Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: game day thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty literally pushed every right button tonight. He didn't make one mistake tonight. Great play calls , great subs, great adjustments. .. fantastic
    Its amazing how much a better coach Monty is when were undermanned.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    This Pelicans team on the court is an embarrassment to basketball players worldwide.
    Lol.

What does that make the raptors?

The bench out scores the starters tonight. That is doing it by committee,love it!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This just shows how good this team could be if they could stay healthy. They would learn to play well together.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Its amazing how much a better coach Monty is when were undermanned.
    Couldn't watch the entire game today but saw a good bit of the 2nd and pretty much the whole second half... Monty coached his *** off!!

I really do feel like he manages his rotations much better when we are undermanned, I don't know what it is. Overall, he's improved a lot with rotations and has been pretty solid this year, but I feel like his best is definitely when we're missing key guys. Both Raptors games are good examples.

Can't make new thread on tape talk apparently but I just wanna say....cole mm was right about him it's not about his scoring but plays making dnt get me wrong he made timely baskets but it was his play making that really gave us that boost so mm you deserve a slow non sarcastic slow clap lol

Cole really showed us tonight a major part of what we've been missing.

Coach just said Tyreke was sick FWIW.

I wasn't expecting much but I really, really liked Norris Cole tonight.

You can tell he came from a fast paced system because the pace tonight was pretty incredible in the moments eh was really running the show. Quick up the court, quick decisions that led to defensive lapses and good looks. Much less dribble down the clock and take a bad shot crap that buries us in most fourth quarters. Then he hustled back on D and was very good with his awareness in transition on D, often yelling at guys to get to their man.

It's the type of pace and defensive hustle I wish we would play with all the time.

....Although leave it to Evans to almost destroy that with an ill-timed iso step-back long two at the end of the shot clock after he dribbled it out.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

game day thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Coach just said Tyreke was sick FWIW.
    I'm sorry but is it just me or has he looked like he just doesn't wanna be out there the last few games???
    Last edited by notime; 02-23-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I wasn't expecting much but I really, really liked Norris Cole tonight.

You can tell he came from a fast paced system because the pace tonight was pretty incredible. Quick up the court, quick decisions that led to defensive lapses and good looks. Much less dribble down the clock and take a bad shot crap that buries us in most fourth quarters.

It's the type of pace I wish we would play with all the time.

....Although leave it to Evans to almost destroy that with an ill-timed iso step-back long two at the end of the shot clock after he dribbled it out.
    You knw that fast paced bball doesn't work in the play offs right? It's all half court lower possessions and I just think once we get to the playoffs this is what will pay off for us

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    You knw that fast paced bball doesn't work in the play offs right? It's all half court lower possessions and I just think once we get to the playoffs this is what will pay off for us
    Thats not completely true at all.

Really? Bc you remember those sun teams? How far did they get? Or how about this harden driven Houston team? I would say the only one was OKC and yet they didn't play fast past the whole time either

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Really? Bc you remember those sun teams? How far did they get? Or how about this harden driven Houston team? I would say the only one was OKC and yet they didn't play fast past the whole time either
    Your replies are missing context. You hear the word pace and automatically think the "7 seconds or less Suns." He never said anything about playing like the Suns. Reread the posts, man. Pace does not equal shots. Quick decisions does not equal shots. Quick passes does not equal shots. You are simply making the defense work until you get the best possible look and not one dictated by the defense.

Okay I'm slightly drunk after that win bc come on lol but still every one knws possessions are limeted in the play offs it's rare if a fast team wins Thad why I think the Warriors will be one and done or go into the second that's it

The Spurs were 6th in pace last postseason and Miami was last. Remember who won? The Lakers beat the Celtics in 08 playing the second highest pace in the playoffs. Beat the Magic in 09 playing the 4th highest pace in the playoffs.

Your assertion is flat out not the universal truth you think it is.

But you are also misjudging what I am saying and asking me to argue a point I am not making. I am not saying higher pace always equals more wins. That would be idiotic. Taking that notion to its logical conclusion I would be arguing that the team that takes the most shots the earliest in the shot clock is an indicator of the best team. Im not saying that.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-23-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Your replies are missing context. You hear the word pace and automatically think the "7 seconds or less Suns." He never said anything about playing like the Suns. Reread the posts, man. Pace does not equal shots. Quick decisions does not equal shots. Quick passes does not equal shots. You are simply making the defense work until you get the best possible look and not one dictated by the defense.
    Thank you.

The Spurs were 6th in pace last postseason and Miami was last. Remember who won? The Lakers beat the Celtics in 08 playing the second highest pace in the playoffs. Beat the Magic in 09 playing the 4th highest pace in the playoffs.

Your assertion is flat out not the universal truth you think it is.

But you are also misjudging what I am saying and asking me to argue a point I am not making. I am not saying higher pace always equals more wins.
    I'm not asking you to argue period? I'm
    Just giving you my opinion no need to get crazy about it not mention that pace can differ from 1 to 2 dramatically 1 can be like the 7 second Suns as defensive said and number 2 can be well below that all I'm really saying is when is the last time number one won?

If you need a good laugh, here's some comments from the game day thread on Raptors RealGM board:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424751537.940225.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	5889

On second analysis I am not exactly sure what was driving Coles pace tonight. Looking at the Heat this year they are slowest in the league.

Either way it was a breath of fresh air and I hope it continues.

Anyone remember this awesome video with Carly Comando piano solo from Carly Commando from the Hornets 2007-2008 amazing season?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYFjGtowq0I

If only the Pelicans core can stay healthy in 2015-2016 they could repeat amazing.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 02-23-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

All-Star
    Cole have been outstanding.

I'm not asking you to argue period? I'm
    Just giving you my opinion no need to get crazy about it not mention that pace can differ from 1 to 2 dramatically 1 can be like the 7 second Suns as defensive said and number 2 can be well below that all I'm really saying is when is the last time number one won?
    And the slowest team rarely wins either. So I guess that kinda proves my point that pace is not really a sole indicator of much?

What pace coupled with smart shots, good ball movement and good decision makers that play unselfishly can do when properly executed is what you see with GS or San Antonio, it makes them hard to defend because you can't ever get set against them consistently and they take smart, high quality shots and optimize the talents they have on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    If you need a good laugh, here's some comments from the game day thread on Raptors RealGM board:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424751537.940225.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	5889
    Thanks for sharing. After the recent rash of injuries I needed some cheering up.

And the slowest team rarely wins either. So I guess that kinda proves my point that pace is not really a sole indicator of much?

What pace coupled with smart shots, good ball movement and good decision makers that play unselfishly can do when properly executed is what you see with GS or San Antonio, it makes them hard to defend because you can't ever get set against them consistently and they take smart, high quality shots and optimize the talents they have on their team.
    GS takes smart shots really? Yeeea les be honest here klay and steph throw up prayers more offend then not that make it in that's not Good offense that's just banking on percentages to come through

Thread Information