Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Draft File

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Just to freaking prove I'm not tanking, I'll put both of my picks up for trade when he time comes. It's gonna take a **** of a good offer, but I'll trade one. You guys can hold me to it. Maybe I'm just a crappy GM, but I really did think I was getting a good deal. Also, why in the world would I not want to get more picks and young players for Jamison? I offered Jamison for AK47 and a first, but was shot down.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    LOL, AK47 is so overvalued in this league... it's unreal.

Just to freaking prove I'm not tanking, I'll put both of my picks up for trade when he time comes. It's gonna take a **** of a good offer, but I'll trade one. You guys can hold me to it. Maybe I'm just a crappy GM, but I really did think I was getting a good deal. Also, why in the world would I not want to get more picks and young players for Jamison? I offered Jamison for AK47 and a first, but was shot down.
    You have people you've told you're doing this. You bid on fake fake, you continuously submit the same lineup after you started losing. This is what you should figure out in life and in turn the game. Your actions are what people believe. You can say "I'm not freaking tanking" until you're blue in the face. People with half a brain can see through your empty words. Your actions aren't even veiled enough to make anyone second guess what you're doing. Please stop because it's embarrassing and flagrant.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    LOL, AK47 is so overvalued in this league... it's unreal.
    Yeah, I agree.

Okay, whatever sure, I'm tanking. Does that make you guys happy? The fake fake thing was stupid.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    That's why no one believes you man. You SCREAM that you aren't tanking but nearly every move you have made since last offseason SCREAMS TANKING. So you might be saying that you aren't but it definetly looks like you are. Using the "Maybe I'm just a crappy GM" as a cover is what it looks like. I agree with the others that all the obvious tanking has taken away from the league too. And to be rewarded with a high pick(s) in one of the best drafts sours a lot of the other GM's the way you and some others went about it by cheating the system. Then you want to come in here and suggest that Lebron's ratings be upped even more. Come on man.

Okay, whatever sure, I'm tanking. Does that make you guys happy? The fake fake thing was stupid.
    Don't forget that once you acquired your own pick back you retracted a bunch of your offers to free agents. Not against the rules but a clear sign of your intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Don't forget that once you acquired your own pick back you retracted a bunch of your offers to free agents. Not against the rules but a clear sign of your intentions.
    The FA stuff was definitely bad on my part.

But, seriously can I ask you guys. Why would I do this trade if I could have gotten young talent and picks instead? I tried to get a better deal.

Just own it man. "Okay, whatever sure, I'm tanking. does that make you guys feel happy?" is pretty insensere.
    Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.

But, seriously can I ask you guys. Why would I do this trade if I wasnt tanking
    Fixed.

But, seriously can I ask you guys. Why would I do this trade if I could have gotten young talent and picks instead? I tried to get a better deal.
    We don't know why you did the deal but it looks fishy. You said you couldn't do better than what you got but that's BS too bc multiple ppl have said they offered you much better. I tried to send you an offer on Jamison and you said you weren't looking to trade him. What your saying and what your doing don't match up.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Definitely. There are a few guys "rebuilding" and there are a few guys "tanking."

Though I will say this, these guys that are blatantly tanking have taken a lot of fun out of the league. There are more deserving GM's than these guys who are bending the rules.
    This and I'll just say it and call the guy out, coltsguy and busta really have tainted this season and it sucks. Play your best team and do your best to win and let the chips fall where they may. I also love how busta is trying to move up in the draft when the lottery hasn't even happened yet. I can only hope they both miserably fail at the lottery and end up with 2 players that don't pan out.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    This and I'll just say it and call the guy out, coltsguy and busta really have tainted this season and it sucks. Play your best team and do your best to win and let the chips fall where they may. I also love how busta is trying to move up in the draft when the lottery hasn't even happened yet. I can only hope they both miserably fail at the lottery and end up with 2 players that don't pan out.
    You're having a historically great season, and i'm envious in a good way of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah. sad part is he probably could have gotten a couple of pieces, like Donnell Harvey and other young assets and avoided this without spending a ton of cap room. I don't blame him for trading the Glenn Robinson's of the world and such.
    I traded Glenn Robinson

Hall of Famer
    Maybe it's just because I don't have a pick this year, but I'm pretty unimpressed with the draft . I mean, since potential has proven to be more of a random factor than anything........

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Maybe it's just because I don't have a pick this year, but I'm pretty unimpressed with the draft . I mean, since potential has proven to be more of a random factor than anything........
    I thought the same thing. I mean josh Howard is rated higher than a lot of guys. I thought Darko would be rated much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I traded Glenn Robinson
    And who traded him to you?

I still need someone to explain to me why my team sucks...

Also someone explain Matt Bonner's ratings...

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    And who traded him to you?
    I honestly don't remember but I assume it was one of the tankers. I misunderstood

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I thought the same thing. I mean josh Howard is rated higher than a lot of guys. I thought Darko would be rated much higher.
    Yeah, if you take potential out of the equation, there are guys who I know of as benchwarmers and role players in real life right up there with guys like Bosh & Anthony in terms of ratings.

And can't we purchase slight increases in potential in the league shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Yeah, if you take potential out of the equation, there are guys who I know of as benchwarmers and role players in real life right up there with guys like Bosh & Anthony in terms of ratings.

And can't we purchase slight increases in potential in the league shop?
    I may be wrong, but I think I remember seeing that hackim Warrick is rated higher than darco

Can I just say, I've loved the league so far, but the 03 draft makes me really excited. 2003 draft was when I really got into the NBA after the inaugural season for the Hornets
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I still need someone to explain to me why my team sucks...

Also someone explain Matt Bonner's ratings...
    no idea how the nets are a playoff team and your team is under .500

Been a strange year in this sim.

As far as player ratings go for this draft here are a few of my suggestions

Carmelo Anthony Defense from C+ to C- or D+

Mickael Pietrus Outside from C to C+ or B-

David West Rebound from C to C+ or B-

Kendrick Perkins Rebound from C+ to B- or B

You asked for our opinion so heres mine. just a few minor tweaks. But I understand they are all rookies too.

Thread Information