously the "Kentucky All-Stars" (as they were billed) were in the middle of a lockout and had little to no organization. Still, that's a lot of individual talent and they lost two games, and were beaten pretty decisively.

I think in terms of transitioning to the NBA, neither the Olympic experience or the NBA Summer League are going to give Davis valuable "minutes." However, he will have a chance to observe and be around a group of veteran players that, whether you like them or not, know how to work and how to be successful as NBA players. To me, for that reason alone, the Olympic experience is more valuable. Davis getting 25 minutes three times against Summer League players is not going to prepare him for the season any more than sitting on the bench for the Olympic team will. The talent level does not come close to replicating what he will be facing on a nightly basis come November.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    can anyone point me in the direction of a box score from tonight??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    9m Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    Buy or sell: That sprained ankle Anthony Davis suffered last week? Word is it was the first one of his life.

5m Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    It's one blow-out exhibition, but I liked what I saw of AD. Swag, solid instincts. Got winded but I'll put that on last-minute call-up.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    And the vets running over to help him up after 3 at the end? Translation: Welcome to the Club, Bruh.
    Ric Bucher should never be allowed to say swag again for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarhornetsfan View Post
    can anyone point me in the direction of a box score from tonight??

http://www.usabasketball.com/misc/12...ame_01_box.pdf

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

I should make that my desktop wallpaper.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Not to mention the things he can learn from simply being around professionals (Kobe, Deron, KD35, TC, etc) who have established NBA careers. Everyone talks about a veteran presence on this team as we grow, you can't get a better set of leaders than those compiled on Team USA. Say what you want about CP3, LBJ, and Melo, but being around the top talents in your profession is NEVER a bad thing. Also I'm sure he'll glean a few things from Coach K and his staff while there as well.
    I can't say anything but nice things about CP3, LBJ, and Melo. I assume Davis will not get tired for the season.

ESPN Stats & Info‏@ESPNStatsInfo
    Anthony Davis (9 Pts in 10 Mins) outscored LeBron (7 Pts), Kobe (4 Pts), Chris Paul (0), Deron Williams (6), and Russell Westbrook (6).
    beast mode

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    I should make that my desktop wallpaper.
    Not those exact ones, but I made these:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...kground=000000

How come nobody mentioned that amazing three point shot where he made the basket and was fouled? Who knew he has such range?

Afterwards, he waved at Calipari in anger as if saying, why didn't you let me shoot these last year? Then he promptly knocked in the free throw.

To me, just looking at his demeanor from this short stint, I think he'll measure out to be a star.

Ok, let me make this as clear as I can. He is going to be a dominant ****ing beast in the NBA. I can see it as plain as day.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-13-2012 at 12:36 AM.

I think I cried a little

And he actually called for it.

Honestly, Davis sort of looks like he could get some minutes at the three. I could easily see him being "that guy" like Kobe or Lebron who guards the other team's best player. He looks like he would do a great job out on the perimeter guarding someone like Durant.

Also, with him and Ryan Anderson, we might seriously have the best shooting front court bigs in the league.

Thread Information