Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source close to Gentry says "VERY INTERESTED"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Source close to Gentry says "VERY INTERESTED"

Man,I am absolutely SHOCKED that Gentry is Highly Interested in the Pels job!I am highly impressed that Reid & Smith were both able to get this ENORMOUS SCOOP ! Anyone else?

It's not a surprise to us, but you gotta remember that 90% of their readers are probably very casual fans that spend 1/100th of the time we do thinking about this or discussing this, so it is news to them.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It's not a surprise to us, but you gotta remember that 90% of their readers are probably very casual fans that spend 1/100th of the time we do thinking about this or discussing this, so it is news to them.
    Hey, given the fact that FA starts July 1st & the W's can still be playing in mid JUNE. Is that NOT cutting it VERY close to Free Agency w/out any free agents having a clue as to who their coach will be?

Why is this breaking news tho? Lol we already interviewed him. I'm sure MANY coaches are "very interested" to come here. Smh getting me all worked up thinking something happen. You trippin Tinman!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hey, given the fact that FA starts July 1st & the W's can still be playing in mid JUNE. Is that NOT cutting it VERY close to Free Agency w/out any free agents having a clue as to who their coach will be?
    Coaches have accepted the job while the team they are assistant coaching for is still playing.

Gentry can talk to Demps a couple hours a day if he got the job, but I don't think it would be an issue in the event it did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why is this breaking news tho? Lol we already interviewed him. I'm sure MANY coaches are "very interested" to come here. Smh getting me all worked up thinking something happen. You trippin Tinman!
    Maybe after Brooks said he was withdrawing, some casual fans were wondering if we were really a destination spot.

Again, we are the super obsessed. Our level of knowledge is not the norm.

Coaches have accepted the job while the team they are assistant coaching for is still playing.

Gentry can talk to Demps a couple hours a day if he got the job, but I don't think it would be an issue in the event it did happen.
    Going by what "Gentry's people said via Reid & Smith! It was stated that Gentry has NOT been offered a 2nd interview, but definitely anticipates one AFTER Golden State is finished.

*sacarism meter °0* sorry guys I couldn't sense the thread because my meter is low. My bad Tinman!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    *sacarism meter °0* sorry guys I couldn't sense the thread because my meter is low. My bad Tinman!
    Sorry, i thought the little boy w/ the propeller on his head might give it away !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Going by what "Gentry's people said via Reid & Smith! It was stated that Gentry has NOT been offered a 2nd interview, but definitely anticipates one AFTER Golden State is finished.
    Demps isn't going to hold the other candidates up for that IMO. The next guy will be hired before the Finals is over IMO. Would be shocked if they weren't

Demps isn't going to hold the other candidates up for that IMO. The next guy will be hired before the Finals is over IMO. Would be shocked if they weren't
    Prayers for that. Not a Gentry fan.

Gentry = Yuck. No disrespect tho.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The sheer volume of people that are anti-Gentry, make me more prone to think he'll be our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The sheer volume of people that are anti-Gentry, make me more prone to think he'll be our guy.
    Got to keep up the tradition

If we fire Dell next year if things don't go as planned. Could we see his choice of coach going with him and then bringing in someone like a JVG or Calipari that would want control of the personnel decisions as well as coaching?

The more people here say how much they hate Gentry the more it makes me think that he should be the hire. If the fans were as smart as we think we are, we'd be working in the front office. IJS
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    The more people here say how much they hate Gentry the more it makes me think that he should be the hire. If the fans were as smart as we think we are, we'd be working in the front office. IJS
    I don't think it is so much everyone hates Gentry so much as people prefer any number of alternatives.

Im a little more open to Gentry the more i have heard but still not convinced he would project as superior to guys like Hoiberg, Van Gundy, Malone and Thibs.

And a couple of the up and comers are a bit more intriguing to me personally. Atkinson and even Lue are guys that have a future in this league at head coach if they find the right landing spot.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    If we fire Dell next year if things don't go as planned. Could we see his choice of coach going with him and then bringing in someone like a JVG or Calipari that would want control of the personnel decisions as well as coaching?
    This is what is so baffling to me. Dell is seemingly on the hot seat. So to me the narrative that Dell is the ultimate decision maker on the coach either says ownership is very short sighted, Dell isn't on the hot seat or ownership has a much more prominent role in choosing the coach then they have publicly let on.

Going by that reasoning we should have kept monty forever, pretty much every fan out there hated him

You are assuming that everyone in the front office is SMART? Yes?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I guess Monty should have stayed the HC forever then.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I don't think it is so much everyone hates Gentry so much as people prefer any number of alternatives.

Im a little more open to Gentry the more i have heard but still not convinced he would project as superior to guys like Hoiberg, Van Gundy, Malone and Thibs.

And a couple of the up and comers are a bit more intriguing to me personally. Atkinson and even Lue are guys that have a future in this league at head coach if they find the right landing spot.
    What makes Hoiberg, Malone and Thibs superior to Gentry? To me, it seems like Gentry hasn't had the best opportunities as a head coach and took some really bad jobs. I can't hold stints with Donald Sterling's Clippers and the end of 90s Pistons against Gentry.

The last time we had a coach that had a mix reaction from fans, his record with us was below 500

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    What makes Hoiberg, Malone and Thibs superior to Gentry? To me, it seems like Gentry hasn't had the best opportunities as a head coach and took some really bad jobs. I can't hold stints with Donald Sterling's Clippers and the end of 90s Pistons against Gentry.
    Then what can you hold against anyone? He has had something like 700 games as a head coach.

so wait... Jeff Van Gundy VERY INTERESTED and Gentry is VERY INTERESTED? Who's more interested?

I say they play a game of 1 on 1. Winner gets the job. All proceeds go to charity. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! (pels hc)

EDIT: on second thought a battle royal may be a better option. My money is on Hoidberg. He has the claw attack and an ink defense. Obviously the favorite to win the Battle Royal.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 05-21-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information