Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ Pistons Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I thought it was only fitting tonight. Lol.
    agreed.

Any news on Davis limping?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Any news on Davis limping?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

When Tyreke plays like he did the majority of the game(minus a few stretches where he let his decision-making lapse, forced the issue and mis-managed some possessions) he is a legit top 10 player.

This is the sort of game I want to point to to all the people saying "take the good with the bad" when he plays like an idiot and point at the screen and say LOOK! And then shout at them "NO, You don't accept the good with the bad because the first half of THIS game is where this guys ceiling can be, and that ceiling has very little of that bad that so many people want to just let slide about this guy.

SURELY we can't go WL this time?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    When Tyreke plays like he did the majority of the game(minus a few stretches where he let his decision-making lapse, forced the issue and mis-managed some possessions) he is a legit top 10 player.

This is the sort of game I want to point to to all the people saying "take the good with the bad" when he plays like an idiot and point at the screen and say LOOK! And then shout at them "NO, You don't accept the good with the bad because the first half of THIS game is where this guys ceiling can be, and that ceiling has very little of that bad that so many people want to just let slide about this guy.
    Nothing exists within a vacuum.

Pistons were terrible on D today.

Against teams that are better defensively he will be forced into harder shots, more boneheaded plays will ensue and so will the criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Against teams that are better defensively he will be forced into harder shots, more boneheaded plays will ensue and so will the criticism.
    I still don't know why the hell he didn't hold for the last shot end of the half. Open lane or not. Manage the clock you big dummy you.

But what made Evans good tonight was his drive and kicking, his distributing to start the game. His unselfish play and taking smart shots.

He let a lot of that get away from him at times in the second half(seemed to completely forget Gordon existed despite lighting it up in the first) but he started the game the way I wish he would play all the time. Less iso ******* stuff, less bull charging, less clock mis-management, more team orientated mindset and hustling on both sides.

I can live with Evans going 2-10 in a game if he played the entire game against a team the way he did in the first half.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I still don't know why the hell he didn't hold for the last shot end of the half. Open lane or not. Manage the clock you big dummy you.
    that was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Thank you Jen. But what we really want to know is why Jrue was not at the Palace in Auburn Hills tonight? And where was he?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

SURELY we can't go WL this time?
    I will go out on a limb and predict that the Pelicans will win against the 76'ers, Raptors and Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Not worried about the Road Warrior AD. I would like to know why Jrue was not on the bench tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Not worried about the Road Warrior AD. I would like to know why Jrue was not on the bench tonight?
    Might be doing tests back in NOLA for his ankle or something.

Heard he was in a lot of pain too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Might be doing tests back in NOLA for his ankle or something.

Heard he was in a lot of pain too.
    Please, please don't let it be a stress fracture.

Good things happen when we move the ball. There were some impressive possessions tonight. My favorite ones were when we made the "extra pass" to get better shots.

We still have lulls where somebody pounds the rock for like 15 seconds, then we get stuck taking a bad shot at the end of the shot clock. Aside from that... great game.

Welcome back Q-Pon

I've noticed that the Pelicans seem to play better when one of the starting 5 is missing (minus EG) examples: AD going out in the first 5 mins against Cle, Tyreke missing the first Hou game and tonight with Jrue missing. Small sample size and obviously not an ideal way to play but I think its a good sign that they can play at a high level when one of the key guys is missing.
    If you will excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.

Great game tonight. Let's see if we can do it again. This team needs consistency!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Great game and I'm glad to see Q-Pon back him and this team is a perfect match personality wise, plus he's a better player now lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Q Pon just looks more like a vet that's contributed to success. Talking on the floor. Focused look. Not the blank stare, mouth open look I've grown accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Q Pon just looks more like a vet that's contributed to success. Talking on the floor. Focused look. Not the blank stare, mouth open look I've grown accustomed to.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    4:20 much?

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    4:20 much?

Y'all know y'all miss Chief.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Reke is a special player. Who do you think he compares to? Any sport will do...
    Pierre Thomas.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKeymaster View Post
    I've noticed that the Pelicans seem to play better when one of the starting 5 is missing (minus EG) examples: AD going out in the first 5 mins against Cle, Tyreke missing the first Hou game and tonight with Jrue missing. Small sample size and obviously not an ideal way to play but I think its a good sign that they can play at a high level when one of the key guys is missing.
    I really think we have too many players that need the ball to be effective.
    Q-Pon is a perfect example of this. He comes in and doesn't need the ball and plays great.

Jrue, Tyreke, EJ all need touches. Jrue is probably the best of these guys at playing off the ball, but when we're missing one of them it seems like the team as a whole plays better. Maybe it's a chemistry thing. Regardless of this, having these good players is an asset to the team whether we move them or not.

I think we need less "big fish" and more "role guys".
    Someone tell me if you disagree and why.

Thread Information