Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Draft File

Hall of Famer
    It's strange. If you value ratings, then there are some guys we know of as quality players that aren't worth being drafted high. If you value potential, then there's a lot of guys that I've never heard of with great potential. I mean, Ron Slay? James Lang? Kevin Johnson (no, not that one)? Marcus Hatten? Travis Hansen? Who are these bums, and why do they all have A potential?

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    It's strange. If you value ratings, then there are some guys we know of as quality players that aren't worth being drafted high. If you value potential, then there's a lot of guys that I've never heard of with great potential. I mean, Ron Slay? James Lang? Kevin Johnson (no, not that one)? Marcus Hatten? Travis Hansen? Who are these bums, and why do they all have A potential?
    The same reason Deanthony Hullett and Onionyriouyruy or whatever his name was has A but failed. IRL Darko had A potential but never lived up to it. Eddie Curry as well. Also, ratings are a little "overrated" as well. Theres a lot of guys that letter rate out well but can play a lick in this league.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You're having a historically great season, and i'm envious in a good way of it.
    Thanks for the kind words, this actually got me thinking is there anywhere to see previous seasons results? I know you can look at overall records but I'd like to see most wins in a season and other things like that. This has been a fun season, not having to rely on Webber for absolutely everything I remember saying early on I have 3 guys that can go for 30 any given night and that has been true, I actually think there have been a few games when they've each gotten 30. Hopefully they can close out the regular season and not flame out in the playoffs like I have the past 2 years.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Actually it funny you mention Lang as a bum, I think we drafted him

Edit: We totally did lol
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Hall of Famer
    The same reason Deanthony Hullett and Onionyriouyruy or whatever his name was has A but failed. IRL Darko had A potential but never lived up to it. Eddie Curry as well. Also, ratings are a little "overrated" as well. Theres a lot of guys that letter rate out well but can play a lick in this league.
    I get what you're saying, but Darko has C potential in this draft. And some of these guys with A potential weren't even drafted in the real '03 draft, so what's up with that?

I'm just wondering. Maybe these second-round picks aren't so worthless after all. I guess this is the sim's way of trying to emulate the uncertainity of real life, and failing miserably to do so. There may be some unknown gems the sim has decided to create, but honestly, none of us are going to take a chance on these losers. Even if we did, cries of "TANK! HE'S TANKING!" would no doubt be thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Actually it funny you mention Lang as a bum, I think we drafted him

Edit: We totally did lol
    Last edited by Xist2inspire; 10-22-2012 at 06:58 PM.

These are draft files people have created.

Si

Hall of Famer
    Sheesh, that makes it even more confusing!

Time for me to get started on evaluating the prospects. A 4-11 mark in the last two sims has pretty much knocked me out of the playoffs. Need to improve my SF depth and hope that Manu improves his perimeter scoring next season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Zaur "Zaza" Pachulia was drafted last season by the Hawks. He's still on their roster.

I recomend that Sofoklis Schortsianitis be upgraded to As across the board

I have been tanking this season. I just hate having messed up the league for you guys, so sorry.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    We don't know why you did the deal but it looks fishy. You said you couldn't do better than what you got but that's BS too bc multiple ppl have said they offered you much better. I tried to send you an offer on Jamison and you said you weren't looking to trade him. What your saying and what your doing don't match up.
    Only one guys said he's offered me better and that was hornetstime. I have said many times that I regret not doing that deal. When you PM'ed me that, I wasn't shopping him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    LOL, AK47 is so overvalued in this league... it's unreal.
    Why would I accept that trade? So I can have 3 expiring players? Or so any scenario of the 3 leave and you guys pick em up?

I've been looking for Cwilder's depth chart because he also traded his best player away (Pierce i think) for David Robinson and a slew of 1st round picks and was applauded for getting assets back. Well looking at his box score Robinson appears to be his 3rd PF and either doesn't play or plays 4-7 mins a game at the Power Forward position. I tried finding his first DC in the thread but when I did a search it only showed his depth charts from season 2 finals. I know he has been missing, but haven't seen it brought up anywhere either. He has Jamaal Magloire starting C Chris Wilcox starting PF and Olumide Oyedeji backing them both up if I had to guess going by the minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    no idea how the nets are a playoff team and your team is under .500

Been a strange year in this sim.
    This is unnecessary telling. Maybe because I set up my depth chart differently, or my team have good defenders. Maybe form a over valued you guy who is on the bench with a A+ defense.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Why would I accept that trade? So I can have 3 expiring players? Or so any scenario of the 3 leave and you guys pick em up?
    It's not like you wouldn't have the cap space to sign them to 3 max deals. I'm glad you didnt though, I mean I don't want you to to have Jamison lol I'm fighting you out for a playoff spot

It's not like you wouldn't have the cap space to sign them to 3 max deals. I'm glad you didnt though, I mean I don't want you to to have Jamison lol I'm fighting you out for a playoff spot
    Yea, like the odds are in my favor especially from previous free agency. Shocked my team are even close, I knew defensively we would be good but wasn't sure if the offense would hold up. Even if the Suns deal would go through, defensively we would have been good. Lets see where this goes.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Is it still going through? as long as you get it done by this sim? Or what?

Hall of Famer
    The trade deadline's passed. It was Day 100, right?

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I have been tanking this season. I just hate having messed up the league for you guys, so sorry.
    Unlike other GM's here, I don't care. Just don't blatantly lie about it to everyone's faces (screens).

I would much rather have an active owner that is tanking than an owner who can't bother to put in a depth chart all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Unlike other GM's here, I don't care. Just don't blatantly lie about it to everyone's faces (screens).

I would much rather have an active owner that is tanking than an owner who can't bother to put in a depth chart all season.
    I'd rather get the clap instead of herpes but I'd rather take precautions against not having either.

I think the sim was simmed already.

We should set a cap floor, like in the real NBA, to discourage tanking

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    We should set a cap floor, like in the real NBA, to discourage tanking
    Not a bad idea.

Thread Information